- Volume 28 Issue 7
DOI QR Code
The Operation Characteristics of Hybrid Supercapacitor Module for LED Emergency Luminaires
LED 비상 유도등을 위한 하이브리드 슈퍼커패시터 모듈의 동작 특성
- Mang, Ju-Cheul (R&D Center, Samwha Capacitor Co., Ltd.) ;
- Yoon, Jung-Rag (R&D Center, Samwha Capacitor Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2015.06.20
- Accepted : 2015.06.24
- Published : 2015.07.01
Hybrid supercapacitors with high power density and long cycle life are widely used for emergency power source of LED emergency luminaires. In this paper, we designed and fabricated a hybrid capacitor cell and a module for the LED emergency luminaires. Using hybrid supercapacitor cells (1,000 F, 2.8 V), we designed a module in a 10-year warranty considering aging and ESR. Considering the ESR and efficiency has been designed to module with 1,000 F 5.6 V design results in 2 series and 2 parallel combination. Module was used to confirm that the operation 77.5 minutes at room temperature, discharge LED emergency luminaires with 2 W. As a LED emergency luminaires of emergency power supply that we can support more than 10 years of life was confirmed the applicability of hybrid supercapacitor.
Grant : 인터넷 데이터 센터(IDC) 전력 품질 안정화를 위한 50 kw급 하이브리드 슈퍼커패시터 ESS 모듈 개발
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원
- EN 50172 - Emergency Escape Lighting Systems (2004).
- EN 1838: Lighting Applications - Emergency Lighting (2000).
- G. M. Lee and J. R. Yoon, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 26, 22 (2013).
- LED Lighting and Supercapacitors KEMET Corporation (2013).
- N. Narendran, N, Maliyagoda, L. Deng, and R. Pysar, SPIE Proceedings, 4445, 137 (2001).
- 4 Amp Supercapacitor Flash LED Driver http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/CAT3224-D.PDF (2009).
- B. G. Lee and J. R. Yoon, Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, 7, 207 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.2.207] https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2012.7.2.207
- B. G. Lee and J. R. Yoon, Electron, Mater., 9, 871 (2013). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s13391-013-6032-4] https://doi.org/10.1007/s13391-013-6032-4
- J. H. Jeong, U. C. No, H. G. Kim, and T. W. Jeon, The Journal of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, 17, 5 (2012).
- H. W. Chun and I. K, You, Electronics and Telecommunications Trend, l26, 186 (2014).
- J. K. Lee and J. R. Yoon, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, 15, 2586 (2015). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1166/jnn.2015.10258] https://doi.org/10.1166/jnn.2015.10258
- D. Cericola and R. Kotz, Electrochimica Acta, 72, 1 (2012). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2012.03.151] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2012.03.151
- S. H. Lee, H. K. Kim, Y. S. Yun, J. R. Yoon, S. G. Lee, and Y. H. Lee, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 39, 16569 (2014). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2014.05.072] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2014.05.072
- Technical Standards for Type Approval and Production Tests of the Leading Lights, National Emergency Management Agency, 2014-26 (2014).