- Volume 9 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
The interaction of Apolipoprotein A5 gene promoter region T-1131C polymorphism (rs12286037) and lifestyle modification on plasma triglyceride levels in Japanese
- Yamasaki, Masayuki (Department of Environmental and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Shimane University) ;
- Mutombo, Paulin Beya wa Bitadi (Department of Nutrition, School of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Kinshasa) ;
- Iwamoto, Mamiko (Department of Environmental and Preventive Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Shimane University) ;
- Nogi, Akiko (Department of Human Nutrition, Faculty of Nursing and Human Nutrition, Yamaguchi Prefectural University) ;
- Hashimoto, Michio (Department of Environmental Physiology, Faculty of Medicine, Shimane University) ;
- Nabika, Toru (Department of Functional Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, Shimane University) ;
- Shiwaku, Kuninori (Shimane University)
- Received : 2014.09.15
- Accepted : 2014.12.14
- Published : 2015.08.01
BACKGROUND/OBJECTIVE: Apolipoprotein A5 gene promoter region T-1131C polymorphism (APOA5 T-1131C) is known to be associated with elevated plasma TG levels, although little is known of the influence of the interaction between APOA5 T-1131C and lifestyle modification on TG levels. To investigate this matter, we studied APOA5 T-1131C and plasma TG levels of subjects participating in a three-month lifestyle modification program. SUBJECTS/METHODS: A three-month lifestyle modification program was conducted with 297 participants (Age:
Supported by : Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology
- Ho JS, Cannaday JJ, Barlow CE, Mitchell TL, Cooper KH, FitzGerald SJ. Relation of the number of metabolic syndrome risk factors with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality. Am J Cardiol 2008;102: 689-92. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.amjcard.2008.05.010
- Patel A, Barzi F, Jamrozik K, Lam TH, Ueshima H, Whitlock G, Woodward M; Asia Pacific Cohort Studies Collaboration. Serum triglycerides as a risk factor for cardiovascular diseases in the Asia-Pacific region. Circulation 2004;110:2678-86. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.0000145615.33955.83
- Sarwar N, Danesh J, Eiriksdottir G, Sigurdsson G, Wareham N, Bingham S, Boekholdt SM, Khaw KT, Gudnason V. Triglycerides and the risk of coronary heart disease: 10,158 incident cases among 262,525 participants in 29 Western prospective studies. Circulation 2007;115:450-8. https://doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.106.637793
- Yuan G, Al-Shali KZ, Hegele RA. Hypertriglyceridemia: its etiology, effects and treatment. CMAJ 2007;176:1113-20. https://doi.org/10.1503/cmaj.060963
- Shiwaku K, Hashimoto M, Kitajima K, Nogi A, Anuurad E, Enkhmaa B, Kim JM, Kim IS, Lee SK, Oyunsuren T, Shido O, Yamane Y. Triglyceride levels are ethnic-specifically associated with an index of stearoyl-CoA desaturase activity and n-3 PUFA levels in Asians. J Lipid Res 2004;45:914-22. https://doi.org/10.1194/jlr.M300483-JLR200
- Parzianello L, Parzianello NA, Coelho JC. Increased triglyceride levels in a Japanese population living in southern Brazil. Arch Med Res 2005;36:59-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arcmed.2004.11.004
- Ordovas JM. Gene-diet interaction and plasma lipid responses to dietary intervention. Biochem Soc Trans 2002;30:68-73. https://doi.org/10.1042/bst0300068
- Willer CJ, Sanna S, Jackson AU, Scuteri A, Bonnycastle LL, Clarke R, Heath SC, Timpson NJ, Najjar SS, Stringham HM, Strait J, Duren WL, Maschio A, Busonero F, Mulas A, Albai G, Swift AJ, Morken MA, Narisu N, Bennett D, Parish S, Shen H, Galan P, Meneton P, Hercberg S, Zelenika D, Chen WM, Li Y, Scott LJ, Scheet PA, Sundvall J, Watanabe RM, Nagaraja R, Ebrahim S, Lawlor DA, Ben-Shlomo Y, Davey-Smith G, Shuldiner AR, Collins R, Bergman RN, Uda M, Tuomilehto J, Cao A, Collins FS, Lakatta E, Lathrop GM, Boehnke M, Schlessinger D, Mohlke KL, Abecasis GR. Newly identified loci that influence lipid concentrations and risk of coronary artery disease. Nat Genet 2008;40:161-9. https://doi.org/10.1038/ng.76
- Kathiresan S, Melander O, Guiducci C, Surti A, Burtt NP, Rieder MJ, Cooper GM, Roos C, Voight BF, Havulinna AS, Wahlstrand B, Hedner T, Corella D, Tai ES, Ordovas JM, Berglund G, Vartiainen E, Jousilahti P, Hedblad B, Taskinen MR, Newton-Cheh C, Salomaa V, Peltonen L, Groop L, Altshuler DM, Orho-Melander M. Six new loci associated with blood low-density lipoprotein cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein cholesterol or triglycerides in humans. Nat Genet 2008;40: 189-97. https://doi.org/10.1038/ng.75
- Maraki M, Sidossis LS. Effects of energy balance on postprandial triacylglycerol metabolism. Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 2010;13: 608-17. https://doi.org/10.1097/MCO.0b013e32833f1aae
- Perez-Martinez P, Lopez-Miranda J, Perez-Jimenez F, Ordovas JM. Influence of genetic factors in the modulation of postprandial lipemia. Atheroscler Suppl 2008;9:49-55.
- Kolovou GD, Kostakou PM, Anagnostopoulou KK. Familial hypercholesterolemia and triglyceride metabolism. Int J Cardiol 2011;147: 349-58. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2010.08.009
- Tamasawa N, Murakami H, Yamato K, Matsui J, Tanabe J, Suda T. Influence of apolipoprotein E genotype on the response to caloric restriction in type 2 diabetic patients with hyperlipidaemia. Diabetes Obes Metab 2003;5:345-8. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1463-1326.2003.00286.x
- Ordovas JM, Tai ES. Why study gene-environment interactions? Curr Opin Lipidol 2008;19:158-67. https://doi.org/10.1097/MOL.0b013e3282f6a809
- Nabika T, Nasreen S, Kobayashi S, Masuda J. The genetic effect of the apoprotein AV gene on the serum triglyceride level in Japanese. Atherosclerosis 2002;165:201-4. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0021-9150(02)00252-6
- Wong K, Ryan RO. Characterization of apolipoprotein A-V structure and mode of plasma triacylglycerol regulation. Curr Opin Lipidol 2007;18:319-24. https://doi.org/10.1097/MOL.0b013e328133856c
- Aberle J, Evans D, Beil FU, Seedorf U. A polymorphism in the apolipoprotein A5 gene is associated with weight loss after short-term diet. Clin Genet 2005;68:152-4. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1399-0004.2005.00463.x
- McCormack G, Giles-Corti B, Lange A, Smith T, Martin K, Pikora TJ. An update of recent evidence of the relationship between objective and self-report measures of the physical environment and physical activity behaviours. J Sci Med Sport 2004;7:81-92.
- Resources Council of the Science and Technology Agency of Japan. Standard Tables of Food Composition in Japan. 5th rev. Tokyo: Resources Council of the Science and Technology Agency of Japan; 2000.
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (JP). Exercise and Physical Activity Guide for Health Promotion 2006: To Prevent Lifestyle-Related Diseases. Tokyo; Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare; 2006.
- VINE Corp. (KR). The Instruction Manual of Non-Dispersive Infrared Analysis. Anyang: VINE Corp.; 2000.
- Pennacchio LA, Olivier M, Hubacek JA, Cohen JC, Cox DR, Fruchart JC, Krauss RM, Rubin EM. An apolipoprotein influencing triglycerides in humans and mice revealed by comparative sequencing. Science 2001;294:169-73. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1064852
- Suchanek P, Lorenzova A, Poledne R, Hubacek JA. Changes of plasma lipids during weight reduction in females depends on APOA5 variants. Ann Nutr Metab 2008;53:104-8. https://doi.org/10.1159/000165358
- Zhang X, Qi Q, Bray GA, Hu FB, Sacks FM, Qi L. APOA5 genotype modulates 2-y changes in lipid profile in response to weight-loss diet intervention: the Pounds Lost Trial. Am J Clin Nutr 2012;96: 917-22. https://doi.org/10.3945/ajcn.112.040907
- St George A, Bauman A, Johnston A, Farrell G, Chey T, George J. Effect of a lifestyle intervention in patients with abnormal liver enzymes and metabolic risk factors. J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2009; 24:399-407. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-1746.2008.05694.x
- Stone NJ. Successful control of dyslipidemia in patients with metabolic syndrome: focus on lifestyle changes. Clin Cornerstone 2006;8 Suppl 1:S15-20. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1098-3597(06)80004-9
- Wang H, Eckel RH. Lipoprotein lipase: from gene to obesity. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 2009;297:E271-88. https://doi.org/10.1152/ajpendo.90920.2008
- Merkel M, Loeffler B, Kluger M, Fabig N, Geppert G, Pennacchio LA, Laatsch A, Heeren J. Apolipoprotein AV accelerates plasma hydrolysis of triglyceride-rich lipoproteins by interaction with proteoglycan-bound lipoprotein lipase. J Biol Chem 2005;280: 21553-60. https://doi.org/10.1074/jbc.M411412200
- Seip RL, Mair K, Cole TG, Semenkovich CF. Induction of human skeletal muscle lipoprotein lipase gene expression by short-term exercise is transient. Am J Physiol 1997;272:E255-61.
- Miyashita M, Eto M, Sasai H, Tsujimoto T, Nomata Y, Tanaka K. Twelve-week jogging training increases pre-heparin serum lipoprotein lipase concentrations in overweight/obese middle-aged men. J Atheroscler Thromb 2010;17:21-9. https://doi.org/10.5551/jat.2337
- The APOA5 rs662799 polymorphism is associated with dyslipidemia and the severity of coronary heart disease in Chinese women vol.15, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1186/s12944-016-0343-z
- New insights into apolipoprotein A5 in controlling lipoprotein metabolism in obesity and the metabolic syndrome patients vol.17, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1186/s12944-018-0833-2