- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Analysis of CRLB Performances with CAF under Multiple Emitters
CAF 이용 다중 발기하에서의 CRLB 성능 분석
- Lee, Young-kyu (Division of Physical Metrology, Korea Research Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Yang, Sung-hoon (Division of Physical Metrology, Korea Research Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Chang-bok (Division of Physical Metrology, Korea Research Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Park, Young-Mi (The 2nd R&D Institute, Agency for Defense Development) ;
- Lee, Moon-Seok (Electronic Warfare R&D Lab., LIGNex1)
- 이영규 (한국표준과학연구원 시간센터) ;
- 양성훈 (한국표준과학연구원 시간센터) ;
- 이창복 (한국표준과학연구원 시간센터) ;
- 박영미 (국방과학연구소 전자전 분야) ;
- 이문석 (LIG 넥스원 전자전 연구센터)
- Received : 2014.12.15
- Accepted : 2015.02.25
- Published : 2015.06.01
In this paper, we described the Cramer-Rao Lower Bound (CLRB) performances of Time Difference of Arrival (TDOA) and Frequency Difference of Arrival (FDOA) methods when there are multiple emitters. The TDOA and FDOA values between two receivers can be simultaneously estimated by using the so-called Complex Ambiguity Function (CAF). In the case of multiple emitters, there exist Inter Symbol Interferences (ISIs) in the measurement data. Therefore, it is required to reduce the effect of ISI and provide a performance evaluation method of TDOA and FDOA estimations. In order to eliminate the ISIs, using of a filter bank before calculating CAF is proposed when the carrier frequencies of the emitters are different to one another. Angle of Arrival (AOA) or Received Signal Strength (RSS) methods before calculating CAF were proposed to reduce the ISIs when the carrier frequencies are the same. In order to evaluate the CRLB of TDOA and FDOA estimations, we employed the conditional probability distribution method and described the numerical comparison results.
Grant : 시공간 측정연구
- K. Becker, "An efficient method of passive emitter location," IEEE Trans. Aerosp. Electron Syst., vol. 28, pp. 1091-1104, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.165371
- R. Kaune, "Gaussian mixture (GM) Passive localization using time difference of arrival (TDOA)," Informatik 2009 Workshop Sensor Data Fusion: Trends, Solutions, - Applications, 2009.
- D. Musicki and W. Koch, "Geolocation using TDOA and FDOA measurements," Proc. of 11th International Conference on Information Fusion, pp. 1-8, 2008.
- D. Musicki, R. Kaune, and W. Koch, "Mobile emitter geolocation and tracking using TDOA and FDOA measurements," IEEE Trans. on Signal Processing, vol. 58, no. 3, Part 2, pp. 1863-1874, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSP.2009.2037075
- D. W. Lim, J. M. Kang, and M. B. Heo, "Hybrid TDOA/AOA localization algorithm for GPS jammers," ICROS, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 101-105, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.1943
- L. G. Weiss, "Wavelets and wideband correlation processing," IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, pp. 13-32, 1994.
- S. M. Kay, Fundamentals of Statistical Signal Processing: Estimation Theory, Prentice Hall, International Editions, 1993.
- S. Stein, "Algorithms for ambiguity function processing," IEEE Trans. Acoust., Speech Signal Process., vol. ASSP-29, no. 3, pp. 588-599, Jun. 1981.
- C. W. Helstrom, Probability and Stochastic Processes for Engineers, Maxwell Macmillan, International Editions, 1991.