- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Influence of Job-Embeddedness to Innovation Behavior in the convergence age
융·복합 시대의 직무 임베디드니스가 혁신행동에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구 - 직무의미성의 조절효과를 중심으로 -
- So, Byung-Sam (Dept. of Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Lee, Sun-Kyu (Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Kang, Eun-Gu (Dept. of Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Kim, Yuen-Kyu (Dept. of Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Ku, Seong-Deug (Dept. of Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology) ;
- Choi, Byung-Chul (Dept. of Business School, Kumoh National Institute of Technology)
- 소병삼 (금오공대 경영학과) ;
- 이선규 (금오공대 경영학과) ;
- 강은구 (금오공대 경영학과) ;
- 김연규 (금오공대 경영학과) ;
- 구성득 (금오공대 경영학과) ;
- 최병철 (금오공대 경영학과)
- Received : 2015.04.09
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.07.28
Recently corporations are faced with the age of convergence technology, so manny corporations recognize the importance of human resources. Therefore, the organization has attracted and remained the necessary human resources to continued growth. Accordingly, This study investigated the impacts of Job embeddedness on Innovation Behavior. In addition, examined the moderating effects of Job Meaning. As a result, Job Embeddedness positively affected to Innovation Behavior, the moderating effect of Job meaning had significant effected. This research provides; 1) When the relationship is maintained stably, the organization's innovation is promoted. 2) Job meaning with individuals can enhance the innovation.
Job Embeddedness;Innovation Behavior;Job Meaning;Job Characteristic;Job of Convergence Age
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- Hackman, J. R., & Oldham, G. R., Work redesign. Reading, MA: Addison-Wesley, 1980.
- M. W. Choi, A Study on Effect of Mentoring on Organizational Commitment Moderated by Job Characteristics, M. S. Dankook university, 2005..
- Dicken, P., "Global-local tensions: firms and states in the global space-economy", Reading Economic Geography, pp. 137, 2008..
- Mitchell, T. R., Holtom, B., Lee, T. W. & Erez, M., "Why people stay: Using job embeddedness to predict voluntary turnover", Academy of management journal, Vol. 44, No. 6, pp. 1102-1121, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3069391
- Scott, S. G. & Bruce, R. A., "Determinants of innovative behavior: a path model of individual innovation in the workplace", Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 37, No. 3, pp. 580-607, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/256701
- Sims, H. P., Szilagyi, A. D., & Keller, R. T., The measurement of job characteristics. Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 19, pp. 195-212, 1976. https://doi.org/10.2307/255772
- Lee. S. K., D. G, Choi., E. U. Kang., & S. W. Lee., "A Study on the Influence of Dimensions of Learning Organization to Job Satisfaction : Mediating Effect of Job Embeddedness", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 11, No. 12, 2013
- Hom, P. W. & R. W. Griffeth., Employee Turnover. Cincinnati, OH: South/Western, 1995.
- Griffeth, R. W., Hom, P. W., & Gaertner, S., "A meta-analysis of antecedents and correlates of employee turnover: Update, moderator tests, and research implications for the next millennium", Journal of Management, Vol. 26, pp. 463-488, 2000.
- K. D. Park, "The Relationship among Job Embeddedness, Job Burnout and Customer Orientation : focusing on moderating effect of quality of LMX", Ph.D, Kyungi University, 2012.
- Lee, T. W., Mitchell, T. R., Sablynski, C. J., Burton, J. P. & Hottom, B. C., "The effect of job embeddedness on organizational citizenship, job performance, volitional absences and voluntary turnover", Academy of management journal, Vol. 47, No. 5, pp. 711-722, 2004. https://doi.org/10.2307/20159613
- Lev, S. & Koslowsky, M., "On-the-job embeddedness as a mediator between conscientiousness and school teachers' contextual performance", European Journal of Work and Organizational Psychology, Vol. 21, NO. 1, pp. 57-83, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/1359432X.2010.535656
- S. K, Lee. W. H. Lee "A Study on the Effect of Job Embeddedness on Organizational Citizenship Behavior and Job Performance", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol, 6, No. 2, pp. 107-115 2008.
- B. S. Song, "Mediators Effect of Creativity between Job Characteristics and Innovation Behavior", Korea Journal of Business Administration, Vol, 18, No. 4, pp. 1483-1503, 2005.
- Hackman, J. R., & Oldham, G. R., "Motivation through the design of work: Test of a theory", Organizational Behavior and Human Performance, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 250-279, 1976. https://doi.org/10.1016/0030-5073(76)90016-7
- Y. J. Nam, "A Study on the Relationships between Empowering Leadership, Job Satisfaction, Innovative Behavior and Job Embeddedness : Focusing on Mediating Effects of Job Meaning and Procedural Justice", Ph. D, Kumoh National Institute of Technology, 2012.
- Mitchell, T. R., Holtom, B., Lee, T. W. & Erez, M., "Why people stay: Using Job Embeddedness to predict voluntary turnover", Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 44, No. 6, pp. 1102-1121, 2001. https://doi.org/10.2307/3069391
- Holtom, B. C. & Inderrieden, E. J., "Integrating the Unfolding Model and Job Embeddedness Model to Better Understand Voluntary Turnover", Journal of managerial issues, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 435-452, 2006.
- Mallol, C M., Holtom, B. C., & Lee, T. W., "Job embeddedness in a culturally diverse environment", Journal of Business and Psychology, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 35-44, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10869-007-9045-x
- Morrison E. W & Phelps C. C., "Taking charge at work: Extrarole efforts to initiate workplace change", Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 42, No.4, pp.403-419, 1999. https://doi.org/10.2307/257011
- Felps, W., Mitchell, T., Hekman, D., Lee, T., Holtom, B. C., & Harman, W., "Turnover contagion: how coworkers' job embeddedness and job search behaviors influence quitting", Academy of Management Journal, Vol. 52, No. 3, pp. 545-561, 2009. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMJ.2009.41331075
- Schneider, B., Goldstein, H. W. & Smith, D. B., "The ASA framework: An update", Personnel Psychology, Vol. 48, NO. 4, pp. 747-773, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-6570.1995.tb01780.x
- Brooks C. Holtom, Terence R. Mitchell, & Thomas W. Lee., "Increasing human and social capital by applying job embeddedness theory", Organizational Dynamics, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp.316-331, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.orgdyn.2006.08.007
- H. L. Eun, "(A)study on voluntary turnover of college graduates with early careers", M. S, Chung-Ang University., 2013.
- A Sagie, A Birati, & A Tziner, "Assessing the costs of behavioral and psychological withdrawal: A new model and an empirical illustration", Applied Psychology, Vol.51, No.1, pp.67-89, 2002 https://doi.org/10.1111/1464-0597.00079
- Abbasi, S. M. & K. W. Hollman, "Turnover: The Real Bottom Line", Public Personnel Management, Vol.29, No.3, pp.333, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1177/009102600002900303