- Volume 17 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A study on the improvement of the air exhaust system at the PSD installed subway station
도시철도 지하역사 PSD 설치에 따른 배기시스템 개선 연구
- Kwon, Soon-Bark ;
- Song, Ji-Han ;
- Ryu, Ju-Hwan ;
- Jo, Seung-Won ;
- Oh, Tae-Suk ;
- Bae, Sung-Joon ;
- Kim, Hyo-Gyu
- Received : 2015.05.01
- Accepted : 2015.05.13
- Published : 2015.05.31
Platform screen door (PSD) installed at underground subway station has reduced the safety accident, but it may cause poor air ventilation condition due to the isolated exhaust duct in the subway tunnel area. In this study, the additional ventilation system was suggested, which can be installed at a void space (i.e., storage room under stairs) of platform in order to improve efficiency of air ventilation rate. Exhausted air from platform was directed to underneath of platform and joined with existing ventilation duct of train exhaust system (TES). One subway station in Seoul city was selected to predict the effectiveness of the suggested lower exhaust system by using the computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis. The predicted mean age of air was decreased by 16.5% which proves the improvement of air ventilation efficiency when the suggested lower exhaust system was applied.
Subway;Platform;Ventilation system;Platform Screen Door;Lower Exhaust System
- Bartak, M., Cermak, M., Clarke, J.A., Denev, J., Drka, F., Lain, M., Macdonald, I.A., Majer, M., Stankov, P. (2001), "Experimental and numerical study of local mean age of air", Proceedings of the 7th International Building Performance Simulation Association Conference, pp. 773-779.
- Chow, W.K., Qu, L., Pang, E.C.L. (2011), "Incidents on fire and ventilation provision in subway systems in Hong Kong", International Journal on Engineering Performance-Based Fire Codes, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 41-47.
- Huang, Y.-d., Gong, X.-l., Peng, Y.-j., Lin, X.-y., Kim, C.N. (2011), "Effects of the ventilation duct arrangement and duct geometry on ventilation performance in a subway tunnel", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 26, pp. 725-733. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2011.05.005
- Jeon, J.-S., Yoon, J.-C., Lee, H.-C., Eom, S.-W., Chae, Y.-Z. (2012), "A noticeable change in indoor Radon levels after platform screen doors installation in Seoul subway station", Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 28, No. 5, pp. 59-67. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2012.28.1.059
- Lee, S.Y., Lee, I.B., Park, S.J. (2014), "Development of a straightforward method of estimating age-of-air using CFD", Int. Conference of Agricultural Eng., (Ref. C0564), pp. 1-8.
- Lee, T.-J., Jeon, J.-S., Kim, S.-D., Kim, D.-S. (2010), "A comparative study on PM10 source contributions in a Seoul metropolitan subway station before/after installing platform screen doors", Journal of Korean Society for Atmospheric Environment, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 543-553. https://doi.org/10.5572/KOSAE.2010.26.5.543
- Meng, N., Hu, L., Wu, L., Yang, L., Zhu, S., Chen, L., Tang, W. (2014), "Numerical study on the optimization of smoke ventilation mode at the conjunction area between tunnel trak and platform in emergency of a train fire at subway station", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 40, pp. 151-159. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2013.09.014
- Park, S.-J., Lee, I.-B., Hong, S.-W., Kwon, K.-S., Ha, T.-H., Yun, N.-G., Kim, H.--G., Kwon, S.-H. (2013), "Development of straightforward method of estimating LMA and LMR using computational fluid dynamics technology", Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers, Vol. 55, No. 6, pp. 135-144. https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2013.55.6.135
- Roh, J.S., Ryou, H.S., Park, W.H., Jang, Y.J. (2009), "CFD simulation and assessment of life safety in a subway train fire", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 24, pp. 447-453. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2008.12.003
- Sandberg, M., Sjoeberg, M. (1983), "The use of moments for assessing air quality in ventilated rooms", Building and Environment, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 181-197. https://doi.org/10.1016/0360-1323(83)90026-4
Supported by : 국토교통부