- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Auto-parking Controller of Omnidirectional Mobile Robot Using Image Localization Sensor and Ultrasonic Sensors
영상위치센서와 초음파센서를 사용한 전 방향 이동로봇의 자동주차 제어기
- Yun, Him Chan (Dept. of Control and Robot Eng., Chungbuk National University) ;
- Park, Tae Hyoung (Dept. of Control and Robot Eng., Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2014.12.27
- Accepted : 2015.02.25
- Published : 2015.06.01
This paper proposes an auto-parking controller for omnidirectional mobile robots. The controller uses the multi-sensor system including ultrasonic sensor and camera. The several ultrasonic sensors of robot detect the distance between robot and each wall of the parking lot. The camera detects the global position of robot by capturing the image of artificial landmarks. To improve the accuracy of position estimation, we applied the extended Kalman filter with adaptive fuzzy controller. Also we developed the fuzzy control system to reduce the settling time of parking. The experimental results are presented to verify the usefulness of the proposed controller.
- S. J. Chang, "Design and implementation of fuzzy parallel-parking control for a car-type mobile robot," Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 175-194, Jun. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1015664327686
- C. S. Chiu, "Fuzzy gain scheduling for parallel parking a car-like robot," Control Systems Technology, vol. 13, no. 6, pp. 1084-1092, Nov. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCST.2005.857401
- J. K. Suhr, "Sensor fusion-based vacant parking slot detection and tracking," Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 21-36, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2013.2272100
- G. Hsin, "Multi-sensor fusion vehicle positioning based on Kalman filter," Information Science and Technology, pp. 296-299, Mar. 2013.
- H. Kim, "Online minimum-energy trajectory planning and control on a straight-line path for three-wheeled omnidirectional mobile robots," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 61, no. 9, pp. 4771-4779, Sep. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2013.2293706
- H. C. Huang, "SoPC-based parallel ACO algorithm and its application to optimal motion controller design for intelligent omnidirectional mobile robots," IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 1828-1835, Nov. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2012.2222033
- W. H. Wang, "Application of localization system to WMR path planning and parking control," Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics, pp. 1677-1682, Jul. 2009.
- R. Choomuang and N. Afzulpurkar, "Hybrid Kalman filter/fuzzy logic based position control of autonomous mobile robot," International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 197-208. 2005.
- A. Cherubini, F. Spindler, and F. Chaumette, "Autonomous visual navigation and laser-based moving obstacle avoidance," IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 2101-2110, Oct. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TITS.2014.2308977
- K. T. Lee, W. J. Chung, and H. W. Chang, "Improvement of odometry accuracy and parking control for a car-like mobile robot," The journal of korea robotics society, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 16-22, Mar. 2008.
- L. Zhao, "Data-based modeling of vehicle crash using adaptive neural-fuzzy inference system," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 684-696, Apr. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2013.2255422
- I. Doroftei, "Omnidirectional mobile robot-design and implementation," Bioinspiration and Robotics Walking and Climbing Robots, I-Tech Education and Publishing, Viena, Austria, Sep. 2007.
- D. H. Heo and T. H. Park, "A localization system of mobile robots using artificial landmarks," IEEE Conference on Automation Science and Engineering, pp. 139-144, Aug. 2011.
- Y. J. Han and T. H. Park, "Localization of mobile robot using multiple ceiling lights," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 4, pp. 379-384, Apr. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.13.1863
- EKF-based Simultaneous Localization and Mapping of Mobile Robot using Laser Corner Pattern Matching vol.65, pp.12, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.12.2095