- Volume 21 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Memristor Bridge Synapse-based Neural Network Circuit Design and Simulation of the Hardware-Implemented Artificial Neuron
멤리스터 브리지 시냅스 기반 신경망 회로 설계 및 하드웨어적으로 구현된 인공뉴런 시뮬레이션
- Received : 2014.11.24
- Accepted : 2015.01.30
- Published : 2015.05.01
Implementation of memristor-based multilayer neural networks and their hardware-based learning architecture is investigated in this paper. Two major functions of neural networks which should be embedded in synapses are programmable memory and analog multiplication. "Memristor", which is a newly developed device, has two such major functions in it. In this paper, multilayer neural networks are implemented with memristors. A Random Weight Change algorithm is adopted and implemented in circuits for its learning. Its hardware-based learning on neural networks is two orders faster than its software counterpart.
memristor;memristor bridge synapse;neural network;learning algorithm
- L. O. Chua, "Memristor-the missing circuit element," IEEE Trans. Circuit Theory, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 507-519, Sep. 1971. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCT.1971.1083337
- D. B. Strukov, G. S. Snider, D. R. Stewart, and R. S. Williams, "The missing memristor found," Nature, vol. 453, no. 7191, pp. 80-83, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature06932
- H. Kim, M. Pd. Sah, C. Yang, T. Roska, and L. O. Chua, "Memristor bridge synapses," Proc. of the IEEE, vol. 100, no. 6, pp. 2061-2070, Jun. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2011.2166749
- K. Hirotsu and M. A. Brooke, "An analog neural network chip with random weight change learning algorithm," Proc. of 1993 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, vol. 3, pp. 3031-3034, 1993.
- D. E. Rumelhart, G. E. Hinton, and R. J. Williams, "Learning representations by back-propagating errors," Nature, vol. 323, no. 9, pp. 533-536. Oct. 1986. https://doi.org/10.1038/323533a0
- C. Yang and H. Kim, "Memristor bridge synapse-based neural network circuit design and simulation for hardware-based learning algorithm implementation," Proc. of ICROS (Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems) 2014 Jeonbuk and Jeju Branch Conference (in Korean), pp. 76-79, Dec. 2014.
Supported by : 한국연구재단