- Volume 16 Issue 6
This study is identify the factors affecting the level of their turnover intention of rehabilitation hospitals nurses. Study subjects were 205 nurses at a rehabilitation hospitals three in B city and two in D city. The data was collected from July 1, to July 30, 2014. The data was analyzed using the SPSS win 18.0 program. The mean scores were 3.66 for role conflicts, 3.14 for job satisfaction, and 3.04 for turnover intention. There was weak, positive correlation between the level of role conflicts and that of turnover intention of the respondents. There was relatively strong, negative correlation between the level of job satisfaction and that of turnover intention of the respondents. Total explanation power was 49.8% and the greatest impact on the level of turnover intention of rehabilitation hospital nurses was organizational requirements among the sub-areas of job satisfaction, which accounted for 37.6% alone. It is necessary to develop their organizational job satisfaction for and promote nursing profession, develop a program to improve job satisfaction.
Job Satisfaction;Rehabilitation Hospital Nurse;Role Conflict;Turnover Intention
- Kang G.N., Factors Influencing Turnover Intention of Nurses in Small-medium sized Hospitals. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society. 18(2):155-165, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.155 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2012.18.2.155
- Song M.S., Lee M.H., Predictive Factors on Job Satisfaction in Nephrology Nurses. The Journal of Kosin Medical College. 13(1):165-180, 1998.
- Kim J.H., Structural Equation Modeling for Humor, Job Satisfaction, Job Stress and Intention to Turnover. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society. 19(2):265-272, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.2.265 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.2.265
- Lee G.H., The Impact of Career Plateau on Turnover Intentions: Concerning on Bank Employees, Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang National University, Seoul, 2004.
- Kim H.W., A study on the effect of convalescent hospital nurses' role ambiguity and role conflict :The Mediating job stress and regulation effect of justice, Unpublished master's thesis, Pusan National University, Pusan, 2014.
- Na M.H., Role Conflict and Job Satisfaction in Hemodialysis Nurse's Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans National University, Seoul, 2005.
- Jeong E.J., Cheo G.S., No W.J., Park M.M., Jo O.Y., Kim H.J., Hospital nurse staffing Tracking Survey. Hospital Nurses Association. p.1-42, 2013.
- Sung M.H., A Comparative Study on Role Conflict and Job Satisfaction between Nurses in ICU and Nurses in General Ward. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society. 12(1):104-112, 2006.
- So H.Y., Kim J.W., Park J.W., Lim N.Y., Task Analysis of the Job Description of Rehabilitation Nurse based on DACUM. Korean Academic Society of Rehabilitation Nursing. 12(1):16-29, 2009.
- Son Y.J., Park J.K., Gong S.S., Impact of Internal Marketing Activity, Emotional Labor and Work-Family Conflict on Turn-Over of Hospital Nurses. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research. 18(3):329-340, 2012.
- Son E.J., Nurses Role Conflicts influencing on the Organizational Commitments and Turnover Intentions, Unpublished master's thesis, Kyung-hee National University, Seoul, 2011.
- Song M.S., Influence of Emotional Labor on Job Involvement, Job Satisfaction, and Turnover Intention of Clinical Nurses. The Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society. 15(6):3741-3750, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3741 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3741
- Prices, J. L., & Mueller, C. W. A causal model of turnover for nurses, Academy of Management. 24(3): 543-565, 1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/255574
- Yang Y.S., Kang Y.H., CU New Nurses' Job Stress, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Turnover Intention. Nursing Science. 25(2):47-58, 2013.
- Lee G.J,. Yoo S.Y., Relationships between Nurses' Ethical Dilemma, Coping Types, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention in Korea. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research. 17(1):1-15, 2011.
- Lee M.H., Im N.Y., Seo M.J., Kang H.S., Kim J.H., Seo Y.O., et al. The Educational contents of Rehabilitation Nursing. Korean Academic Society of Rehabilitation Nursing. 4(1):118-123, 2001.
- Lee H.R., Yoon G.W., Influences on the Duty Performance of Industrial Counselor's Role Conflicts and Duty Stresses. Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychology. 16(2):309-325, 2004.
- Becker, T. E. (1992). Foci and based of commitment : Are they distinctions worth making?. Academy of Management Journal; 35(1), 232-244. https://doi.org/10.2307/256481
- Jeong E.G., Hwang Y.S., A Study on the Evaluation of Universal Design Features in Rehabilitation's Hospital Lobby Space. Korean Institute of Spatial Design. 4(2):71-78, 2009.
- Jeong J.H., Kim J.S., Kim G.H., The Risk Factors Influencing Turnover Intention of Nurses. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society. 14(1):35-44, 2008.
- Choe S.I., Seong M.H,. Relationships among professional identity, role conflict and job satisfaction of nurses in emergency department(ED). The Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society. 15(6):3725 -3733, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3725
- Ham J.H., The Relation among Nurses' experience of verbal Abuse, Social Support and Their Turnover Intention, Unpublished master's thesis, Ajou National University, Seoul, 2013.
- Choi H.S., Factors Influencing Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention of Physician Assistant in General Hospitals, Unpublished master's thesis, DongA National University, Pusan, 2013.
- Kim M.S., Park S.Y., Development of a Role Conflict Scale for Clinical Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing. 25(4):741-750, 1995.
- Altier, M. E., & Krsek, C. A. Effects of a 1-year residency program on job satisfaction and retention of new graduate nurses. Journal for Nurses in Staff Development. 22(2): 70-77, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/00124645-200603000-00006
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurse (1998). scope and standards of advanced clinical practice in rehabilitation nursing. Development for Standards for Nursing Education and Practice guideline for NNA. ICN, 1998.
- Slavitt, D. B., Stamps, P. L., Piedmont, E. B., & Hasse, A. M. B. Nurses' satisfaction with their work situation. Nursing Research. 27(2):114-120, 1978.
- Pauline C. Beecroft, Frederick Dorey Made Wenten. Turnover intention in new graduate nurse; a multivariate analysis. Journal of Advanced Nursing. 62(1):41-52, 2007.
- Mobley, W. H. Some unanswered questions in turnover and withdrawal research. A cademy of managemnet Review. 7(1):111-116, 1982.
- Smith, M. (1999). Rehabilitation in Adult Nursing Practice London: Churchill Livingstone.
- Importance-performance Analysis of Patients' and Nurses' perspectives on Rehabilitation Nursing Services vol.19, pp.1, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7587/kjrehn.2016.43