- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Correlation between the Pressure Oscillation of Combustion Chamber and Thrust Response in a 70 N-class Hydrazine Thruster
70 N급 하이드라진 추력기의 연소실 압력진동 강도와 추력 응답특성의 상관관계
- Jung, Hun (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Graduate School, Pukyong National University) ;
- Kim, Jeong Soo (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Pukyong National University)
- Received : 2015.04.11
- Accepted : 2015.05.13
- Published : 2015.06.01
A ground hot-firing test(HFT) was accomplished to draw a correlation between the pressure oscillation intensity of combustion chamber and thrust response characteristics in a 70 N-class hydrazine thruster which has been developed recently. Monopropellant grade hydrazine was adopted as a propellant for the HFT, and combustion-chamber characteristic length, propellant injection pressure were applied as test parameters. It was confirmed that the decrease of thrust-chamber diameter and injection pressure augmented the pressure oscillation of stagnation chamber in the test condition specified, and the oscillation hampered the pulse response performance of test models.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Jung, H., Kim, J.H. and Kim, J.S., "Test and Evaluation of a 70 N-class Hydrazine Thruster for Application to the Precise Attitude Control of Space Vehicles," 49th Joint Propulsion Conference, San Jose, CA, USA, AIAA 2013-3987, Jul. 2013.
- Kim, J.H., Jung, H. and Kim, J.S., "Pulse-mode Performance Characteristics of a Small Liquid-monopropellant Rocket Engine," 5th European Conference for Aeronautics and Space Sciences, Munich, Germany, A376, Jul. 2013.
- Kim, J.H., Jung, H. and Kim, J.S., "Test and Evaluation for the Configuration Optimization of Thrust Chamber in 70 N-class N2H4 Thruster - Part I: Pulse-mode Performance According to the Chamber Diameter Variation," Journal of the Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 42-49, 2014.
- Jung, H., Kim, J.H. and Kim, J.S., "Test and Evaluation for the Configuration Optimization of Thrust Chamber in 70 N-class N2H4 Thruster - Part II: Pulse-mode Performance According to the Chamber Length Variation," Journal of the Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 50-57, 2014. https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2014.18.1.050
- Sutton, G.P. and Biblarz, O., Rocket Propulsion Elements, 7th Ed., John Wiley & Sons Inc., New York, NY, USA, pp. 282-308, 2001.
- Price, T.W. and Evans, D.D., "The Status of Monopropellant Hydrazine Technology," NASA Technical Report 32-1227, 1968.
- Harrje, D.T. and Reardon, F.H., "Liquid Propellant Rocket Combustion Instability," NASA SP-194, 1972.
- Jung, H., Kim, J.H. and Kim, J.S., "Characteristics of the Pressure Instability in a Hydrazine Thruster with Various Length-to-Diameter Ratio of Catalyst-bed," Journal of the Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 19-26, 2014. https://doi.org/10.6108/KSPE.2014.18.6.019
- DOD(USA), "Performance Specification (Propellant, Hydrazine)," MIL-PRF-26536F, 2011.
- Gordon, S. and McBride, B.J., "Computer Program for Calculation of Complex Chemical Equilibrium Compositions and Applications," NASA RP-1311, 1994.
- Jeon, S., Kim, J. and Choi, H., "Development of a Thrust Measurement System," Proceedings of World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, No. 63, pp. 494-498, 2012.
- Kim, J.S., Jung, H., Kam, H.D., Seo, H.S. and Su, H., "A Development of the Thrusters for Space-Vehicle Maneuver/ACS and Their Application to Launch Vehicles," Journal of the Korean Society of Propulsion Engineers, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp. 103-120, 2010.
- Sutton, G.P., History of Liquid Propellant Rocket Engines, AIAA Reston, VA, USA, 2006.