- Volume 43 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Current Status and Future Tasks of the Landscape Resources Survey in Korea
국내 경관자원 조사 현황과 향후 과제
- Joo, Shin-Ha (Dept. of Horticulture, Biotechnology & Landscape Architecture, Seoul Women's University) ;
- Shin, Yunji (Dept. of Horticulture, Graduate School of Seoul Women's University)
- Received : 2015.02.09
- Accepted : 2015.05.29
- Published : 2015.06.30
This study reviews the current status of the Korean landscape resources survey and foreign cases in order to determine the meaning and importance of it. Several cases are compared based on the evaluation method, the evaluation criteria and the application plan. Twelve domestic cases of landscape resources survey are reviewed to understand the current status and limitations of the Korean status, and 5 foreign cases to determine the implications for the Korean system. As the result of the analysis, some implications are drawn for domestic landscape resource system. First of all, it is suggested to establish more objective criteria to evaluate and select landscape resources. Various values of landscape resources should be included into the criteria and more people, as well as experts, should participate to reflect local conditions. Secondly, the management for the landscape resources must be implemented continuously. It is important to introduce a periodic reassessment system and to construct and manage a database of the landscape resources. Lastly, the landscape resource system should be integrated into other programs such as an environmental impact assessment and landscape planning. For a better landscape resource management system and efficient evaluation, resources should be comprehensively managed including various landscape types. It is essential to establish supporting policies and legislation. This research covered only the current status of the landscape resource survey and reviewed a limited number of foreign cases. Despite these limitations, it is meaningful for showing the importance of landscape resource management and to suggest some future tasks for better landscape resources management.
Supported by : 서울여자대학교 자연과학연구소
- Ahn, D. M., S. R. Ahn and Y. H. Jin(1990) A study on the wild and scenic rivers system(I) -American experience, and suggestions for system building in Korea-. Journal of Korean Institute of Landscape Architecture 18(3): 57-70.
- Bahk, H. C., S. C. Lee, S. H. Jeong, S. J. Lee, S. J. Kim and H. J. Park(2010) A study of the shift and the difference in perceptions on urban landscape of Seoul. Journal of the Seoul Institute 11(4): 33-49.
- Han, K. S.(1999) Development of Rural Resources Evaluation System on the Village Level. Ph. D. Dissertation. Chonnam National University. Korea.
- Han, S. H.(2003) Landscape Information Acquisition and Visualization Technique in the Rural Landscape Planning. A Master Thesis. Chonnam National University. Korea.
- Hwang, I. S.(2007) An Introductory Study on the Development of Scenic Byway. Changwon: Gyeongnam Development Institute.
- Joo, S. H.(2014) The current status and limitations of the national landscape resource system, The estimation and current status of the national landscape resource : Proceeding of the Symposium for the National Landscape Policy. pp. 73-88.
- Joo, S. H. and Y. H. Kim(2010) A study on the present condition of landscape planning by the landscape law. Journal of Korea Landscape Council 2(2): 20-31.
- Kim, G. Y.(2012) Analysis of Citizen's Cognition for Landscape Resources in Daegu City. A Master Thesis. Catholic University of Daegu. Daegu. Korea.
- Kim, H. C., J. H. Park, S. I. Jang, J. H. Jeong, J. E. Gang and C. W. Oh(2008) Development of an Assessment Method for Scenic Road. Suwon: Gyeonggi Research Institute.
- Kim, H. H.(2011) A Study on Policeman Resources Recognition Characteristic by the Participation Subject: Focusing on Andong City. A Master Thesis. Daegu University. Daegu. Korea.
- Kim, S. B., S. J. Lee and S. Y. Lee(2008) Landscape design for the rural village - A case study of Naegokri, Yeohang-myoen, Hamangun. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning 14(1): 59-71.
- Kim, S. H.(2011) A Study on Landscape Planning System in Rural Village Area: Focused on Resource Investigation and Evaluation. Ph. D. Dissertation. Seoul National University. Seoul. Korea.
- Korea Forest Research Institute(2012) The Survey and Landscape Planning for the Forest Landscape Resources. Seoul.
- Lee, J. W., J. O. Yoon and S. B. Im(2010) A study on a research method measuring rural landscape resources by inhabitants participation: Focused on a case study using landscape evaluation map. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning 16(4): 13-22.
- Ministry of Security and Public Administration, Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism, Ministry for Food, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries, Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea Forest Service(2014) The Guideline for Landscape Planning.
- Park, E. Y. and B. R. Yoo(2009) Master plan for Jeju Sanghyo botanical garden using local landscape resources. Journal of Korean Society of Rural Planning 15(4): 173-182.
- Park, M. H. and S. W. Yang(2014) An Analysis on the Landscape Resources and View Points in Seoul by the Internet Photos. Seoul: The Seoul Institute.
- Park, S. M.(2011) A Study on Characteristic Analysis of Regional Resources for Setting Up Landscape Design Plans. A Master Thesis. Kyungpook National University. Daegu. Korea.
- Rural Research Institute(2003) A Study of the Policy for Rural Landscape Houses and Remodeling of the Rural Villages. Sejong: Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Song, T. G. and S. B. Kim(2012) An effective scenery improvement plan considering resource characteristic of forest landscape: Focusing on Jeollanam-do. Journal of the Korean Regional Development Association 37(2): 23-38.
- U.S. Department of Interior(1979) Some Things You should Know about National Wild and Scenic Rivers Designation, Heritage Conservation and Recreation Service.
- http://whc.unesco.org/, UNESCO World Heritage.
- http://www.bywaysonline.org/, National Scenic Byway.
- http://www.fao.org/giahs/en, Globally Important Agricultural Heritage systems (GIAHS).
- http://www.knps.or.kr/knpshp/add/apps/apps02.html, Top 100 Natural Wonders in Korea.
- http://www.naas.go.kr/amenity/, Survey of the Rural Amenity Resources.
- http://www.rivers.gov/, National Wild and Scenic Rivers.
- http://www.seoul.go.kr/seoul/seoul_gallery/photogallery/prospect50/list01.html, Great View Points in Seoul.