- Volume 28 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Sciences in the Song and Yuan Dynasties II
송·원대의 과학에 대하여 II -금에서 원으로-
- Jin, Yuzi (Dept. of Applied Math. College of science, Jilin Institute of Chemical Technology) ;
- Kim, Young Wook (Dept. of Math., Korea Univ.)
- Received : 2015.04.02
- Accepted : 2015.05.12
- Published : 2015.06.30
This survey is the second part of the history of science of Song and Yuan dynasties and will covers the period from Jin to Yuan. Following the first part, we look at the calendrical astronomy, mathematics and medicine. In this survey we again follow Yabuuchi's work on the history of science of Song and Yuan period and Du Shiran's work on the history of science of China. We start from the sciences and mathematics of Jin which inherited those of Northern Song and see how they influenced the whole China including Yuan and Southern Song. As a conclusion the tendency to practical usages in the Southern Song as well as the suppression of Han people in Yuan prevented developments of theoretical sciences in Yuan and Ming later.
- Du Shiran (ed.), The History of Science and Technology in China, 2 volumes, Kexue Chubanshe, 1982. 杜石然外編著, 中國科學技術史稿, 2冊, 科學出版社, 1982.
- Kim Young Wook, The Development of Science and Technology of Song-Yuan Period in China, Korea University, 2012. 김영욱, <宋.元代中國과학기술의 발전>, 고려대학교, 2012.
- Kim Young Wook, Sciences in the Song and Yuan Dynasties I, Journal for History of Mathematics 28(1) (2015) 1-14. 김영욱, 송.원대의 과학에 대하여 I, 한국수학사학회지 28(1) (2015) 1-14. https://doi.org/10.14477/jhm.2015.28.1.001
- Li Yan, Du Shiran, Chinese Mathematics (tr. J. Crossley and A. Lun), Oxford Science Pub., 1987.
- NEEDHAM, J., Science and Civilisation in China, Cambridge, 1954.
- YABUUCHI Kiyoshi (ed.), The History of Science and Technology in Song-Yuan Period, Hoyu Shoten, Kyoto, 1997. 藪內淸偏著, <宋元時代の科學技術史>, 朋友書店, 京都, 1997.