- Volume 16 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Intoxication in SNS and Stress of university life on the Adaption of university Life among university students
대학생의 SNS 중독 및 대학생활 스트레스가 대학생활 적응에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2015.02.25
- Accepted : 2015.06.11
- Published : 2015.06.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of intoxication in SNS and stress of university life on the adaption of university life among university students and presents basic data for helping healthy adaption of university life. A survey was held to the university students in Seoul and Chungcheong cities from October 6 to October 17, 2014. of 235 copies of the questionnaire distributed, a total of 213 copies were in the final analysis. For data analysis, SPSS 21.0 for Windows was used. As a result, there were correlations between variables, the adaption of University life of university students were affected by the intoxication in SNS and stresses of university life. and the largest effect was the academic problem. In conclusion, it is need to development program and counseling with considering academic satisfaction for improving adaption of university life.
- N. Y. Kim, A study on relationship among stress, social support, and life satisfaction of University Students. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University. 2011.
- Torsheim, T. Wold, B. School-related stess, support, and subjective health complaints among early adolescents: Multilevel approach. Journal of Adolescence, Vol. 24, pp. 701-713. 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/jado.2001.0440 https://doi.org/10.1006/jado.2001.0440
- K. R. Lee, J. K. Park. Conditions of Adjustment to University and Perception to the Social Support of University Students with Disabilities. The Journal of Special Children Education, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 289-308. 2007. https://doi.org/10.21075/kacsn.2007.9.1.289
- Baker, R. W., Siryk, B. Measuring adjustment to college. Journal of Counseling Psychology, Vol. 31, No. 2, pp. 179-189. 1984. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-022.214.171.124 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0126.96.36.199
- H. J. Kim. The effects of disabled university students' of the social support on adjustment to university, Unpublished master's thesis, Silla University. 2009.
- W. Lee, J. H. Lee, H. N. Lee. A Study on the Relaionship between the Disability Identity of Students with Disabilities and their Adjustment to College:Moderating Effect of Perceived Social Support. Special Education Research, Vol. 10. No. 3. pp. 245-268. 2011. https://doi.org/10.18541/ser.2011.10.10.3.245
- M. H. Park, The Relationships of Life Stress, Self-Efficacy, and College Adjustment among college Students with Disabilities. Korean Journal of Special Education. Vol. 49, No. 1, pp.241-262. 2014. https://doi.org/10.15861/kjse.2014.49.2.241
- Gerdes, H., Mallinckrodt, B. Emotional, social, and academic adjustment of college students: A longitudinal study of retention. Journal of Counseling & Development, Vol. 72, pp. 281-288. 1994. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/j.1556-6676.1994.tb00935.x https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1556-6676.1994.tb00935.x
- Korea Information Society Development Institute. KISDI STAT Report Available From:http://m.kisdi.re.kr/mobile/news/newsview.m?seq=28102&selectPage=2&restep=1305099&category=E (accessed April. 30. 2013)
- E. J. Lee. Twitter as computer-mediated Commuication: Issues and Future Directions. Journal of communication research. Vol. 48, No.1, pp. 29-58. 2011.
- D. H. Nam. The influence of the Interaction on Facebook on the Perceived Intimacy. Unpublished master's thesis. Korea University. 2013.
- National Information Society Agency Korea, Available from: http://www.nia.or.kr/bbs/board_view.asp?boardid=201408061316139485&Order=020103&id=6636 (accessed March.14. 2012).
- I. S. Lee, J. Y. Cho. A Study on Social Networking Service Addiction and Mental Health among Nursing College Students. The Journal of the Korean Society of School Health. Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 22-30. 2012.
- Faul, F., Erdfelder, E., Buchner, A., Lang, A. Statistical power analyses using G*Power 3.1: Tests for correlation and regression analyses. Behavior Research Methods, Vol. 41, pp. 1149-1160. 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3758/BRM.41.4.1149 https://doi.org/10.3758/BRM.41.4.1149
- National Information Society Agency Korea: Korea internet Addiction Center http://www.iapc.or.kr/dia/survey/addDiaSurveyNew.do?dia_type_cd=PAAS. 2011.
- K. K. Chon, K. H. Kim, J. S. Lee. Development of the Revised Life Stress Scae for College Students. Korean journal of health psychology. Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 316-335. 2000.
- Y. J. Lee. The Non-Residential Student's Adaptation to College Life and Career Plans. Unpublished master's thesis. Ewha Womans University. 1999.
- S. J. Pi. The Difference in SNS Addiction possibility, Self-Esteem and Personal Relationship according to SNS Behavior. Unpublished master's thesis. Dankook University. 2013.
- M. H. Park. Relationship of Big Five Personality Factors, Self-esteem and SNS Addiction Tendency in College Students. Unpublished Educational master's thesis. Kyungsung University. 2014.
- N. J. Cho, K. M. Ryu, S. K. Kim. The effect the level of user's commitment on Online games. The Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers. Vol. 2001, No. 4, pp. 411-414. 2001.
- X. Gu. The Effects of Facebook Addiction of College Students on Their Sociality and Self-Identity. Unpublished master's thesis. Sookmyung Women's University. 2013.
- S. S. Oh. A study on the uses and gratifications of Twitter and Facebook. Unpublished master's thesis. Hanyang University. 2010.
- Raacke, J., Bonds-Raacke, J. MySpace and faceboo: applying the uses and gratifications theory to exploring friend-networking sites, Cyberpsychology & Behavior and Social Networking. Vol. 11, pp. 169-174. 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1089/cpb.2007.0056 https://doi.org/10.1089/cpb.2007.0056
- Y. M. Song, H. C. Lee, S. H. Oh. The Longitudinal Study on impact Factors and Change of Peer Relationship of Elementary School Students in Korea. The Journal of Elementary Education. Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 65-86. 2010.
- D. I. Seo. Friend relationship of adolescence. Korean Journal of youth studies. Vol. 10, pp. 5-17. 1992.
- J. S. Baek. Comparison of the Effects of Free Improvisation and Projective Listening on University Students' Stress. Unpublished master's thesis. Myongji University. 2007.
- K. H. Kim. Analysis of Moderated Effects of Acceptance and Committed Action in the Relation between College Life Stress and Psychological Well-being. Unpublished doctoral dissertation. Chonnam National University. 2014.
- K. H. Suh, S. J. Chung, J. H. Koo. Spiritual Well-Being, Life Stress, Depression and Self-Esteem Among College Students. Korean journal of counseling and psychology. Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 1077-1095. 2005.
- S. H. Yoon. The Relation Between Smartphone SNS Usage, Stress, and School Adaptation in Middle School Students. Unpublished master's thesis. Chungbuk National University. 2014.
- M. Kong, Y. J. Kang. A Study on the Influence of College Life Stresses on the Mental Health of College Students-Focus on the college of Pyongtaek city, Journal of Rehabilitation Psychology, Vol.19, No. 1, pp.1-22. 2012.
- H. S. Yang. The Influence of Sport Clubs Participation on College Life Adjustment. Unpublished master's thesis. Kwan Dong University. 2010.
- W. G. Jeong. Effects of Psychological Separation and Adult Attachment on the Student Adaptation to College Life; Using perceived social support level as a medium. Unpublished master's thesis. Daegu University. 2014.
- M. C. Kang. Students who participate in leisure activities with the social support self-elasticity and the impact on college life. Unpublished master's thesis. Kyunghee University. 2013.
- Sandar, Tun. A Study on the Factors which Influence Southeast Asian College Student's Adaption to Korean's life. Unpublished master's thesis. Daegu University. 2012.
- J. H. Kim. The Mediating Effects of Self-control and Health Promoting Lifestyle in the relationship between Life Stress and Adjustment to College Life among College Students. Unpublished master's thesis. Ewha University. 2012.
- E. K. Choi. The Effects on Internet Addiction and Impulsiveness on School Adjustment of Undergraduate Students. Unpublished master's thesis. Hanseo University. 207.
- H. I. Jang. The Mediating Effect of Dysfunctional Beliefs on the Relationship between College Student's Stress and Their Maladjustment. Unpublished master's thesis. Keimyung University. 2009.