- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A study of the impacts of medical institution information on daily medical expenses and medical expense reduction rate in convergence age
융복합시대에 의료기관 정보가 일당진료비와 삭감율에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Yang, Yu-Jeong (Dept. of Medicine Management, Chodang University) ;
- Lee, Hye-Seung (Dept. of Healthcare Management, Gwangju University)
- Received : 2015.05.04
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.07.28
This research grasped the difference of between the daily medical expenses and the medical expenses reduction rate also the cause of change. In the centre, it was conducted in order to offer the necessary basic data to a recuperation pay management solution's establishment. This research surveyed across the country's urban region 50-general hospital's the infective enteritis disease for a year. Then it was conducted the average daily medical expenses and the average medical expenses reduction rate as a distinguishable survey that is a hospitalization and an outpatient the result is followed. The inpatient daily medical expenses correlated with the total number of medical institution personnel, and the outpatient daily medical expenses correlated with the number of beds.. Inpatient medical expense reduction rate was correlated with number of beds and the total number of medical institution personnel. The interaction between medical institution information and daily medical expenses was found to have a positive (+) effect on the total number of medical institution personnel, as well as the numbers of inpatients vs. outpatient. This research about the medical expense reduction rate and daily medical expense help medical institution's efficient, rational decision making and it will be an important basis of a priority recuperation pay's policy.
- Jong-rok Youn, Jae-sik Jang, This Business of Medical Institutions and the Impact on Service-Oriented, Korea Journal of Business Administration, Vol.25, No.2, pp.859-878, 2012.
- Medical expenses and the contribution factor variation analysis. Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service, 2012.
- Third quarter 2013 trend analysis Health care insurance. Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service, 2014.
- Dong-hwan Kim, Hyun-jong Song, Effect of Acute Hospital and Nursing Home Supplies on Inpatient Expenditure of Long-term Care Hospitals : Implications for the Role of Long-term Care Hospital. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol.33, No.3, pp.647-659, 2013.
- Hyun-wooung Shin, Jang-ho Yoon, Hyun-jung Kim, Sol-ip Ha, Seul-gi Lee, Factors affecting the growth of healthcare costs and long-term spending-control strategies, Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, pp.100-108, 2013.
- Soon-im Huh, Soo-jung Kim, Population aging and growth of health care expenditures. Korea Social Policy Review, Vol.21, No.2, pp.9-33, 2014.
- Mun-Jae Lee, Man-Kyu Choi, Analysis of Structural Relationships among Financial Ratios of Regional Public Hospitals. Korea Journal of Business Administration, Vol.26, No.6, pp.1517-1530, 2013.
- Hyun-sook Park, The Management Factors of Medical Expenditure Reduction and Recovery of Hospital Health Insurance Department. Korea Journal of Business Administration, Vo.13, No.4, pp.46-75, 2008.
- In-Kyoung Hwang, An Analysis of Changes and Length of Stay of Frequently Claimed Inpatiten Diseases. Inje Journal, Vol.2, No.2, pp.848-859, 1995.
- Hyun-Woong Shin, Hyung-sik Ann, Chung-Sub Lee, Estimation of Social Welfare Loss Due to Small Area Variations in Health Care Utilization, Health and Social Studies, Vol.27, No.1, pp.52-80, 2007.
- Chang-ik Kwon, Jin-hyun Kim, Jun-ho Kim, Seong-hoon Lee, Social-Economic Effects of Integrating Insurance Review Systems: National Health Insurance, Automobile Insurance and Work Accident Insurance, Health and Social Sciences, vol.20, No.1, pp.105-125, 2007.
- Hyun-sook Park, Performance of Hospital Health Insurance Review Department and Related Factors Inje University, Ph. D. dissertation, 2007.
- Su-yeon Lee, The Effects of Insurance Review & Assessment Task on Managerial Performance in Hospital Organizations" Konyang University, Ph. D. dissertation, 2008.
- Choon-hee Noh, (The) effectiveness on the characteristics of health insurance reviewing in the tertiary hospitals, Yonsei University Master's dissertation, 2003.
- Woong-sub Park, Joon-suk Kim, Young-moon Chae, Chung-mo Nam, Analysis of the hospital information systems's effects on the revenue of Korean National Health Insurance. The Korea Society of Management Information Systems, Vol.2002, No.1, pp.355-363, 2002.
- Wennberg JE., & Gittelsohn A. Small area variations in health care delivery, Science, Vol.182. No.117, pp.1102-1108, 1973. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.182.4117.1102
- Wennberg JE., Freeman JL. & Culp WJ, Are hospital services rationed in New Haven of over-utilized in Boston? Lancet, Vol.1, No.8543, pp.1185-1187, 1987.
- Yun-mi Kim, A Study on the Factors of Medical Productivity in General Hospital. Seoul Health College collection of dissertations, Vol.16, No.1. pp.183-194, 1996.
- Jang-hyun Kim, (A) Trends Analysis of Finacial Statements of Korean Hospitals during the past nine years, Inje University Master's dissertation, 2003.
- Yu-Jeong Yang, Study of Management and Environmental Factors Affecting Medical Expense Reduction. Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.10, No.11, pp.493-502, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.11.493
- Kyung-yep Nam, Jae-bin Cha, Sang-yun Seo, A Study of Health Insurance Coverage Reinforcement and Its Effect on Hospital Income, Focusing on Assessment Exception of Patients with Serious Diseases. Korea Journal of Business Administration, Vol.27, No.6, pp.817-834, 2014.
- Gruber, J. & Owings. M., "Physician Financial Incentives and Cesarean Section Delivery", The RAND Journal of Economics 27, pp.99-123, 1996. https://doi.org/10.2307/2555794
- Labelle, R. Stoddart, G. Rice, T, "A Re-examination of the Meaning and Importance of Supplier-Induced Demand", Journal of Health Economics, Vol.13, No.3, pp.47-368, 1994.
- Pauly, M.V. & Satterthwaite, M.A., "The Pricing of Primary Care Physicians' Services: A Test of the Role of Consumer Information", Bell Journal of Economics 12, pp480-506, 1981.