- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
Effects of Smart-Work IT-Resources on the Work Efficiency and Corporate Performance in Service Industry
서비스 산업에서 스마트워크 IT자원이 업무효율성과 기업성과에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Min-Woo (Dept. of Business Administration, Graduate School, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Seung-Chul (School of Business, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2015.05.11
- Accepted : 2015.07.16
- Published : 2015.07.28
With advances in IT Smart-Work is emerging as a new way of conducting business and several companies are considering to introduce the Smart-Work digital convergence technology. In this paper, we examined the effects of the Smart-Work IT resources on the work efficiency and the corporate performances in service industry by applying the Resource-Based View. The results of the structural equation modelling analysis showed that Smart-Work IT infrastructure and individual IT skills had positive influence on individual work efficiency while business application software and IT skills affected team work efficiency. Also, we confirmed that individual and team work efficiency positively affect financial and market performance of business firms. With the findings of the study, we expect that the introduction of Smart-Work would have positive effect, at least in service industry, on work efficiency and corporate performance, which will in turn lead to gaining competitive advantage for those firms adopting Smart-Work.
- H. S. Han. J. A. Woo, "Exploration of Smart Work Benefits from the Perspectives of Individual, Firm, and Social Support", Journal of Korea IT Service, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp.147-167, 2012. https://doi.org/10.9716/KITS.2012.11.2.147
- H. J. Lee, "The public sector Smart Work Implementation Status and Issues", National Information Society Agency, pp.1-18, 2010.
- S. H. Lee. H. O. Do. G. D. Seo, "A Study on Management Plans for Activating of Smart Work", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp.245-252, 2011.
- J. Y. Choi. N. Y. Lee. J. B. Kim, "Research of Smart work promote domestic and international trends related for innovative working method", Korea Information Processing Society, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp.18-24, 2011.
- Yeon-Gu Kang, "A Study on the strategies for vitalizing the smart work in corporations", Master's Thesis, University of Incheon, 2013.
- Sang-Su Kim, "A Study on the promoting plan of smart management innovation for the realization of smart work", Master's Thesis, Korea University, 2012.
- E. T. Penrose, "The Theory of the Growth of the Firm", NY: Oxford University Press, 1959.
- B. Wernerfelt, "A resource-based view of the firm.", Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp.171-180, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250050207
- J. Barney, "Firm Resources and Sustained Competitive Advantage", Journal of Management, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp.99-120, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1177/014920639101700108
- N. Melville. K. Kraemer. V. Gurbaxani, "Review: Information technology and organizational performance: An integrative model of IT business value", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 28, No. 2, pp.283-322, 2004. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148636
- Jin-Sun Ryu, "A Study on the effect management of human resource in Hotel", Master's Thesis, Kyonggi University, 1999.
- M. H Jo. J. S Choi, "IT resources and perceived organizational efficiency among non-profit social service organizations", Journal of Social Welfare Administration, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp.113-138, 2012.
- A. Yusuf. K. Saffu, "Planning practices, strategy types and firm performance in the Arabian Gulf region", Education Business and Society, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp.203-217, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1108/17537980910981778
- A. Bharadwaj, "A resource-based perspective on information technology capability and firm performance: An empirical investigation", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 24, No. 1, pp.169-196, 2000. https://doi.org/10.2307/3250983
- F. J. Mata. W. L. Fuerst. J. Barney, "Information technology and sustained competitive advantage: A resource-based analysis", MIS Quarterly, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp.487-505, 1995 https://doi.org/10.2307/249630
- T. S. H. Teo. C. Ranganathan, "Leveraging IT resources and capabilities at the housing and development board", Journal of Strategic Information Systems, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp.229-249, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsis.2003.09.002