- Volume 4 Issue 7
USN-based real-time monitoring systems, which receive raw data from sensor nodes and store the processed information in traditional servers, recently get to be replaced by IoT(Internet of Things)/WoT(Web of Things)-based ones. Especially, Social Web of Things(SWoT) paradigm can make use of cloud storage over Social Network Service(SNS) and enable the possibility of integrated access, management and sharing. This paper proposes an improved SWoT-based real-time monitoring system which makes up for weak points of existing systems, and implements monitoring service integrating a legacy sensor network and commercial SNS without requiring additional servers. Especially, the proposed system can reduce emergency propagation time by employing PUSH messages.
- Google inc., Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) for Android [Internet], https://developer.android.com/google/gcm/index.html.
- Chang-Hee Lee, Seok-Chan Jeong, Young-Seok Ock, and Min-Soo Kim, "Development of Water Quality Monitoring System using USN," The Journal of Korean Institute of Information Technology, Vol.10, No.8, pp.153-163, 2012.
- Chung et al., "Social Web of Things: A Survey," International Conference of Parallel and Distributed Systems, 2013.
- Dominique et al., "Sharing Using Social Networks in a Composable Web of Things," Pervasive Computing and Communications Workshops (PERCOM Workshops), 8th IEEE International Conference, pp. 702-707, 2010.
- Dae-Hyun Ryu, "Development of Urban Farm Management System using Commercial SNS as IoT Platform," The Journal of the Institute of Internet, Broadcasting and Communication, Vol.13, No.5, 2013.
- M. C. Domingo, "A context-aware service architecture for the integration of body sensor networks and social networks through the IP multimedia subsystem," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol.49, No.1, pp.102-108, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2011.5681022
- Woojin Joe, Meilan Jiang, and Karpjoo Jeong, "An M2M/IoT based Smart Data Logger for Environmental Sensor Networks," Journal of KIISE: Computing Practices and Letters, Vol.20, No.1, pp.1-5, 2014.
- Yacine et al., "A Social Web of Things Approach to a Smart Campus Model," Green Computing and Communications (GreenCom), IEEE and Internet of Things (iThings/ CPSCom), IEEE International Conference on and IEEE Cyber, Physical and Social Computing, pp.349-354, 2013.
- Chung et al., "Design and implementation of light-weight smart home gateway for Social Web of Things," Ubiquitous and Future Networks (ICUFN), Sixth International Conference, pp.425-430, 2014.
- M. Baqer, "Enabling collaboration and coordination of wireless sensor networks via social networks," 6th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing in Sensor Systems Workshops (DCOSSW), pp.1-2, 2010.
- Twitter inc., REST APIs Documentation [Internet], https://dev.twitter.com/rest/public.