- Volume 16 Issue 6
Crash impact test is conducted to verify the crashworthiness of fuel tank. Success of the crash impact test means the improvement of survivability of crews by preventing post-crash fire. But, there is a big risk of failure due to huge external load in the crash impact test. The failure of crash impact test can result in serious delay of a entire rotorcraft development because of the design complement and re-production of the test specimens requiring a long-term preparation. Thus, the numerical simulations of the crash impact test has been required at the early design stage to minimize the possibility of trial-and-error in the real test. Present study conducts on the numerical simulation of phase I crash impact test using SPH supported by crash simulation software, LS-DYNA. Test condition of MIL-DTL-27422 is reflected on analysis and material data is acquired by specimen test of fuel cell material. As a result, the crash load on the skin material, overlap area and metal fitting is estimated to confirm the possibility of acquisition of the design load for the determination of the overlap area and adhesive strength.
Fuel tank LS-DYNA;SPH(Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamic)
- Hyun-gi Kim, Sung Chan Kim, Jong-Won Lee, In-Hee Hwang, Jang Wook Hue, Dong Woo Shin, Pil Sun Jun, Tae Kyung Jung, Byung Kun Ha, "Assessment of crashworthiness performance for fuel tank of rotorcraft", Journal of the Korean Society for Aeronautical and Space Sciences, 38(8), pp.806-812, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2010.38.8.806 https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2010.38.8.806
- Ugone, Mary L., "Meling, John E., Snider, Jack D., Gause, Neal J., Carey, Alice F., Acquisition: Fuel Cells of the V-22 Osprey Joint Advanced Vertical Aircraft", D-2003-013, 2002.
- Cheng Luo, Hua Liu, Jia-ling Yang, "Simulation and analysis of crashworthiness of fuel tank for helicopters", Chinese journal of aeronautics, 20(3), pp.230-235, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S1000-9361(07)60037-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/S1000-9361(07)60037-5
- Hyun-gi Kim, Sung Chan Kim, Jong-Won Lee, In-Hee Hwang, Kyung-Soo Kim, "Numerical simulation of crash impact test for fuel tank of rotorcraft", Journal of Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 24(5), pp.521-530, 2011.
- Hyun-gi Kim, Sung Chan Kim, Jong-Won Lee, In-Hee Hwang, "A study on configuration optimization for rotorcraft fuel cells based on neural network", Journal of Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, 25(1), pp.51-56, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2012.25.1.051 https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2012.25.1.051
- J.J. Monaghan, "Smoothed Particle Hydrodynamics", Annual Review of Astronomy and Astrophysics, 30, pp.543-574, 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1146/annurev.aa.30.090192.002551 https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.aa.30.090192.002551
- J.J. Monaghan, R.A. Gingold, "Shock Simulation by the Particle Method SPH", Journal of Computational Physics, 52(2), pp.374-389, 1983. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0021-9991(83)90036-0 https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9991(83)90036-0
- Philipp Hahn, "On the Use of Meshless Methods in Acoustic Simulations", University of Wisconsin-Madison, Thesis of Master, 2009.
- U.S.Army Aviation and Missile Command, "Detail Specification for the Tank, Fuel, Crash-Resistant, Ballistic-Tolerant, Aircraft, MIL-DTL-27422D", 2007.
Grant : Virtual Test 기반 항공기 내추락 설계/해석 기술개발사업
Supported by : 기초기술연구회