- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Study on Positioning of Giant Characters of Sci-Fi Movies & Games in Media Convergence Ages
미디어융복합 시대에서 SF영화와 게임에 등장하는 거대캐릭터 포지셔닝 연구
- Joo, Jin-Su (Dept. of Entertainment Design, Graduate School of TechnoDesign. Kookmin University) ;
- Oh, Seung-Hwan (Dept. of Entertainment Design, Graduate School of TechnoDesign. Kookmin University)
- Received : 2015.05.06
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.07.28
Giant character used various SF movies and games in media convergence ages, and is essential for giant character in success contents. It This study defined giant character of SF movies and games, it analysed the eight of external characteristics and internal characteristics of giant character in SF movies and games. The external characteristics defined shape, silhouette, size and color, the internal characteristics defined fear, satanism, image and story focus, playfulness. Above, it was structured positioning model of giant character based eight characteristics and analyzation of example of SF movies and games. The elements of positioning model of giant characters are darkness, huge, abnormal, human, animal, fear, satanism, story focused, image focused and playfulness, and this study was proposed these model of elements of eight in SF movies and games.
Giant Character;Game Character;Character Traits;Positioning Model;Si-Fi Movie;Media Convergence
- A-Ran Woo, Comparison Study on Monster's Characteristics between Korean and American Horror Movies based on Art-Horror, Department of Media and Communication Graduate School Yeungnam University, pp.13, 2012.
- Oh Rak, Design and Development of the Monster Characters in the Online Game Monster of Legend, Graduate School, Daegu University, pp.12, 2013.
- Raptorak, Top 10 MMOs by Worldwide Reve nue for 2014, http://rpgparadise.com/games/general/top-10-mmos-by-worldwide-revenue-for-2014/, October 28, 2014.
- Gamesbeat, Report: U.S. video game sales rise in March, God of War III leads sales charts, http://venturebeat,com, April 16, 2010.
- Do-Hoon Kim, Monster Encyclopedia, http://www.cine21.com, June 24, 2006.
- Pacific Rim : Man, Macjines, and Monsters, pp.130-149, 2013.
- Hye-Young Hwang, Ji-Hong Kim, A Study on the Preference of Monster Character by Children and Young Generation in Animation, The Korea Contents Association, 2007 Spring Conference, vol. 5, No. 1, pp.3-4, 2007.
- Dae-hyun Jung, Kwang-hui Han, The Effect of Shape on Emotion, HCI Korea, HCI 2007, pp.1528, 2007.
- Dong-Hoon Han, Study on the Relativity of Game Character and Grotesque Aesthetics-focused on the MMORPG Genre-, Graduation School, Kong Ju National University, pp.19, 2009.
- In-soo Sohn, Youyeon Lee, A Study on the Reinforcement Strategy for Character used Repeated Color in Disney Animation-Among Color Contrast for Character of Good & Evil, KSDS 2002 Spring Conference, Vol. 46, pp.107, 2002.
- Eui-Jin Ahn, Why Do Viewers Fear Fictional Monsters in Horror Movies?, Korean Women's Association for Communication Studies, Media, Gender & Culture, Vol, 26, pp.43, 2013.
- Su-Hyang Kim, An Analysis of Video Game Characters Depend on Presenting Personality, Sang myung University, College of Art & Culture, pp.57, 2010.
- Ha-Young Bang, Studies on 3D Game Characterizing and design, Graduate School of Sookmyung Women's University, pp.42-47, 2007.
- Matt Burns, Charge of the Aspects, World of Warcraft Home page, Short Stories, http://kr.battle.net/wow/ko/game/lore/short-story/charge-aspects/1, 2011
- Hyung-sup Yoon, A Study on the Evaluation Model of Fun in Online Gameplay, Human Contents, Vol. 22, pp.65, 2011