- Volume 21 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Study on Bilateral Exercise Interface Techniques for Active Rehabilitation of the Upper Limb Hemiplegia
상지 편마비 환자의 능동형 재활운동을 위한 양측성 훈련 인터페이스 기법에 대한 연구
- Eom, Su-Hong (Department of Electronic Engineering, Korea Polytechnic University) ;
- Song, Ki-Sun (Department of Electronic Engineering, Korea Polytechnic University) ;
- Jang, Mun-Suck (Department of Electronic Engineering, Korea Polytechnic University) ;
- Lee, Eung-Hyuk (Department of Electronic Engineering, Korea Polytechnic University)
- Received : 2015.02.15
- Accepted : 2015.03.15
- Published : 2015.06.01
For the self-directed rehabilitation of upper extremity hemiplegia patients, in this paper we propose an interface method capable of doing bilateral exercises in rehabilitation robotics. This is a method for estimating information of movements from the unaffected-side, and projects it to the affected-side in order. That the affected-side is followed the movements of the unaffected-side. For estimation of the unaffected-side movements information, gyro sensor data and acceleration sensor data were fused. In order to improve the measurement error in data fusion, a HDR filter and a complementary filter were applied. Estimated motion information is derived the one side of the drive input of rehabilitation robot. In order to validate the proposed method, experimental equipment is designed to be similar to the body's joints. The verification was performed by comparing the estimation angle data from inertial sensors and the encoder data which were attached to the mechanism.
Supported by : 정보통신기술진흥센터, 산업자원부
- F. Wang, D. E. Barkana, and N. Sarkar, "Impact of visual error augmentation when integrated with assist-as-needed training method in robot-assisted rehabilitation," IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 571-579, Oct. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNSRE.2010.2058127
- H. I. Krebs, B. T. Volpe, M. L. Aisen, and N. Hogan, "Increasing productivity and quality of care : Robot-aided neuro-rehabilitation," Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, vol. 37, no. 6, pp. 639-652, Nov./Dec. 2000.
- Clinical Research Center For Stroke, Clinical Parctice Guidelines, 2rd Ed.,Clinical Research Center For Stroke, Seoul, 2013.
- J. H. Hwang, H. M. Kim, and J. S. Lee, "The effects of bilateral upper limb movement on the bilateral coordination and activities of daily living for stroke patients," Scciety of Occupaticnal Therapy for the Aged and Dementia, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 13-25, Apr. 2011.
- X. L. Hu, K. Tong, R. Song, X. J. Zheng, and W. W. Leung, "A comparison between electromyography-driven robot and passive motion device on wrist rehabilitation for chronic stroke," Neurorehabilitation & Neural Repair, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 837-846, Jul. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1177/1545968309338191
- S. J. You, K. C. Hwang, H. J. Kim, and H. C. Kwon, "An effect of mirror therapy on upper extremity function and activity of daily living in patients with post-stroke hemiplegia," The Journal of Korean Society of Occupational Therapy, vol. 19, no. 2, pp. 25-37, Aug. 2010.
- K. Y. Park, Y. W. Kim, C. Nagai, and G. Obinata, "Investigation of human mirror-image for bilateral movement training of upper limb rehabilitation," Micro-NanoMechatronics and Human Science (MHS), 2010 International Symposium on, pp. 402-407, Nov. 2010.
- H. C. Kim, L. M. Miller, I. Fedulow, M. Simkins, G. M. Abrams, N. Byl, and J. Rosen, "Kinematic data analysis for post-stroke patients following bilateral versus unilateral rehabilitation with an upper limb wearable robotic system," IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 153-164, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNSRE.2012.2207462
- S. H. Yang, W. Lee, and K. Lee, "The effects of modified constraint-induced movement therapy and bilateral arm training on the upper extremity performance of individuals with chronic hemiparetic stroke," Journal of Korea Society of Physical Therapy, vol. 23, pp. 65-72, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.23.65
- S. Matt, H. C. Kim, G. Abrams, N. Byl, and J. Rosen, "Robotic unilateral and bilateral upper-limb movement training for stroke survivors afflicted by chronic hemiparesis," Rehabilitation Robotics (ICORR), 2013 IEEE International Conference on, pp. 1-6, 2013.
- H. G. Min, J. H. Yoon, J. H. Kim, S. H. Kwon, and E. T. Jeung, "Design of complementary filter using least square method," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 125-130, Dec. 2011. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2011.17.2.125
- J. H. Kim, H. G. Min, J. D. Cho, J. H. Jang, S. H. Kwon, and E. T. Jeung, "Design of angular estimator of inertial sensor using the least square method," World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 60, pp. 502-505, Dec. 2009.
- J. H. Jang, E. T. Jeung, and S. H. Kwon, "A study on control for the two-rotor system using inertial sensors," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 190-194, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.12.1811
- Y. K. Kim, J. H. Park, H. K. Kwak, S. H. Park, C. W. Lee, and J. M. Lee, "Performance improvement of a pedestrian dead reckoning system using a low cost IMU," Journal of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems (in Korean), vol. 19, no. 6, pp. 569-575, Jun. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2013.12.1767
- J. Borenstein and L. Ojeda, "Some observations on drift-reduction methods for low-cost gyro sensors," Technologies for Homeland Security and Homeland Defense VIII, vol. 7305, pp. 1-11, Apr. 2009.
- Johann Borenstein, Lauro Ojeda, "Surat Kwanmuang. Heuristic Reduction of Gyro Drift," Published in the Journal of Navigation, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 41-58, Jan. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0373463308005043
- D. Nam, "Investigations on drift-reduction methods for low-cost gryo sensors," Master's Thesis, Korea University, Dec. 2010.