- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of the Importance-Satisfaction of Convergent Medical Tourism Service Quality
융복합 의료관광서비스의 중요도-만족도 분석
- Han, Jin-Young (Dept. of Hotel Management, Catholic Kwandong University) ;
- Choi, Eun-Mi (Dept. of Medical Management, Catholic Kwandong University) ;
- Ji, Ke-Yung (Dept. of Hotel Management, Catholic Kwandong University)
- Received : 2015.05.13
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.07.28
In this study, IPA(Importance-Performance Analysis) techniques were used to suggest improvement plans and implications for convergent medical tourism services which medical tourists can be satisfied in Medical institutions. For this study, a total of 244 questionnaires among collected data for customers who experience a medical tourism service (a health checkup) at four hospitals located in Gangneung, Gangwon Province from September 1, 2014 to October 30, 2014 was to ensure a valid sample. As a result of the experiments which conducted by paired sample t-test analysis to learn corresponding to the difference between importance and satisfaction of the medical tourism services, it shows significant differences in all entries In the importance and satisfaction of the medical tourism services. As a result of the experiments which conducted by the IPA, the importance is high awareness but among service items which satisfaction is not actually high, service items that requires intensive care in the future are derived in items of "exact medical tourism services", "rapid response to the needs of the patient", "rapid medical tourism services", "communication with medical tourism coordinator". Therefore, medical institutions may need to be arranged in the Medical Tourism Coordinator with the agility and expertise of the medical tourism.
IPA((Importance-Performance Analysis);Medical Tourism Service;Medical Tourist;Convergence;Medical tourism coordinator
- Kwak, Dae-Young(2012), A Study on the Factors Affecting the Satisfaction Level of Medical Tourism Product: Focused on Medical Service, Journal of Hotel & Resort, 11(2): 125-144.
- Ko, Seon-Hee.Park Eun-Suk (2012), Research on the medical tourism attributes by IPA, Journal of The Korea Contents Society, 12(4): 438-447.
- Kim, Kyoung-Hwan.Chang, Young-Il.Jung, You-Soo(2011), A Study on revisiting intentions of medical institution customers and service quality factors influencing word-of-mouth effect, Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management, 38(4): 15-23.
- Kim, Seong-Seop.Kim, Mi-Ju(2010), A study of assessing a medical tourism market and exploring preferred medical products and tour programs to strengthen korea"s international tourism competitiveness, Korean Journal of Tourism Research, 25(2): 357-377.
- Kim, Yang-Kyun.Choi, Min-Sik.Oh, Young-I n.Yu, Tae-Young(2010), A study of identifies the factors affecting the selection of medical tourism destinations, 19(4): 99-113.
- Kim, Heung-Ryel(2012), Comparative study for importance and preference of medical service quality-Foused on Daejeon Metropolitan City, Korea Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research 26(5): 115-129.
- Daejeon Metropolitan City(2011). The long-term comprehensive plan for fostering Medical tourism.
- Park, Dae-Han.Kim, Young-Kyu(2012), A study on the development of medical tourism service process model and service manual, The korean academy society of culture & tourism, 14(1): 7-17.
- Lee, Chang-Nam.Kim, Hyun-Ju.Hwang, Il-Yung(2013), The Effects of International Medical Toursim Service Quality on Perceived Value, International Commerce and Information Review, 15(4): 3-25.
- Rim, Choun-Rye(2011), A Study on the Effects of medical tourism service quality, perceived value, satisfaction and behavioral Intention, Tourism Business Management, Kyonggi University Graduate School of Tourism & Hospitality, Ph.D. Dissertation.
- Rim, Choun-Rye(2011), A Study on the Effects of medical tourism service quality, perceived value, satisfaction and behavioral Intention depending on the type of medical tourism, korea service Industry Academy, 8(3): 97-113.
- Yun, dae-sun(2011), Latest Tourism Management Principles, Daewansa Publishing Company.
- Yu, ji-yun, Kang.Kang, Jae-Jeong(2008). A study of prefer Property Analysis for medical tourism of China, Japan and South Korea's tourists to promote the convergence and the composite of Medical treatment and tourism, Journal of Tourism Sciences, (21): 335-355
- Yu, Ji-Yun(2008), A cross-Cultural Study on Participation Intention to Medical tourism among Korean, Chinese & Japanese Visitors in Korea, Journal of Tourism Research, 33(3): 187-204
- Han, Jin-Young.Choi, Eun-Mi.Ji, Ke-Yong(2011). The exploratory study on development of medical toursim product in Gangwon Province, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, 13(3): 1-16.
- Jang, Yang-Lae(2011), An Analysis on the Factors of Influence on Preference of Japanese Medical Tourists, Korea Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, 25(4): 368-380.
- Chung, Jae-Hoon.Han, Jang-Hul(2009), The effects of the attribute-level satisfaction on the overall satisfaction and the mediation role of involvement in medical service, Korean Corporation Management Review, 16(2): 243-258.
- Korea Culture & Tourism Institute(2010), 2009 International Visitor Survey.
- Connell, J.(2006). "Medical tourism: sea, sun, sand and surgery", Tourism Management, 27(6): 1093-1100. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2005.11.005
- Evan, J. R. & Berman, B.(1984). Service and Non-Profit American Marketing, New York: Marcmillan Publishing Company.
- Geng, X., & Chu, X.(2012). "A new Importance-Performance analysis approach for customer satisfaction evaluation supporting PSS design", Expert Systems with Applications, 39: 1492-1502. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2011.08.038
- Gronroos, C.(1984). A Service quality model and its marketing implications, European Journal of Marketing, 18(4): 36-44. https://doi.org/10.1108/EUM0000000004784
- Gupta, A. S.(2004). Medical tourism and public health. People's Democracy, 27(19). Retreived 12.05.09.
- Korea International Medical Association: www.koreahealthtour.co.kr
- Medlik, S.(1996). Dictionary of Travel, Tourism and Hospitality, British Library Cataloging in Publication Data, London.
- Mueller, H. & Lanz-Kaufmann, E.(2001). Wellness Tourism: Market analysis of a special health tourism segment and implications for the hotel industry. Journal of Vacation Marketing, 7(1): 5-17. https://doi.org/10.1177/135676670100700101
- Oh, H.(2001). Revisiting Importance-Performance analysis. Tourism Management, 22(6), 617-627. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-5177(01)00036-X
- Reddy, S. G., York, V. K., & Brannon, L, A.(2010). "Travel for Treatment: Studets' Perspective on Medical Tourism", International Journal of Tourism Research, 12(5): 510-522.
- Smith, P. C., Forgione, D.(2007). Global outsorcing of healthcare: A medical tourism model, Journal of information Technology Case and Application Research, 9(3): 19-30. https://doi.org/10.1080/15228053.2007.10856117
- Characteristics of cosmetic medical tourism in Korea vol.1, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.25056/JCM.2017.1.1.25