- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Concrete Sidewalk Block Manufactured Using Stone Powder Sludge and photocatalytic agent
석분슬러지와 광촉매제를 사용한 콘크리트 보도블록의 특성
- Received : 2015.05.04
- Accepted : 2015.06.11
- Published : 2015.06.30
This study examined the efflorescence characteristics of a concrete sidewalk block manufactured using recycled stone powder sludge and photocatalytic generated by surface polishing during the sidewalk block manufacturing process. The study evaluated the characteristics of the sidewalk block in terms of its quality, based on the amount of stone powder sludge used, efflorescence, and further based on the mixing ratio and number of applications of the photocatalytic. The experimental results indicated that heavy metals such as lead, hexavalent chrome, cadmium, and mercury were not present in the concrete sidewalk block, thereby confirming the effectiveness of the recycled stone powder sludge. The optimum mixing ratio of used in the concrete sidewalk block (for satisfying KS standard values such as water absorption ratio and flexural strength) was found to be 20%. The concrete sidewalk block incorporating the stone powder sludge and photocatalytic exhibited a water absorption ratio of 5.4% and flexural strength of 5.2 MPa, thereby satisfying the quality standards. Additionally, when the photocatalytic was used, efflorescence did not occur even at the low temperature of
Efflorescence;Photocatalytic;Purify polluted air;Sidewalk block;Stone powder sludge
- J.H. Song, S.Y. Lim, J.D. Jaung, A Study on the Properties of Mortar Flowability and Strengh Development Using Sludge of Crushed Stone, Journal of The Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp.405-408, 2006.
- J.S. Jeong, G.Y. Song, J.H. Ahn, T.H. Kim, Utilization of Stone Sludges Produced by Stone Manufacturing Process as Asphalt Concrete Filler, Journal of Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 27, No. 4, pp.457-464, 2007.
- S.Y. Lim, J.H. Song, J.D. Jaung, A Study on Properties of General Strength-High Folw Concrete usingSludge of Crushed Stone, Journal of The Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 26, No. 1, pp.409-412, 2006.
- K.N. Hong, J.H. Lee, S.H. Han, J.K. Park, Mechanical properties of Concrete Using Crushed Stone Sludge as Substitutes, Journal of the Institute of Constructional Technology, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp.79-84, 2012.
- Kim Sang Sub, The Study on Plan to Recycle Dehydrated Stone Powder Sludge, Master's Thesis, Keimyung University, 2009.
- Ryu Se Ah, A study on the development of the environment-friendly paving block : focused on low-toxicity paving materials development, Master's Thesis, Hanyang University, 2009.
- H.K. Joo, J.W. Ha, D.H. Cho, Standard test method for photocatalytic activity with optical fiber, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 2005, No. 1, pp.312-314, 2005.
S.A. Park, Y.W. Do, J.W. Ha, Photoactivity of
$TiO_2$-coated Bead for Organic Contaminants in Photocatalytic System, Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 8, No. 6, pp.1579-1582, 2007.
- S. H. Lee, Y. W. Jung, Properties of the Super Flowing Concrete Using Crushed Stone Fines, Journal of Korea Concrete Institute, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp.476-483, 2001.