- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Trend of Soft Wearable Robotic Hand
유연한 착용형 손 로봇 기술 동향
- In, Hyunki (School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering/IAMD, Seoul National University) ;
- Jeong, Useok (School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering/IAMD, Seoul National University) ;
- Kang, Brian Byunghyun (School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering/IAMD, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Haemin (School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering/IAMD, Seoul National University) ;
- Koo, Inwook (School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering/IAMD, Seoul National University) ;
- Cho, Kyu-Jin (School of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering/IAMD, Seoul National University)
- 인현기 (서울대학교 기계항공공학부) ;
- 정우석 (서울대학교 기계항공공학부) ;
- 강병현 (서울대학교 기계항공공학부) ;
- 이해민 (서울대학교 기계항공공학부) ;
- 구인욱 (서울대학교 기계항공공학부) ;
- 조규진 (서울대학교 기계항공공학부 및 정밀기계설계공동연구소)
- Received : 2015.02.15
- Accepted : 2015.03.15
- Published : 2015.06.01
Hand function is one of the essential functions required to perform the activities of daily living, and wearable robots that assist or recover hand functions have been consistently developed. Previously, wearable robots commonly employed conventional robotic technology such as linkage which consists of rigid links and pin joints. Recently, as the interest in soft robotics has increased, many attempts to develop a wearable robot with a soft structure have been made and are in progress in order to reduce size and weight. This paper presents the concept of a soft wearable robot composed of a soft structure by comparing it with conventional wearable robots. After that, currently developed soft wearable robots and related issues are introduced.
Supported by : 국립재활원
- S. H. Kim, Y. C. Byun, C. K. Son, Y. H. Lee, M. K. Lee, and et al, "2011 Research on The Actual Condition of The Disabled," Ministry of Health and Welfare and Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs, Korea, Report, 2011.
- KINOVA Robotics, "JACO2," 2015. [Online]. Available: http://kinovarobotics.com/.
- SECOM, "My Spoon," 2015. [Online]. Available: http://www.secom.co.jp/english/myspoon/.
- D. J. Reinkensmeyer, J. L. Emken, and S. C. Cramer, "Robotics, motor learning, and neurologic recovery," Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 497-525, Aug. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.bioeng.6.040803.140223
- B. H. Dobkin, "Strategies for stroke rehabilitation," The Lancet Neurology, vol. 3, no. 9, pp. 528-536, Sep. 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1474-4422(04)00851-8
- L. A. Harvey and R. D. Herbert, "Muscle stretching for treatment and prevention of contracture in people with spinal cord injury," Spinal Cord, vol. 40, no. 1, pp. 1-9, Feb. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.sc.3101241
- M. M. Adams and A. L. Hicks, "Spasticity after spinal cord injury," Spinal Cord, vol. 43, no. 10, pp. 577-586, Apr. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.sc.3101757
- A. Chiri, N. Vitiello, F. Giovacchini, S. Roccella, F. Vecchi, and M. C. Carrozza, "Mechatronic design and characterization of the index finger module of a hand exoskeleton for post-stroke rehabilitation," IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 884-894, Oct. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMECH.2011.2144614
- A. Wege and G. Hommel, "Development and control of a hand exoskeleton for rehabilitation of hand injuries," Proc. of Intelligent Robots and Systems 2005, Alberta, Canada, pp. 3046-3051, Aug, 2005,.
- P. Stergiopoulos, P. Fuchs, and C. Laurgeau, "Design of a 2-finger hand exoskeleton for VR grasping simulation," Proc. of Eurohaptics, Dublin, Ireland, pp. 80-93, 2003.
- H. In, B. B. Kang, M. Sin, and K.-J. Cho, "Exo-Glove: Soft wearable robot for the hand with soft tendon routing system," IEEE Robotics Automation Magazine, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 97-105. https://doi.org/10.1109/MRA.2014.2362863
- D. Sasaki, T. Noritsugu, M. Takaiwa, and H. Yamamoto, "Glove-type power assist device," PCT/JP2012/055694, 20-Sep-2012.
- D. Sasaki, T. Noritsugu, M. Takaiwa, and H. Yamamoto, "Wearable power assist device for hand grasping using pneumatic artificial rubber muscle," Proc. of 13th IEEE International Workshop on Robot and Human Interactive Communication 2004, pp. 655-660, Sep. 2004.
- I. Koo, B. B. Kang, and K.-J. Cho, "Development of hand exoskeleton using pneumatic artificial muscle combined with linkage," Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1217-1224, Nov. 2013. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2013.30.11.1217
- P. Polygerinos, Z. Wang, K. C. Galloway, R. J. Wood, and C. J. Walsh, "Soft robotic glove for combined assistance and at-home rehabilitation," Robotics and Autonomous Systems, in press.
- T. Kline, D. Kamper, and B. Schmit, "Control system for pneumatically controlled glove to assist in grasp activities," Proc. of 9th International Conference on Rehabilitation Robotics 2005. Chicago, USA, pp. 78-81, Jun. 2005.
- S. Lee, K. A. Landers, and H.-S. Park, "Development of a biomimetic hand exotendon device (BiomHED) for restoration of functional hand movement post-stroke," IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 886-898, Jul. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNSRE.2014.2298362
- M. Nilsson, J. Ingvast, J. Wikander, and H. von Holst, "The soft extra muscle system for improving the grasping capability in neurological rehabilitation," Proc. of 2012 IEEE EMBS Conference on Biomedical Engineering and Sciences, pp. 412-417, Dec. 2012.
- M. A. Diftler, C. A. Ihrke, L. B. Bridgwater, D. R. Davis, D. M. Linn, E. A. Laske, K. G. Ensley, and J. H. Lee, "RoboGlove - A robonaut derived multipurpose assistive device," Proc. of International Conference on Robotics and Automation 2014, HongKong, China, May 2014.
- Idrogenet srl. (2014)., Gloreha(R). [Online]. Available: http://www.gloreha.com/.
- H. M. Kim and G. S. Kim, "Design of rectangular-type fourfinger rehabilitation robot for stroke patient," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 473-480, May 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.12.1840
- H. D. Lee and C. S. Han, "Technical trend of the lower limb exoskeleton system for the performance enhancement," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 364-372, Mar. 2014. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.14.9023