- Volume 16 Issue 6
The paper describes the integrated design system using MDO and approximation technique. In MDO related research, final target is an integrated and automated MDO framework systems. However, in order to construct the integrated design system, the prerequisite condition is how much save computational cost because of iterative process in optimization design and lots of data information in CAD/CAE integration. Therefore, this paper presents that an efficient approximation method, Adaptive approximation, is a competent strategy via MDO framework systems.
Adaptive approximation;Approximation technique;CAD/CAE integration;MDO(Multidisciplinary Design Optimization);Optimization design
- iDOT Homepage, Available From: http://idot.hanyang.ac.kr
- FVRC Homepage, Available From:, http://fvrc.snu.ac.kr
- S. O. Cho, J. Y. Hwang, et al, Overview of Framework and Databese Deveopment for Multidisciplinary Design Interated Environment, Journal of KSAS, Vol. 29, pp. 149-160, 2001.
- Engineous.com Homepage, http://www.enginous.com
- Phonex Integration Homepage, Available From: ,http://www.phonix-int.com
- Braun, R., D., Collaborative Optimization: An Architecture for Large-Scale Distributed Design, Ph.D. Dissertation, Stanford University, 1996.
- S. Y. Lee, A Study of Structural Strength Assessment under Fire Situation, MS Thesis, Seoul National University, 2004.
- Y. S. Yang, Y. S. Seo, J. O. Lee, Structural Reliability Engineering, Seoul National University Press, 1999.
- Y. S. Yang, B. S. Jang et al, Managing approximation models in Multiobjective optimization, Structural and multidisciplinary Optimization, Vol. 24, 2002.
- B. S. Jang, Managing Approximation Model in Collaborative Optimization, Ph.D. Dissertation, Seoul National University, 2002.
- Balling, R. J., and Sobieszczanski-Sobieski, J., An Algorithm for Solving the System-Level Problem in Multilevel Optimization, Structural Optimization, vol. 9, pp. 168-177, 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF01743966 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01743966