- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Relationships among Happiness, Happiness promotion activities and Self-reflection in the Convergence Society
융복합 사회에서 간호학과 학생의 행복감, 행복감 증진활동 및 자기성찰의 관계
- Cho, Mee-Kyung (Department of Nursing, Health Institute of Technology)
- 조미경 (대전보건대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2015.05.23
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.07.28
This study was conducted to investigate the relationship of happiness, happiness promoting activities and self-reflection. Need of happiness is as important as right of life and freedom in the convergence society and heating up according to appearance of positive psychology. Subjects were 366 nursing students. Data were collected Oct. 2-8(2014), and analyzed using t-test/ANOVA and correlation by SPSS. Self-reflection showed statistically significant differences according to grade, and experience of practice. Happiness and happiness promotion activities showed statistically significant difference according to economic state. Happiness promotion activities were positively correlated with self-reflection and happiness. The factors affecting happiness were happiness promotion, economic state, and self-reflection which accounted for 26.3%. Repeated research which include various variables of happiness and self-reflection is needed, and suggest qualitative research about happiness.
Nursing students;Happiness;Happiness promotion activities;Self-reflection;Convergence society
Supported by : 대전보건대학교
- Kim, Y. T. Happiness Index and Social Cultural Analysis. KACE, 13(1), 23-45, 2010.
- Dalai Lama. Howard C. Cutler. (The)art of happiness in a troubled world, Seoul: Maumsup, 2012.
- Kim, Y. H. The Structural Equation Model Validation of Social Anxiety, Empathy, Social Skills, Anger-Expressive Form, Interpersonal Relationships Satisfaction Affecting the Euphoria of College Students. Unpublished master's thesis, Yeungnam University, 2012.
- Peterson, C. (A)primer in positive psychology, translater: Moon, Y. R. Kim, I. J. Back, S. Y. Seoul: Mulpure, 2010.
- Dewey, J. How we think. Boston: Health and Company, 1933. in Kim, E. M., Lee, J. Y. The mediating of ego defence mechanisms in the relationships between college students' self-reflection and self-control. Korean J. of Counseling, 14(3), 1939-1959, 2013.
- Mahoney, M. J. Psychotherapists' personal psychology. Research and Practice, 28, 14-16, 1997.
- Boyd, E. M., & Fales, A. W. Reflective learning key to learning from experience. J. of Humanistic Psychology, 23(2), 99-117, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022167883232011
- Treynor, W., Gonzalez, R., & Nolen-Hoeksema, S. Rumination Reconsidered A Psychometric Analysis, Cognitive therapy research, 27(3), 247-259, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1023910315561
- Bell, N. J., Wieling, E., & Watson, W. Self reflecting in developmental Context: Variations in Level and Patterning during the first 2 university years. The Journal of Genetic Psychology, 165(4), 451-465. 2004. https://doi.org/10.3200/GNTP.165.4.451-465
- Csank, P. A., & Conway, M. Engaging in self-reflection changes self-concept clarity: On differences between woman and men, and low-and high clarity individuals, Sex-roles, 50(7/8), 469-480, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:SERS.0000023067.77649.29
- Hwang, J. Y. The self-reflection scale development and a path model of self-reflection to well-being. Ph.D. dissertation, The Catholic University. 2011.
- Elliott, I., & Coker, S. Independent self-construal, self-reflection, and self-rumination: A path model for prediction happiness. Australian J. of Psycho, 60(3), 127-134, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/00049530701447368
- Kim, J. H. The Mediating Effects of Self-control and Health Promoting Lifestyle in the relationship between Life Stress and Adjustment to College Life among College Students. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Woman University, 2011.
- Jung, I. H., Lim, B. C. Students of factors affecting career decision level and career preparation behavior-Centering on students studying Dental Technology Daegu･Gyeongbuk area-, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 3(3). 13-19, 2012.
- Lee, S. J. Lee, Y. J. Research on the actual condition of career decision-making self-efficacy. career decision level and career preparation behavior on Department of Dental Hygiene, K university, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 3(2), 27-32, 2012.
- Trapnell, P. D., & Campbell, J. D. Private self-consciousness and the five-factor model of personality: distinguishing rumination from reflection. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 76, 289-304, 1999.
- Jung, B. M. Difference in Perception on Types and Needs of Happiness Promotion Activities by Level of Happiness of University Students, Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung Univ., 2011.
- Son, K. W. The Effects of Happiness Improvement intervention Program on Psychol ogical Happiness Feeling, Stress, Stress Coping Strategy and Emotion of University Student, The Journal of Korea Society for Wellness, 9(4), 2014.
- Lee, J. Y. The effects of social support on personal well-being and altruism, Ph.D. dissertation, Hanyang University. 2005.
- Lyubomirsky, S. How to be happy. translation, Oh, H. K, Seoul: Knomad, 2014.
- Kim, J. H. What is mindfulness? Suggestions for clinical and everyday application of mindfulness, The Korean J. of Health Psychology, 9(2), 511-538, 2004.
- Gwon, S. M. Positive psychology, Seoul: Hakjisa, 2008.
- Campbell, A. Subjective measures of wellbeing. American Psychologist, 31(2), 117-124, 1976. in Jung, S. H. A Study on the Effects of a Sense of Psychological Crisis and Self-Reflection Perceived by Middle-Aged Men on Psychological Equilibrium, Unpublished master's thesis, Kyungsung University, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.31.2.117
- Moon, S. K., Lee, M. Y., & Park, S. H. A study on the factors affecting the wellbeing of parents. Korean J. of family welfare, 12(4), 137-153, 2009.
- Lee, S. J., & Ahn, S. H. What is Happiness? A Review of the Studies on Happiness, Research Psychology, 4, 123-143, 2005.
- Hagerty, M. R., and Veenhoven, E. Wealth and Happiness Revisited: Growing wealth of nations does go with greater happiness. Social Indicators Research, 64, 1-27, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1024790530822
- Kim, M. S., & Han, Y. S. The development of happiness for korean, Survey research, 7(2), 1-38, 2006.
- Sheldon, K. M., & Kasser, T. Pursuing personal goals: skills enable progress, but not all progress is beneficial. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 24: 1319-1331, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/01461672982412006
- Richins, M. L. Social comparison, advertising, and consumer discontent. American Behavioral Scientist, 38: 593-607, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1177/0002764295038004009
- Peterson, C., & Seligman, M. E. translation: Moon Y. R, Kim, I. J, Won, H. J, Back, S. H, & Ahn, S. Y. Character Strengths and Virtues: A Handbook and Classification, Korea counselling Center, 2009.
- Kim, J. H, Hong, M. H, Jeong, M. A. Jeong. Subjective oral health awareness level and quality of life Study, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 1(1), 57-67, 2010.
- Ellison, C. G., & Levin, J. S. The religion-health connection: Evidence, theory, and future directions. Health Education & Behavior, 25(6), 700-720, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1177/109019819802500603
- Lee, J. W, Kang, K. H. Study about the relationship between self-esteem, depression and stress of students according to school system, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 5(4), 69-74, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.069
- Kim, Y. J. Type of Coping with Stress of Nursing Students, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, 5(3), 29-39, 2014.
- Sarason, B. R. Pierce, G. R. Bannerman, A. & Sarason, I.G. Investigating the Antecedents of Perceived Social Support: Parents' Views of and Behavior Toward Their Children. 65(5), 1071, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.521