- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Kinetic comparative analysis of tennis backhand stroke for interdisciplinary convergence research
학제간 융합연구를 위한 테니스 백핸드 스트로크 동작의 운동역학적 비교 분석
- Cha, Jung-Hoon (Dept. of Community Sport, Korea National Sport University)
- 차정훈 (한국체육대학교)
- Received : 2015.05.11
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.07.28
This study which was conducted on male tennis player on one hand(OH) & two hand(TH) backhand stroke and how both motion differed on low extremity movement with each feature analyzed in detail, the result as follow. The motion of TH based on resultant velocity, appeared to be a higher than OH, which was important variable in determining the ball speed. Contrary to TH where the player minimized the motion in the lower body and finalized a stroke through the turn of the trunk as if sticking the ball closed to the body, OH was carried out such that the player appeared to chase the ball. Whereas in OH, the knee joint extension moment was not found to be larger than TH, the opposite result came out for abduction moment and internal rotation moment. In the case of hip joint, consisted of extension, abduction and internal rotation moment, the outcome emerged to be greater for TH with conspicuous difference in abduction moment. Flection moment for TH overwhelmed in TH though both adduction and external rotation moment brought about similar outcome for both strokes.
Tennis;Backhand stroke;convergence;Knee Joint;Hip Joint;Moment
- S. H. Kang. Change in rotational motion of the shoulder and hip according to the method used for a 2-hand stroke in tennis. Korea Journal of Sport Biomechanics, Vol 21, No. 1, pp. 39-46, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2011.21.1.039
- Y. K. Kwon. Analysis of tennis game in korean woman player: the subject of investigation-professional athletes. master's thesis, Kyonggi University Graduate School. 2007.
- D. R. Na, Y. T. Kang, T. J. Park, K. E. Seo, Y. J. Kim & K. S. Lee. Racket head and COM of velocity of kinematic analysis of two-handed backhand stroke between male and female tennis player. Korea Journal of Sport Biomechanics, Vol 21, No. 41, pp. 421-427. 2011. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2011.21.4.421
- J. H. Seo & H. S. Kim. Kinematic analysis of backhand two-handed top-spin drive stroke. The Korean Society for the Study of Physical Education, Vol 7, No. 4, pp. 255-263. 2003.
- G. B. Lee, Y. S. Lee & G. C. Lee. The notational analysis of domestic man's single tennis game. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol 43, No. 3, pp. 903-911. 2004.
- J. M. Lee. Kinematic analysis of One-Handed Backhand Drive and Two-Handed Backhand Drive in female tennis player. master's thesis, Myongji University Graduate School. 1992.
- J. Y. Choi & J. M. Shin. 3-D Kinematic comparison of one hand backhand stroke and two hand backhand stroke in tennis. Korea Journal of Sport Biomechanics, Vol 15, No. 4, pp. 85-95. 2005. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2005.15.4.085
- Akutagawa, S. & Kojima, T. Trunk rotation torques through the hip joints during the one-and twohanded backhand tennis strokes. Journal of Sports Sciences, 23(8), 781-793, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1080/02640410400021609
- Groppel, J. L. High tech tennis(2nd ed). Champaign, IL: Leisure Press, 1992.
- Reid, M. & Elliott, B. The one-and two-handed backhands in tennis. Sports Biomechanics, 1, 47-68, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1080/14763140208522786
- Roetert, E. P., Brody, H., Dillman, C. J., Groppel, J. L. & Schultheis, J. M. The biomechanics of tennis elbow. Clinics in Sports Medicine, 14(1), 47-75, 1995.
- Stepien, A., Bober, T. & Zawadzki, J. The Kinematics of Trunk and Upper Extremities in One-Handed and Two-Handed Backhand Stroke. Journal of Human Kinetics, 30, 37-47, 2011.
- Winter, D. A. A new definition of mechanical work done in human movement. American physiological Society, 46(1), 79-83, 1979.
- Winter, D. A. Overall principal of lowe limb support during stance phase of gait. Journal of Biomechanics, 13, 923-927, 1980. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(80)90162-1
- Winter, D. A. Moments of force and mechanical power in jogging. Journal of Biomechanics. 16(1), 91-97, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(83)90050-7