- Volume 20 Issue 7
The study is to investigate which features are perceived by Social Network Service(SNS) users as the most required one to further boost the usage of service, and to examine the perception of these features of SNS sites varies according to their demographic and service usage characteristics. The study also is to suggest a few of research propositions on the relationships between required features of SNS sites and characteristics of SNS users, based on statistical analyses. To accomplish these research purposes, the study defined characteristics of SNS users including demographic(gender, age) and service usage one(start time of service usage, service usage place), and required features of SNS sites(system, service, information, emotion) based on the literature review of SNS. The results show, based on the statistical analyses using survey questionnaire on Korean and Chinese SNS users, that there are differences in perception of required features of SNS sites among the respondents grouped by age, start time of service usage, service usage place. Finally, the study proposed three research propositions, based on the analysis result, that could be used in SNS related researches in the future.
Supported by : Kangnam University
- eMarketer, "Social Networking Reaches Nearly One in Four Around the World," http://www.emarketer.com/Article/Social-Networking-Reaches-Nearly-One-Four-Around-World/1009976, 2013.
- Kim, D., "An empirical study on user satisfaction and the influencing factors for continuous usage of social network service," Doctoral Thesis of Graduate School of Chungang Univ., 2011.
- Kim, J., "The Effect of Information Quality and Service Quality on User Satisfaction in Social Network Service Environment," Doctoral Thesis of Graduate School of Hansung Univ., 2011.
- Kim, S., "Effect of characteristics of individual or mobile service on receiving intention of mobile banking of smart phone," Master's Thesis of Graduate School of Hongik Univ., 2010.
- Won, W., "An Empirical Investigation of SNS Websites: Quality Factors, User Satisfaction, Intention of Continuous Use, and Intention of Words-of-Mouth," Master's Thesis of Graduate School of Inha Univ., 2009.
- Jang, J., "A Study on the Factors Influencing on Trust, Satisfaction and Purchase Intention of SNS Search Services," Master's Thesis of Graduate School of Konkuk Univ., 2011.
- Kwon, O. and Wen, Y., "An Empirical Study of the Factors Affecting Social Network Service Use," Computers in Human Behavior, Vol.26, No.2, pp.254-263, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.chb.2009.04.011
- Say, G.S., Lada, S., Muhammad, M.Z., Ibrahim, A.A.H.A. and Amboala, T., "An Exploration of Social Networking Sites Adoption in Malaysia Using Technology Acceptance Model(TAM), Theory of Planned Behavior(TPB) and Intrinsic Motivation," Journal of Internet Banking and Commerce, Vol.16, No.2, 2011.
- Pinho, J.C.M.R. and Soares, A.M., "Examining the Technology Acceptance Model in the Adoption of Social Networks," Journal of Research in Interactive Marketing, Vol.5, No.2/3, pp.116-129, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1108/17505931111187767
- Huang, L.Y., Hsieh, Y.J. and Wu, Y.C.J., "Gratifications and Social Network Service Usage: The Mediating Role of Online Experience," Information & Management, 51, pp.774-782, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2014.05.004
- Boyd, D.M. and Ellison, N.B., "Social Network Sites: Definition, History and Scholarship," Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, Vol.13, pp.210-230, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2007.00393.x
- Nikou, S. and Bouwman, H., "Ubiquitous Use of Mobile Social Network Services," Telematics and Informatics, Vol.31, pp.422-433, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tele.2013.11.002
- Smith, G., "Social Software Building Blocks," http://nform.ca/publications/social-software-building-block, 2007.
- Suh, W., Won, W. and Hong, J., "An Empirical Study on the Effects of SNS Website Quality Factors on the User Satisfaction, Intention of Continuous Use, and Intention of Words-Of-Mouth," Industrial Innovation Research, Vol.26, No.1, pp.99-132, 2010.
- Suh, H. and Chun, B., "The Effects of the Quality of Social Network Service on the Intention to Retain the Relationship," Korean Management Review, Vol.42, No.5, pp.1239-1262, 2013.
- Lee, J. and Lee, Y., "A Study on the Effects of Social Network Service Characteristics on Customer's Loyalty," Korea Research Academy of Distribution and Management Review, Vol.15, pp.49-65, 2012.
- Park, J., "A study on the influence of the use satisfaction to convention center's social network service(SNS) on the intention to reuse of SNS: Focused on SNS quality and social influence aspects," Master's Thesis of Graduate School of Kyunghee Univ, 2011.
- Wang, W., "A Study on the Influence of tourist spots Preference by the torurist information using SNS Characteristics : Focused on China," Master's Thesis of Graduate School of Kongju National Univ., 2012.
- Pang, M.S. and Noh, W.J., "Developing a Comprehensive Set of Website Quality Dimensions through Literature Review," The e-Business Studies, Vol.9, No.1, pp.329-358, 2008. https://doi.org/10.15719/geba.9.1.200803.329
- Kim, Y.J. and Yoon, J.S., "Users Preferred Content types in Using the WiBro Service," INFORMATION: An International Interdisciplinary Journal, Vol.11, No.3, pp.303-320, 2008.
- O'Cass, A. and Fenench, T., "Web Retailing Adoption: Exploring the Nature of Internet Users Web Retailing Behaviour," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Vol.10, pp.81-94, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0969-6989(02)00004-8
- Okazaki, S., "What Do We Know about Mobile Internet Adopters? A Cluster Analysis," Information & Management, Vol.43, No.2, pp.127-141, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2005.05.001
- Pijpers, G.G.M., Bemelmans, T.M.A., Heemstra, F.J. and Van Montfort, K.A.G.M., "Senior Executives Use of Information Technology," Information and Software Technology, Vol.43, pp.959-971, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0950-5849(01)00197-5
- Telang, R. and Mukhopadhyay, T., "Drivers of Web Portal Use," Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol.4, pp.49-65, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.elerap.2004.10.004
- Venkatesh, V. and Davis, F.D., "A Theoretical Extension of the Technology Acceptance Model: Four Longitudinal Field Studies," Management Science, Vol.46, No.2, pp.186-204, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.188.8.131.5226
- Zhuang, Y. and Lerderer, A., "A Resource-Based View of Electronic Commerce," Information & Management, Vol.43, No.2, pp.251-261, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.im.2005.06.006
- Woo, J.E., Yoon, J.S. and Kim, Y.J., "A Study on the Preferred Content Types using Mobile Internet Service in Korea and China," Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, Vol.12, No.5, pp.203-214, 2007.
- Hair, J.F., Anderson, R.E., Tatham, R.L. and Black, W.C., "Multivariate Data Analysis with Readings," New York: Macmillan Publishing Company, 1992.
- Nunally, H., "Psychometric Theory," McGraw-Hill: NY, 1978.