- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Effects of Control Methods of Outdoor Air Cooling System on Energy Consumption in Building
외기냉방 시스템의 제어방법이 에너지 소비량에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Hwang, Jin-Won (Department of Building Equipment & System Engineering, Graduate School of Gachon University) ;
- Ahn, Byung-Cheon (Department of Mechanical Engineering, Gachon University)
- Received : 2015.04.29
- Accepted : 2015.06.11
- Published : 2015.06.30
In this study, the effects of various control methods of outdoor air cooling control system on control characteristics and energy consumption in building are researched by simulation. The system analysis modelling is done by using TRNSYS program package, and the control performances with existing outdoor air cooling methods are compared with the control ones without outdoor air cooling. As a result, appropriate operating temperature conditions of outdoor air cooling system according to outdoor temperature changes are required, and the outdoor air/return air dry bulb temperature comparison control method among the control methods shows best responses in energy savings.
- Y. D. Kang, "An analysis on the economizer cycle of the building HVAC system in terms of incoming outdoor air ratio", Master Thesis, Yonsei University, 2009.
- M. Y. Kim, Y. I. Kim, "Reduction of Cooling Load using Outdoor Air Cooling", Transactions of the Korea Society of Geothermal Energy Engineers , Vol.7, No.1, pp.51-58, 2011.
- S. M. Lee, "The Range Selection of Outdoor Air Intake Considering the Application Period Extension in Economizer cycle", Master Thesis, Seoul National University, 2011.
- HVAC Applications, ASHRAE HANDBOOK, SI Edition, Chapter.38-41, 2007.
- J. H. Heo, "Building Energy Management Technology", Korean Institute of Architectural Sustainable Environment and Building Systems, Vol. 4, No.2, pp.18-24, 2010.
- Night Purge Control Strategies With Outdoor Air Temperature Conditions for Central Cooling System vol.16, pp.10, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.10.6759