- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Affecting factors of the Drinking Behavior of Liver Cirrhosis Patients The Aspects of Convergence of Drinking Behavior and Disease-related of factors
간경변증 환자 음주행위 관련변인 -음주행위와 질병관련 변인의 융복합 측면-
- Seo, Young-Sook (Dept. of Nursing, University of Dongguk) ;
- Do, Eun-Su (Dept. of nursing, College of Daegu Health)
- Received : 2015.05.26
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.07.28
This study was conducted to determine the affecting factors among patients with drinking behavior of liver cirrhosis. Data were collected by questionnaire from 157 patients who were diagnosed with liver cirrhosis at a tertiary hospital located in D-city. Measurements included patients' demographic characteristics, clinical characteristics, disease-related of symptom experience, emotional-factors of anxiety-depression and social-factor of social support. Data were analyzed using t-test, and logistic regression analyses. The incidence rate of drinking behavior was 31.8%. Multivariate analysis revealed that smoking(yes), men, symptom experience, social support and anxiety were more likely to report high level of drinking behavior. Future research should consider managing drinking behavior as an essential component of comprehensive care for patients with liver cirrhosis.
- J. W. Lim, S. Y. Kim, S. S. Ke, B. L. Cho, "The association chronic liver diseases with health related behaviors in south korea", Journal Family Medicine, Vol. 31, No. 4, pp. 302-307, 2010.
- C. H. Lee, "Management of liver cirrhosis", Korean Journal of Medicine, Vol. 82, No. 2, pp. 159-163, 2012. https://doi.org/10.3904/kjm.2012.82.2.159
- Korean Association for the Study of the Liver, "Practice guideline for the management of complications of liver cirrhosis", Korean Journal Hepatology, Vol. 11, No. 4, pp. 111-163, 2005.
- M. Ramstedt, "Population drinking and liver cirrhosis mortality: Is there a link in eastern Europe, Addiction, Vol. 102, No. 8, pp. 1212-1223, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1360-0443.2007.01872.x
- T. G. Kim, H. S. Min, "Factors influencing the drinking behavior of chronic liver disease", Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 7, No. 3, pp. 261-273, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2013.7.3.261
- N. Y. Kim, O. S. Kim, "Family support, alcohol consumption and drinking motives in patients with liver cirrhosis", Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 295-304, 2007.
- Y. H. Jung, S. J. Go, E. J. Kim, "A study on the effective chronic disease management", Korea institute for health and social affairs report, Seoul, 2013 November, Report No. 2013-31-19.
- J. S. Kim, H. S. Hong, Y. K. Na, "A study of fatigue, depression and sleep disorders in patients with chronic liver disease", Korean Journal of Biology Nursing Science, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 1-7, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2012.14.1.1
- National Health Insurance Corporation [NHIC], "The press release", Retrieved April 15, 2015, Health Insurance Policy Research Institute, from http://www.nhis.or.k/bbs7/boardsr/B0039/13789
- S. M. Oh, K. J. Min, D. B. Park, "A comparison of normal, depressed and anxious groups: A study on the standardization of the hospital anxiety and depressed scale for Koreans", Korean Neuro Psychiatric Association, Vol. 38, pp. 289-296, 1999.
- I. B. Wilson, P. D. Cleary, "Linking clinical variables with health-related quality of life. A conceptual model of patient outcomes", Journal of the American Medical Association, Vol. 273, No. 1, pp. 59-65, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.1995.03520250075037
- G. D. Zimet, W. Dahlem, S. G. Zimet, G. K. Farley, "The multidimensional scale of perceived social support", Journal of Personality Assessment, Vol. 52, No. 1, pp. 30-41, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa5201_2
- H. O. Bae, S. R. Suh, "Effect of structured information provided on knowledge and self care behavior of liver cirrhosis patients", Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 476-485, 2001.
- E. Kuntsche, R. Knibbe, R. Engels, G. Gmel, "Drinking motives as mediators of the link between alcohol expectancies and alcohol use among adolescents", Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, Vol. 68, No. 1, pp. 76-85, 2007. https://doi.org/10.15288/jsad.2007.68.76
- J. Y. Kim, "A comparison of social support, depression, and qualify of life in adults and elders who have undergone coronary artery bypass surgery," Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 210-219, 2014. https://doi.org/10.17079/jkgn.2014.16.3.210
- Alcohol Statistics System, http://stat.kpha.or.kr/stat/t1/stat.php?sid=7_6.
- M. H. Gang, "Influencing factors on alcohol use of persons with severe mental illness in the community", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 11, pp. 585-593, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.585
- S. Kojima, H. Ito, S. Takashimizu, H. Ichikawa, J. Nagata, T. Yazaki, H. Imai, T. Shirai, N. Watanabe, "The outcome of patients with alcoholic liver cirrhosis," Japanese Journal of alcohol studies & drug dependence, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 136-141, 2014.
- E. Y. Do, Y. R. Hong, "Factors affecting pregnant women's drinking", Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 31, No. 3, pp. 284-307, 2011. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2011.31.3.284
- M. S. Choi, M. Y. Im, Y. M. Yoon, "A predictive model comparison by sex for alcohol consumption behavior among Korea university students", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 32, No. 1, pp. 77-88, 2002. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2002.32.1.77
- B. J. Lee, J. S. Lee, "Mediating effects of alcohol-induced stress in the relation between alcohol use and depressive symptoms", Social Science Research Review Kyungsung University Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 193-212, 2007.
- J. S. Choi, "Effect of early detection of hypertension and diabetes on smoking and alcohol drinking", Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 103-130, 2007.
- S. H. Jee, H. C. Ohrr, J. W. Sull, J. M. Samet, "Cigarette smoking, alcohol drinking, hepatitis b, and risk for hepato-cellular carcinoma in korea, Journal of the National Cancer Institute", Vol. 96, No. 24, pp. 1851-1856, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djh334
- D. Cahalan, R. Roizen, R. Room, "Alcohol problem and their prevention: Public attitudes in California. In the prevention of alcohol problems; Report of a conference sacramento", California State Office of Alcoholism, pp. 354-403, 1976.
- B. L. Wood, K. B. Klebba, B. D. Miller, "Evolving the bio-behavioral family model: The fit of attachment", Family Process, Vol. 39, pp. 319-344, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1545-5300.2000.39305.x
- S. H. Kim, "Factors influencing symptom experience in patients with liver cirrhosis", Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 2498-258, 2005.
- A. S. Zigmond, R. P. Snaith, "The hospital anxiety and depression scale", Acta Psychiatr Scand, Vol. 67, No. 6, pp. 361-370, 1983. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0447.1983.tb09716.x
- Self-Care Compliance among Patients with Liver Cirrhosis: Focusing on Symptom Experiences, Perceived Health Status and Disease Status vol.25, pp.3, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7739/jkafn.2018.25.3.165