- Volume 13 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
A study about a convergence development plan of MOOCs based e-learning in university
MOOCs에 기반한 대학이러닝의 융복합적 발전방안에 관한 연구
- Choi, Mi-Na (Dept. of teaching profession, Cheongju University) ;
- Roh, Hye-Lan (Dept. of education, Seowon University)
- Received : 2015.05.06
- Accepted : 2015.07.20
- Published : 2015.07.28
Nowadays, within the paradigm shift of e-learning, MOOCs service has been expanded among a number of global leading universities and this has affected our domestic universities' e-learning to look for different possibilities and new challenges. In consideration of our domestic educational condition, it is required to contemplate how university e-learning can be changed and developed with focus on MOOCs from the perspective of convergence development. This study suggests plans for convergence development in university e-learning based on MOOCs with conceptual model. We conducted the studies on relevant literature of university e-learning and MOOCs, expert consultation, SWOT analysis, survey for those involved of e-learning centers, etc. Through this process, we developed a final plan which integrates 'open advanced education course service', 'teaching and learning curation service', 'teaching and learning practice service', 'creative teaching and instruction method development and sharing service', and 'cloud based educational platform support service', etc with the perspective of convergence development. Also we designed convergence development plan based on MOOCs. It is assumed that the result of this research provides advanced plans for development of university e-learning and the base for further discussion of introduction and application of MOOCs service in domestic university.
- DOI: http://www.emarketer.com/Article/Smartphone-Users-Worldwide-Will-Total-175-Billion-2014/1010536#sthash.8O5Cy1HS.dpuf
- KISDI, 2013/ 2014 ICT main issues and prospect, KISDI premium report, p.14-01, 2014.
- Bersin, J., Formalize informal learning: how to institutionalize the "informal" into your corporate learning program, Bersin & Associates, pp.1-49, 2009.
- DOI: http://www.elearnspace.org/Articles/MOOC_Final.pdf
- Creed-Dikeogu, G. & Clark, C., Are you MOOC-ing? A review for academic libraries, CULS Proceedings, Vol 3, 2013.
- Dikran, K, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) at elite, early-adopter universities: Goals, progress, and value proposition, Unpublished Ph D. dissertation, University of Pennsylvania, 2014.
- Daniel, J., Making Sense of MOOCs : Musings in a Maze of Myth, Paradox and Possibility, Journal of Lifelong education, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp257-284, 2012.
- Lim, K., Kim, J, Park, Y., A new trend of MOOCs and their application strategies with SWOT analysis in Korean environments, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 6., 2014.
- Wikipedia, Massive open online course, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MOOC (September 27, 2014)
- Martin, F. G., Education: will massive open online courses change how we teach?, Communications of the ACM, Vol. 55, No. 8, pp26-2, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1145/2240236.2240246
- Kop, R., Fournier, H., & Mak, J., A pedagogy of abundance or a pedagogy to support human beings? Participant support on massive open online courses, The International Review of Research in Open & Distance Learning, Vol. 12, No. 7. pp. 74-93, 2011.
- DOI: http://www.smarthighered.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/MOOCs-and-Open-Education.pdf
- DOI: http://larrycuban.wordpress.com/2013/02/13/moocs-and-pedagogy-part-2
- DOI: http://publications.cetis.ac.uk/2014/898
- H. K. Kim, Digital curation framework research for analyzing issues based on big-data, Unpublished Master's thesis, University of Chung-Ang, 2014.
- Rosinbaum, S., Curation Nation: How to Win in a World Where Consumers are Creators, McGraw-Hill, 2011.
- DOI: http://www.dcc.ac.uk/digital-curation/what-digital-curation
- DOI: http://www.cedma-europe.org/newsletter%20articles/Training%20Magazine/A%20New%20Role%20for%20Trainers%20-%20Learning%20Content%20Curator%20(Feb%2012).pdf
- Creamer, A.T., Morales, M.E., Kafel, D., Crespo, J., and Martin, E., An assessment of needed competencies to promote the data curation and management libertarianship of health sciences and science and technology librarians in New England, Journal of eScience Librarianship, Vol. 1, No. 1, 2012.
- KOCCA, Cultual & Technology depth report, Korea Creative Content Agency, 2012.
- Ministry of Education, KERIS, A action plan for SMART education strategies, 2011.
- K. S. Chung, J. G. Shon, The newest overseas trend analysis and main implications of a digital textbook, Korea Education And Research Information Service, RM 2009-37, 2009.
- J. K. Kim, Developing a Digital Textbook Strategy for University Education, Journal of Computer aided publishing, Vol. 2, pp. 21-27, 2013.
- S. K. Lee, Y. H. Oh, S. Y. Byun, A Study on a test run for the smart learning by promoting and effective application, Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training, 2013.
- D. Y. Lee, Research on Developing Instructional Design Models for Flipped Learning, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 12, pp. 83-92, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.83
- DOI: http://www.flippedlearning.org/cms/lib07/VA01923112/Centricity/Domain/41/LitReview_FlippedLearning.pdf
- DOI: http://www.astd.org/Publications/Blogs/ASTD-Blog/2012/04/Organizations-That-Excel-at-Social-and-Informal-Learning-Outperform-Their-Peers.
- Rosenberg, M. J., Beyond e-learning: Approaches and Technologies to Enhance Organizational Knowledge, Learning, and Performance. San Francisco, CA, Pfeiffer, 2006.
- M. N. Choi, The case study on the process of creating and cultivating communities of practice led by HRD department, Unpublished Ph D. dissertation, University of Han Yang, 2003.
- Y. B. Choi, [Personal Management contribution, April] Informal Learning. Blog, http://blog.naver.com/choibrian/120105075015 (September 28 2014)\
- A collaborative recommender system for learning courses considering the relevance of a learner’s learning skills vol.19, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10586-016-0670-x
- Performance and characteristic analysis of maximal frequent pattern mining methods using additional factors 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00500-017-2820-3
- Analyzing of incremental high utility pattern mining based on tree structures vol.7, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1186/s13673-017-0112-7