- Volume 16 Issue 6
For understanding of terminology related to u-Health and activating u-Health industry, it is required to develop u-Health standard terminology for communication. The purpose of this study is to develop u-Health standard terminology and provides guidelines for terminology standardization in order to develop the u-Health standard terminology. We finally developed the 187 u-Health standard terminology through the process of data acquisition, term extraction, term refinement, term selection and term management based on reports, glossary and Telecommunications Technology Association (TTA) standards about u-Health. As a result, the standard terminology and guidelines of u-Health optimized to the domestic environment were suggested. They included details of definition, classification, components, the methods and principles of the process for u-Health standard terminology. Presented in this study, u-Health standard terminology and guidelines for terminology standardization would assist the cost-reducing of employing terminology and management of it, while making information transfer easy. This would make possible promoting efficient development of u-Health industry in general.
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute, u-Healthcare R&D Master plan, Ministry for Health Welfare and Family Affairs, 2008.
- J. Y. Lee, "Current Status and Future Prospects of the u-Health Trial Project" Information & communications policy, vol. 20, no. 21, pp. 25-44, 2008.
- S.-W. Kang, and S.-H. Lee, "Economic Effect and Success Strategy of u-Health" Samsung economics research institute Issue Paper, 2007.
- S.-W. Kang, S.-H. Lee, and Y. S. Ko, "Advent of the Era of u-Health" Samsung economics research institute ICEO Information, 2007.
- Y.-J. Son, S. Jeong, B.-G. Kang, S.-H. Kim, and S.-K. Lee, "Visualization of e-Health Research Topics and Current Trends Using Social Network Analysis," Telemedicine and e-Health, vol. 21, no. 5, pp. 436-442, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2014.0172 https://doi.org/10.1089/tmj.2014.0172
- TTA, "u-Health Service Reference Model, TTAK.KO-10.0463," Telecommunications Technology Association Standard, 2010.
- J.-H. Choi, S.-D. Choi, L.-K. Kim, Y.-W. Park, J.-H. Jeong, H.-J. An, H.-M. Jung, and P. Kim, "Application and Process Standardization of Terminology Dictionary for Defense Science and Technology," The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 247-259, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.8.247 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2011.11.8.247
- S. Kim, and S. Limm, "A Exploratory Study of Standardizing Terminology for Mobile Advertising," The Korean Journal of Advertising vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 49-74, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2015.1.15.49
- H. Hwang, J.-H. Kim, and B.-H. Moon, "Standardization of IEC Terminologies Based on a Matrix Classification System " Standardization of IEC Terminologies Based on a Matrix Classification System vol. 64, no. 4, pp. 515-522, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5370/kiee.2015.64.4.515
- H. Lee, Y. Song, H. Woo, and M. Lee, "Preliminary Research for Standardization of Clinical Terminology System for Occupational Therapy," Journal of Korean Society of Occupational Therapy, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 121-133, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14519/jksot.2014.22.4.10 https://doi.org/10.14519/jksot.2014.22.4.10
- S.-K. Lee, S. Jeong, H.-G. Kim, and Y.-H. Yom, "A social network analysis of research topics in Korean nursing science," Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, vol. 41, no. 5, pp. 623-632, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.5.623 https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2011.41.5.623
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute. Data dictionary for IT Health. Available from: http://www.khidi.or.kr/mit/dictionary (accessed April, 4, 2015)
- American Telemedicine Association. Telemedicine/Telehealth Terminology. Available from: http://www.americantelemed.org/ (accessed April, 4, 2015)
- S. Jeong, and H.-G. Kim, "Intellectual structure of biomedical informatics reflected in scholarly events," Scientometrics, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 541-551, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11192-010-0166-z https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-010-0166-z
- S. Lee, S.-J. Song, S. Koh, S. K. Lee, and H.-g. Kim, "National Medical Terminology Server in Korea," Security-Enriched Urban Computing and Smart Grid, pp. 541-544: Springer, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-16444-6_67 https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-642-16444-6_67
- K.-Y. Jee, Healthcare in ubiquitous era: Jinhan M&B, 2005.
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute, Field Studies on the Pilot Project of u-Health, Ministry for Health Welfare and Family Affairs, 2009.
- TTA, ICT Standardization Roadmap 2010, Telecommunications Technology Association 2010.
Supported by : 한국전자통신연구원