- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effects of Stressors on the Depression of Users of Individual Rehabilitation System : Focusing on the Moderating Effects of Hope
개인회생제도 이용자의 스트레스 요인이 우울에 미치는 영향 : 희망의 조절효과를 중심으로
- Jeon, Byeong-Joo (Dept. of Child welfare, Chungbuk National University)
- 전병주 (충북대학교 아동복지학과)
- Received : 2015.05.07
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.07.28
This study used 236 users of individual rehabilitation system in the regions of Daejeon, Sejong, Chungnam and Chungbuk to review the effects that stressors have on the depression. During this process, the moderating effect of the factor, 'perception of hope', was verified. The data were analyzed using PASW Statistics 18.0. Major findings are as follows; First, the depression found in study subjects was higher than average. Second, there was a significant difference in the depression across groups in accordance with age, residential area, education level, social participation. Third, factors affecting the depression were identified to be residential area, social participation, health, economy and family of stressors, hope. Fourth, hope appeared to have a moderating effect in the relation between health, economy, family of stressors and depression. Based on these findings, the study presents practical and integrated measures to deter depression users of individual rehabilitation system.
- O. H. Choi, A study on the improvement of the operation scheme in the Personal financial workout Process. Chung-Ang Law Review, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 173-211, 2013. https://doi.org/10.21759/caulaw.2013.15.4.173
- S. Y. Park, Relationships of Depression and Positive Emotions with Hope and the Mediating and Moderating Role of Family Support for People in Low-income. Korean journal of family social work, Vol. 40, pp. 189-214, 2013.
- J. Y. Park & C. S. Lee, Mediating Effect of Hope between Stress Coping and Psychological Wellbeing of Women Immigrants. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 405-412, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.1.405
- S. H. Jin & H. C. Shin, Moderating Effects of Hope on Relationships Between Stress and Depression: Focusing on the Two Factor Model of Hope. Korean Journal of Counseling, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 1519-1535, 2010. https://doi.org/10.15703/kjc.11.4.201012.1519
- S. S. Lee, Research on improvements of individual rehabilitation proceeding. Chungnam Law Review, Vol. 24, No. 2, 2103.
- W. Eation, C. Muntaner, G. Bovasso & C. Smith, Socioeconomic status and depressive syndrome. Journal of health and social behavior, Vol. 42, pp. 277-294, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3090215
- C. R. Snyder, The past possible future of hope. Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology. Vol. 19, pp. 206-228, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1521/jscp.2000.19.2.206
- L. Irving & C. Snyder, L. Gravel & N. Nelson, Hope and effectiveness of a pre-therapy orientation group for community mental health center clients. 1997.
- Anthony, D. Ong, Lisa. M. Edwards, & C. S. Bergeman, Hope as a source of resilience in later adulthood. Personality and Individual Difference, Vol. 41, No. 7, pp. 1263-1273, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2006.03.028
- I. J. Lee, The Effects of Stressors and Coping on Depression of the Oldest Old. Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 34, No. 4, pp. 264-294, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2014.34.4.264
- L. S. Radloff, The CES-D scale. Applied psychological Measurement. Vol. 1, pp. 385-401, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1177/014662167700100306
- E. Vandsburger, M. Harrigan & M. Biggerstaff, In spite of all, we make it. Journal of Family Social Work, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 17-35, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/10522150802007303
- J. M. Sung, Longitudinal Study on the Effects of Depression by Household's Economic Factors According to Income Levels. Korean journal of social welfare, Vol. 62, No. 1, pp. 109-132, 2010.
- G. H. Kim & J. H. Sung, The Study on the Mediational Effects of Hope : Focused on the Relationships between Social Support and Psychological Distress of the Low-income Single Mother, Family and culture, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 65-93, 2010. https://doi.org/10.21478/family.22.1.201003.003
- B. J. Jeon & A. K. Han, Predictors of Social Service Utilization of Elderly Using the Anderson model. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 19-27, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.8.19
- Y. J. Lee, The Effect of Information Conditions on Mental Health among Elderly. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp. 17-29, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.10.017
- B. J. Jeon, An Empirical Study on the Depression and Life Satisfaction of Elderly Women. Social Science Research, Vol. 30, No. 2, pp. 189-212, 2014.
- S. Karen, Feminist Challenges to the New Familialism: Lifestyle Experimentation and the Freedom of Intimate Association. Hypatia. Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 12-34, 1996.
- S. E. Wilks & B. Croo, Perceived stress and resilience in Alzheimer's disease caregivers. Aging & Mental Health. Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 357-365, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/13607860801933323
- Y. H. Joo & H. Y. Lee, Spatial-Temporal Diffusion of the Elderly Suicide by Gender. Korea Journal of Population Studies, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 1-23, 2014.
- J. Mirowsky & C. E. Ross, Age and depression. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, Vol. 33, pp. 187-205, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2307/2137349
- J. Y. Kim, Age and Depression in Korean Adults. Korean Journal of Health and Medical Sociology, Vol. 26 pp. 87-113, 2012.