- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Semi-supervised Learning for the Positioning of a Smartphone-based Robot
스마트폰 로봇의 위치 인식을 위한 준 지도식 학습 기법
- Yoo, Jaehyun (School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, H. Jin (School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2014.11.17
- Accepted : 2015.03.31
- Published : 2015.06.01
Supervised machine learning has become popular in discovering context descriptions from sensor data. However, collecting a large amount of labeled training data in order to guarantee good performance requires a great deal of expense and time. For this reason, semi-supervised learning has recently been developed due to its superior performance despite using only a small number of labeled data. In the existing semi-supervised learning algorithms, unlabeled data are used to build a graph Laplacian in order to represent an intrinsic data geometry. In this paper, we represent the unlabeled data as the spatial-temporal dataset by considering smoothly moving objects over time and space. The developed algorithm is evaluated for position estimation of a smartphone-based robot. In comparison with other state-of-art semi-supervised learning, our algorithm performs more accurate location estimates.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- A. R. Jimenez, F. Seco, J. C. Prieto, and J. Guevara, "Indoor pedestrian navigation using an INS/EKF framework for yaw drift reduction and a foot-mounted IMU," Positioning Navigation and Communication, 2010 7th Workshop on. IEEE, pp. 135-143, 2010.
- J. Collin, O. Mezentsev, and G. Lachapelle, "Indoor positioning system using accelerometry and high accuracy heading sensors," Proc. of ION GPS/GNSS 2003 Conference, 2003.
- S.-B. Kim, D.-H. Lee, and J.-M. Lee, "Indoor localization scheme of a mobile robot applying RFID technology," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 996-1001, 2005. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2005.11.12.996
- D.-G. Seo, S.-H. Cho, and J.-M. Lee, "Localization algorithm for a mobile robot using iGS," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 242-247, 2008. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2008.14.3.242
- L. M. Ni, D. Zhang, and M. R. Souryal, "RFID-based localization and tracking technologies," Wireless Communications, IEEE, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 45-51, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2011.5751295
- G. Retscher, Gunther, "Location determination in indoor environments for pedestrian navigation," Position, Location, And Navigation Symposium, IEEE/ION, 2006.
- N. Ravi, P. Shankar, A. Frankel, A. Elgammal, and L. lftode, "Indoor localization using camera phones," Mobile Computing Systems and Applications, 2006.
- H. Hile and G. Borriello, "Positioning and orientation in indoor environments using camera phones," IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 32-39, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCG.2008.80
- Y. J. Kim and D. H. Kim, "Smart phone based image processing methods for motion detection of a moving object via a network camera," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no.1 pp. 65-71, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.19.1.065
- A. S. Paul and E. A. Wan, "RSSI-based indoor localization and tracking using sigma-point kalman smoothers," Selected Topics in Signal Processing, IEEE Journal of, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 860-873, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/JSTSP.2009.2032309
- H. S. Ahn and W. Yu, Hyo-Sung, "Environmental-adaptive RSSI-based indoor localization," Automation Science and Engineering, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 6 no. 4, pp. 626-633, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TASE.2008.2009126
- D. A. Tran and T. Zhang, "Fingerprint-based location tracking with hodrick-prescott filtering," Wireless and Mobile Networking Conference, IEEE, pp. 1-8, 2014.
- S. Y. Cho and J. G. Park, "Radio propagation model and spatial correlation method-based efficient database construction for positioning fingerprints," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 20, no. 7, pp. 774-781, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.14.0010
- M. Belkin and P. Niyogi, "Semi-supervised learning on riemannian manifolds," Machine Learning, vol. 56, no. 1-3, pp. 209-239, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:MACH.0000033120.25363.1e
- Scholkopf, Bernhard, R. Herbrich, and A. J. Smola, "A generalized representer theorem," Computational Learning Theory, Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2001.
- M. M. Adankon, M. Cheriet, and A. Biem, "Semisupervised least squares support vector machine," Neural Networks, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 20, no. 12, pp. 1858-1870, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNN.2009.2031143
- M. O. Ravn and H. Uhlig, "On adjusting the hodrick-prescott filter for the frequency of observations," Review of Economics and Statistics, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 371-376, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1162/003465302317411604