- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Impact factor of cognition and practice of infection control in the dental hygienists
일부 지역 치과위생사의 감염관리 인지 및 실천 영향요인
Jeong, Ho-Jin;Lee, Jung-Hwa
- Received : 2015.02.03
- Accepted : 2015.06.03
- Published : 2015.06.30
Objectives: The purpose of this study is to investigate the cognition and practice of infection control in the dental hygienists. Methods: A self-reported questionnaire was completed by 220 dental hygienists in Busan and Gyeongnam from August 1 to 31, 2014. The questionnaire was adapted from Nam. The questionnaire consisted of four questions of the general characteristics of the subjects, two questions of infection control factors, four questions of clinic environment, 50 questions of awareness of infection control, and 50 questions of infection control practice. Cronbach's alpha in the awareness of infection control was 0.958 and that in infection control practice was 0.950. Results: The dental hygienists in the large scale hospitals tended to have higher score of cognition and practice of infection control thatn those in the small scale hospitals(p<0.001). Small scale hospitals tended to have lower infection rate than the large scale hospitals. The education for the infection control guideline reduced the infection prevalence rate. Conclusions: In order to reduce the infection prevalence rate, it is necessary to educate the dental hygienists continuously and to provide the infection control guideline to the dental clinics.
cognition;dental hygienist;infection control;practice
- Kang JK, Kim ES, Kim KM. Study on the infection control and dental waste disposal in dental clinic located in Seoul city. J Dent Hyg Sci 2002; 2(2): 105-13.
- Yoon MS, Choi MS. The analysis of the prevention against virus infection in dental hygienist at medical treatment. J Dent Hyg Sci 2007; 7(2): 101-6.
- Cho YJ, Yoon SJ, Ahn HS, Kim SD, Park HK. A study on infection control practices among dental hygienists. Quality Improvement In Health Care 2003; 10(2): 190-203.
- Su J, Deng XH, Sun Z. A 10-year survey of compliance with recommended procedures for infection control by dentists in Beijing. Int Dent J 2012; 62(3): 148-53. http://dx.doi.org.10.1111/j.1875595x.2011.00107. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1875-595X.2011.00107.x
- Kim HG, Lee SJ. The control of transmissible diseases in dental practice in Seoul, Korea. J Dent Korea Assoc 1995; 33(4): 291-96.
- Moon HS. A study on the health status of dentists. J Korean Acad Dent Health 1992; 16(1): 53-73.
- Nam YS. Analysis on relevant factors in practice of prevention for infections in dental clinics-(focusing on dental hygienists). J Dent Hyg Sci 2008; 8(3): 189-98.
- Park JH, Heo NS, Song HJ. A study of current infection control by dental hygienists and related factors. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2011; 11(6): 993-1003.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare. Dental hospital accreditation program. : Ministry of Health & welfare; 2014: 1-10.
- Lee JH. A survey of cognition on infection control of the clients in dental hospital. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2013; 13(2): 249-60. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.2.249
- Park JH, Jang KA. The knowledge of infection control, practice and performance of dental hygienists. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 12(5): 953-61. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.5.953
- Woo SH, Kwag JS, Ju OJ, Lim KO. A study on the implementation of infection control at dental offices. J Korean Acad Dent Hyg Edu 2009; 9(3): 282-93.
- Nam YS, Park MS. A study on practice level of infection prevention of dental hygienists in dental clinics. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2010; 34(2): 187-97.
- Eom S, Kim GW. Infection control realities and relevant factors in dental hygienists. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2012; 12(2): 379-89. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.2.379
- Survey on the uniform management of dental hygienist vol.16, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.04.517