- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on Convergence National Competency Standards(NCS) Development for Medical Record Specialist
의무기록사의 융복합적 직무능력표준 개발에 관한 연구
- Choi, Eun-Mi (Dept. of Healthcare Management, Catholic Kwandong University) ;
- Lee, Hyun-Ju (Dept. of Health administration, Jungwon university) ;
- Kim, Oak-Nam (Institute for Health and Medical Information, Association for Medical Record) ;
- Choi, Youn-Hee (Dept. of Medical Administration, Dong-Eui Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2015.05.19
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.07.28
This research is aimed to develop a National competency standards(NCS) as a method of job standardization, and then to be applicated as a baseline data on overall university curriculum by using the NCS. Study period is from June 21, 2014 to November 30, 2014. To accomplish the aims, a pool of researchers and experts like as industrial site experts, education training experts, and job analysis specialists was formed. Job title to be conducted in medical record is defined as medical information management and NCS was developed through deducing 12 competency unit, 43 competency unit elementary and competency unit each career during lifelong. And finally the developed standards proposal was completed to be NCS after verification by on-the-spot specialists.
- The manual for development of National Competency Standards. Ministry of Emplpyment and labor & Human Resoureds Development Service of Korea, 2014.
- I. J. Ju, University Specialization and the application plan of Competency Standards. University specialization symposium, pp. 43-76. 2013.
- Framework Act on Qualifications(No. 10339), Article 2 (definitions). the Minister of Education & Ministry of Employment and Labor, 2010.
- The manual for development of National Competency Standards(draft). Ministry of Employment and labor & Human Resources Development Service of Korea, 2013.
- D. Y. Park, Current Promotion State and Assignment on Competence Education using National Competency Standards. Human Resources Development Service of Korea, pp. 52-53, 2013.
- J. M. Baek, Y. G. Park, An Exploratory Research into the Possibility of National Competency Standards(NCS) Introduced Into Four-Year Colleges, Employment and Career Research, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 1-19, 2012.
- O. N. Kim, National Competency Standards. Data Collection for Winter Training of Korea Medical Record History Professors Association, pp. 12-13, 2015.
- A Research into National Examination Systems for Health and Medical Manpower in Foreign Countries. National Health Personnel Licensing Examination Board, 2002.
- A Research into Schemes to Implement the Improvement of National Examination Subjects on Medical Record History. National Health Personnel Licensing Examination Board, 2008.
- 2nd Job Analysis and Research for Medical Record History. National Health Personnel Licensing Examination Board, 2012.
- Y. K. Boo, O. N. Kim, S. W. Seo, S. W. Kang, H. O. Kang, K. H. Kim, M. S. Lim, Task Analysis of the Job Description of Health Record Administration based on DACUM, The Journal of Health Information management Institute, Vol. 22, pp. 49-59, 2010.
- Y. H. Nam, H. J. Kweon, The Need for Standardization of Hospital Practicum for Students majoring in Public Health Administration. The Journal of Health Information management Institute, Vol. 21, pp. 17-22, 2010.
- H. S. Kim, H. L. Kim, The Application of core skill-Tip to Tumor registry course. The Journal of Health Information management Institute, Vol. 20, pp. 65-90, 2009.
- J. DeOnna, DACUM : A versatile competency-based framework for staff development, Journal for Nurses in Professional Development, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 5-13, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1053/jpnu.2002.30893
- DACUM Archive and Resource. accessed at http://www.dacum.org/
- Korean Medical Records Association. accessed at http://www.kmra.or.kr/
- Canadian Health Information Management Association accessed at https://www.echima.ca/
- American Health Information Management Association accessed at http://www.ahima.org/
- Health Information Management Association of Australia accessed at http://himaa.org.au/
- Approval of NCS Final Review Council. Human Resoureds Development Service of Korea, 2014
- M. Y. Jung, H. S. Kim, K. N. Kim, A Study on the Job Description of Medical Record Administrator in Busan and Gyeongnam, The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 1-72, 2012. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2012.6.4.001
- J. H. Hong. Medical Record Information management 7th ed Komun publishing Co. p.22-23, 2013.
- A study on the Participation Motivation of Clinical Nurses in Job Training vol.14, pp.8, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.8.319
- Professional Job Perception and Its Related Factors among Medical Recorders engaged in General Hospitals vol.14, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.1.229