- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Understanding Korean College Students' Social Commerce Behavior through an Integrated Model of Technology Readiness, Technology Acceptance Model, and Theory of Planned Behavior
한국 대학생의 소셜 커머스 행동의 이해: 기술준비도, 기술수용모형 및 계획된 행동이론의 통합모형을 중심으로
- Joo, Ji Hyuk (Depart. of Journalism & Communication, Far East University / School of Communication, Northern Arizona University)
- 주지혁 (극동대학교 언론홍보학과, 노던아리조나대학교 커뮤니케이션학부)
- Received : 2015.05.17
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.07.28
When new information communication technologies(ICTs) have appeared, researchers and praticitioners have explored how to spread the technologies. In e-commerce, social commerce has been introduced recently and attempts to understand social commerce have proposed diverse research models. This study proposed a hypothetical model which integrates technology readiness(TR), technology acceptance model(TAM), and theory of planned behavior(TPB). Through PLS path modeling, we found that every hypothesis except social norm-intention path alone proved significant. This result means that integrated model is useful to understand the adoption of new ICTs including social commerce. Finally, based on the findings, suggestions for future research were discussed.
- P.-L. The, P. K. Ahmed, "MOA and TRA in social commerce: An integrated model," in Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM), 2011 IEEE International Conference, pp. 1375-1379, 2011.
- M. Khalifa, S. Cheng, "Adoption of mobile commerce: role of exposure," in 2013 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Vol. 1, pp. 46-46, 2002.
- M. Hajli, "An integrated model for e-commerce adoption at the customer level with the impact of social commerce," International Journal of Information and Management (IJISM), Vol. 16, No. Special Issue (ECDC 2012), pp. 77-97, 2012.
- M. Hajli, "A research framework for social commerce adoption," Information Management & Computer Security, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 144-154, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1108/IMCS-04-2012-0024
- J. Joo, "Exploring Korean Collegians' Social Commerce Usage: Extending Technology Acceptance Model with Word-of-Mouth and Perceived Enjoyment," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 8, pp. 147-155, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.8.147
- J. Joo, "Extending Technology Acceptance Model with Social Influence on Korean College Students' Social Commerce Context," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 107-115, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.3.107
- R. Walczuch, J. Lemmink, S. Streukens, "The effect of service employees' technology readiness on technology acceptance," Information & Management, Vol. 44, No. 2, pp. 206-215, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2006.12.005
- M. Rogers Everett, Diffusion of innovations. New York, NY: Free Press, 1995.
- A. Parasuraman, "Technology Readiness Index (TRI) a multiple-item scale to measure readiness to embrace new technologies," Journal of service research, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 307-320, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/109467050024001
- R. Agarwal, E. Karahanna, "Time flies when you're having fun: Cognitive absorption and beliefs about information technology usage," MIS quarterly, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 665-694, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250951
- R. Agarwal, J. Prasad, "A conceptual and operational definition of personal innovativeness in the domain of information technology," Information systems research, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 204-215, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.9.2.204
- E. Karahanna, D. W. Straub, N. L. Chervany, "Information technology adoption across time: a cross-sectional comparison of pre-adoption and post-adoption beliefs," MIS quarterly, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 183-213, 1999. https://doi.org/10.2307/249751
- J.-C. Oh, "Factors influencing acceptance of E-government self service technology," The e-Business Studies, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 441-462, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.13.1.201203.441
- F. D. Davis, "Perceived usefulness, perceived ease of use, and user acceptance of information technology," MIS quarterly, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 319 -340, 1989. https://doi.org/10.2307/249008
- M. T. Dishaw, D. M. Strong, "Extending the technology acceptance model with task-technology fit constructs," Information & Management, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 9-21, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0378-7206(98)00101-3
- J. Joo, Y. Sang, "Exploring Koreans' smartphone usage: An integrated model of the technology acceptance model and uses and gratifications theory," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol. 29, No. 6, pp. 2512-2518, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2013.06.002
- N. Park, "Adoption and Use of Computer-Based Voice Over Internet Protocol Phone Service Toward an Integrated Model," Journal of Communication, Vol. 60, No. 1, pp. 40-72, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.2009.01440.x
- I. Ajzen, "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Vol. 50, No. 2, pp. 179-211, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- I. Ajzen, M. Fishbein, Belief, attitude, intention and behavior: An introduction to theory and research. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1975.
- T. J. Madden, P. S. Ellen, I. Ajzen, "A comparison of the theory of planned behavior and the theory of reasoned action," Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 3-9, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1177/0146167292181001
- A. Bhattacherjee, "Acceptance of e-commerce services: the case of electronic brokerages," IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics-Part A: Systems and Humans, Vol. 30, No. 4, pp. 411-420, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/3468.852435
- D. Gefen, D. W. Straub, "Consumer trust in B2C e-Commerce and the importance of social presence: experiments in e-Products and e-Services," Omega, Vol. 32, No. 6, pp. 407-424, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.omega.2004.01.006
- D. Gefen, D. Straub, M.-C. Boudreau, "Structural equation modeling and regression: Guidelines for research practice," Communications of the Association for Information Systems, Vol. 4, No. 1, p. 7, 2000.
- W. W. Chin, "Commentary: Issues and opinion on structural equation modeling," MIS Quarterly, Vol. 22, No. 14, pp. vii-xvi, 1998.
- C. M. Ringle, S. Wende, A. Will, SmartPLS. 2005.
- W. W. Chin, A. Gopal, W. D. Salisbury, "Advancing the theory of adaptive structuration: The development of a scale to measure faithfulness of appropriation," Information Systems Research, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 342-367, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.8.4.342
- B. H. Wixom, H. J. Watson, "An empirical investigation of the factors affecting data warehousing success," MIS quarterly, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 17-41, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250957
- D. Gefen, D. Straub, "A practical guide to factorial validity using PLS-Graph: Tutorial and annotated example," Communications of the Association for Information systems, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 91-109, 2005.
- P. Chwelos, I. Benbasat, A. S. Dexter, "Research report: Empirical test of an EDI adoption model," Information systems research, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 304-321, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.12.3.304.9708
- J. Joo, "Comparison on predictive model of intention to use smartphones through iphone user: Centered on TAM, TPB, & integrated model," Journal of Digital Policy and Management, Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 89-97, 2013.
- P. W. Schultz, J. M. Nolan, R. B. Cialdini, N. J. Goldstein, V. Griskevicius, "The constructive, destructive, and reconstructive power of social norms," Psychological Science, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 429-434, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9280.2007.01917.x
- F. D. Davis, "A technology acceptance model for empirically testing new end-user information systems: Theory and results," Ph.D. dissertation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1986.
- P. Sheeran, C. Abraham, S. Orbell, "Psychosocial correlates of heterosexual condom use: a meta-analysis," Psychological Bulletin, Vol. 125, No. 1, pp. 90-132, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.125.1.90
- R. B. Cialdini, R. R. Reno, C. A. Kallgren, "A focus theory of normative conduct: recycling the concept of norms to reduce littering in public places," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 58, No. 6, pp. 1015-1026, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.525