- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study for Flexure/Shear Failure Behavior of Composite Beam with GFRP Plank Used As a Permanent Formwork and Cast-in-place High Strength Concrete
영구거푸집으로 사용한 유리섬유 FRP 판과 현장타설 고강도콘크리트로 이루어진 합성보의 휨/전단파괴거동에 관한 실험적 연구
- Received : 2015.02.23
- Accepted : 2015.06.11
- Published : 2015.06.30
In this study, an experiment which utilized glass fiber reinforced polymer(GFRP) plank as the permanent formwork of cast-in-place high strength concrete structures was performed. The GFRP plank currently being produced has smooth surface so that it causes problems in behavior with concrete. Therefore, this research analyzed the flexure/shear failure behavior of composite beams, which used GFRP plank as its permanent formwork and has short shear span ratio, by setting the sand coated at GFRP bottom surface, the perforation and interval of the GFRP plank web, and the width of the top flange as the experimental variables. As a result of the experiments for effectiveness of sand attachment in case of not perforated web, approximately 47% higher ultimate load value was obtained when the sand was coated than not coated case and bending/shear failure mode was observed. For effectiveness of perforation and interval of gap, approximately 24% higher maximum load value was seen when interval of the perforation gap was short and the fine aggregate was not coated, and approximately 25% lower value was observed when the perforation gap was not dense on the coated specimen. For effectiveness of top flange breadth, the ultimate load value was approximately 17% higher in case of 40mm than 20mm width.
Composite beam;GFRP;Perforated web;Permanent formwork;Sand coated
- K. H. Cho, S. Y. Park, J. R. Cho and B. S. Kim. "Structural systems and behavioral characteristics of an innovative FRP-concrete composite deck", Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, KSCE, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 347-357, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/9780470121429
- L. C. Bank, Composites construction: Structural design with FRP materials, John Wiely & Sons, NJ, USA, 2006.
- H. J. Joo, J. H. Jung, B. S. Kim and S. J. Yoon, "An experimental study on the Behavior of shear comectors for FRP-concrete composite deck", Conference of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, pp. 1-4, 2005.
- N. Deskovic, T. C. Triantafillou and U. Meier, "Innovative design of FRP combined with concrete: Short-term behavior", Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 121, No. 7, pp. 1069-1078, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1995)121:7(1079) https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1995)121:7(1069)
- L. C. Bank, M. G. Oliva, H. U. Bae, J. Barker and S. W. Yoo, "Pultruded FRP plank as formwork and reinforcement for concrete members", Advances in Structural Engineering, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 1-11, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1260/136943307782417681 https://doi.org/10.1260/136943307780150878
- L. C. Bank, M. G. Oliva, H.U. Bae, B. V. Bindrich, "Hybrid Concrete and Pultruded-plank slabs for Highway and Pedestrian Bridges", Journal of Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 552-558, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2009.10.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2009.10.002
- Y. N. Zirzba, M. H. Baluch, I. A. Basunbul, A. M. Sharif, A. K. Azad and G. J. Al-Sulaimani, "Guidelines toward the design of reinforced concrete beams with external plates", ACI Structural Journal, Vol. 91, No. 6, pp. 639-646, 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14359/1538
- H. A. Rasheed and S, Perviaz, "Effects of FRP bond-slip on the response and design of strengthened reinforced concrete bridge beams", Bradley Univ, Hueser Research Report, pp. 64, 2000.
- M. Erki, "Fiber-reinforced polymers for structural engineering in Canada", Structural Eng, International, Vol. 9, No.4, pp. 278-280, 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2749/101686699780481691 https://doi.org/10.2749/101686699780481691
- S. W. Yoo, H. U. Bae, M. Oliva and L. C. Bank, "Experimental study of concrete beam with FRP plank as formwork and reinforcement", Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, KCI, Vol. 19, NO. 1, pp. 67-74, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2007.19.1.067 https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2007.19.1.067
Supported by : 한국연구재단