- Volume 9 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Prevalence and Association Factors of Unmet Medical Needs by Age Group in the Elderly
노년기에 따른 미충족 의료 현황 및 관련 요인
- Hwang, Byung-Deog (Department of Health Care Management Catholic University of Pusan) ;
- Choi, Ryoung (Department of Health Administration Dongshin University)
- Received : 2015.02.20
- Accepted : 2015.03.16
- Published : 2015.03.31
This study investigated the prevalence of unmet needs for health care among Korean adults and related factors. Using data from the 2012 Korea Health Panel, 1,896 adults aged 65 and over and two age groups(Young-Old(66-74) and Old-Old(
Supported by : 부산가톨릭대학교
- J. Le Grand, P. Vizard(1998), The National Health Service : Crisis, Marget, 1980, Equity in the Distribution of Municipal services, In H.J. Bryce(ed) Revitalizing Cities Lexington, Mass, Lexington Books, p.77.
- S.I. Huh, S.J. Kim(2007), Unmet Needs for Health Care Among Korean Adults: Differences Across Age Groups, The Korean Journal of Health Economics and Policy, Vol.13(2);1-16.
- Y.J. Shin, J.I. Shon(2009), The Prevalence and Association Factors of Unmet Medical Need - Using the 1st and 2nd Korea Welfare Panel Data, Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol.29(1);111-142.
- A. Donabedian(1973), Aspects of medical care administration, MA: Harvard University Press, pp.1-649.
- L.A. Aday, R. Andersen(1975), Development of indexes of access to medical care, American Journal of Sociology, Vol.81(5);1257-1258. https://doi.org/10.1086/226220
- K.S. Song, J.H. Lee, K.H. Rhim(2011), Factors Associated with Unmet Needs for Health Care, Korean public health research, Vol.37(1);131-140.
- B.M. Yang(2004), Health Care Economics, Nanam, pp.99-100.
- J. Chen, F. Hou(2002), Unmet Needs for Health Care, Health Reports, Vol.13(2);23-34.
- R. Choi, B.D. Hwang(2014), Health Care Utilization of Age Group in the Elderly on the Korean Health Panel, The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, Vol.8(3);49-61. https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2014.8.3.049
- S.M. Kwon(2006), Population Aging, Medical Expenditure and Long-term Care Reform in Korea, Korean social security studies, Vol.22(2);1-22.
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service, National Health Insurance Service(2014), 2013 National Health Insurance Statistical Yearbook, Jisung, p.134.
- S. Crystal, R.W. Johnson, J. Harman, U. Sambamoorthi, R. Kumar(2000), Out-of-pocket health care costs among older Americans, Journals of Gerontology Serics B, Vol.55(1):S51-S62. https://doi.org/10.1093/geronb/55.1.S51
- S.J. Kim, S.I. Huh(2011), Financial Burden of Health Care Expenditures and Unmet Needs by Socioeconomic Status, The Korean Journal of Health Economics and Policy, Vol.17(1);47-70.
- K.H. Cho, H.K. Mok, J.H. Lee(2014), Analysis and Association Factors of Unmet Medical Need, The 2014 Korea Health Panel Conference, Vol.6;167-177.
- J.H. Kim, Y.S. Kim, M.S. Kim(1999), Unmet Medical care needs in Elders Using the Public Health Center, Journal Korean Gerontol Nurs, Vol.1(2);172-180.
- K.S. Song, J.H. Lee, K.H. Rim(2011), Factors Associated with Unmet Needs for Health Care, Korean public health research, Vol.37(1);131-140.
- J.H. Lim(2013), Analysis of unmet medical need status based on the Korean Health Panel, Health and Social Science, Vol.34;237-256.
- S.I. Huh(2011), Unmet Medical Need, The 2011 Korea Health Panel Conference, Vol.3;341-351.
- Y.H. Choi(2001), A Comparative Study on Health-Promoting Behavior, Life Satisfaction and Self-esteem of the Young and Old, Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol.12(2);428-436.
- J.D. Kwon(2013), Essentials of Aged Welfare, Hakjisa, p.19.
- J.Y. Yang(2010), The Longitudinal Trend and Association Factors of Unmet Medical Need, Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, pp.1-64.
- Factors Associated with the Types of Unmet Health Care Needs among the Elderly in Korea vol.11, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2017.11.2.065
- Factors Associated with Unmet Healthcare Needs According to Households vol.12, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.12811/kshsm.2018.12.2.039
- Unmet healthcare needs of elderly people in Korea vol.18, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1186/s12877-018-0786-3