- Volume 35 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparison of Agronomic Characteristics, Forage Production and Quality of Kenaf (Hongma 300), Maize (Kwangpyeongok) and Sorghum × Sudangrass Hybrids (Jumbo) in Middle Region of Korea
중부지역에서 케나프(홍마 300), 옥수수(광평옥) 및 수수×수단그라스 교잡종(점보)의 생육특성, 수량성 및 품질비교
- Hwang, Tae-Young (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Ji, Hee Chung (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Kim, Ki Yong (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hoon (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Lee, Ki-Won (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA) ;
- Choi, Gi Jun (National Institute of Animal Science, RDA)
- 황태영 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 지희정 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 김기용 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 이상훈 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 이기원 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원) ;
- 최기준 (농촌진흥청 국립축산과학원)
- Received : 2015.05.22
- Accepted : 2015.06.06
- Published : 2015.06.30
This study was conducted from 2013 to 2014 in the middle region of Korea to compare the agronomic characteristics, forage production, and quality of kenaf, maize, and a sorghum
Grant : 국내외사료 자원 수집, 보존, 특성평가 및 신작목 개발
Supported by : 농촌진흥청
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis, 15th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington DC.
- Gangstad, E.O. 1964. Physical and chemical composition of grass sorghum as related to palatability. Crop Science 4:269-270. https://doi.org/10.2135/cropsci1964.0011183X000400030009x
- Goering, H.K. and Van Soest, P.J. 1970. Forage fiber analysis. Ag. Handbook. No. 379. ARS, USDA: Washington DC.
- Holland, C., Kezar, W., Kautz, W.P., Lazowski, E.J., Mahanna, W. C. and Reinjart, R. 1990. The pioneer forage manual. A nutritional guide. Pioneer Hi-Bred International Incorporation, Des Moines, LA.
- Hollowell, J.E., Baldwin, B.S. and Lang, D.L. 1996. Evaluation of kenafs a potential forage for the southern United States. 8th Annual International Kenaf Conference. 34-38.
- Jin, C.W., Park, H.J., Eom, S.H., Kim, B.W., Sung, K.I. and Cho, D.H. 2007. Physiological characteristics of kenaf (Hibiscus cannabinus L.). Journal of the Korean Grassland and Forage Science. 27:79-84. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2007.27.2.079
- Kang, C.H., Yu, Y.J., Choi, K.H., Kim, H.J., Shin, Y.K., Lee, G.J., Ko, D.Y., Song, Y.J. and Kim, C.K. 2014. Development of stable culture techniques for kenaf (Hibiscus cannabinus L.). Korean Journal Crop Science. 59:375-384. https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2014.59.3.375
- Kang, S.Y., Kim, P.G., Kang, Y.K., Kang, B.K., U.Z.K., Riu, K.Z. and Song, H.S. 2004. Growth, yield and photosynthesis of introduced kenaf cultivars in Korea. Korea Journal of Plant Resources. 17:139-146.
- Kim, B.H., Moon, Y.H. and Shin, J.N. 1992. Comparison of productivity of various silage corn varieties I. Growth characteristics and dry matter yield of different part of silage corns. Journal of the Korean Grassland and Forage Science. 12:178-184.
Kwon, C.H., Kim, E.J. and Cho, S. 2014. Effects of BMR variety and corn grain (grounded) supplement on silage quality of sorghum
$\times$sudan hybrids. Journal of the Korean Grassland and Forage Science. 34:240-246. https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2014.34.4.240
- Lam, T.B.T., Hori, K. and Iiyama, K. 2003. Structural characteristics of cell walls of kenaf (Hibiscus cannabinus L.) and fixation of carbon dioxide. Journal of Wood Science. 49:255-261. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10086-002-0469-7
- MAFRA. 2014. Forage production and utilization for animal production. Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs.
- Moore, R.E. 1970. Procedure for the two-stage in vitro digestion of forage. University of Florida, Department of Animal Science
- Phillips, W.A., McCollum, F.T. and Fitch, G.Q. 1999. Kenaf dry matter production, chemical composition, and in situ disappearance when harvested at different intervals. Professional Animal Scientist. 15:34-39. https://doi.org/10.15232/S1080-7446(15)31721-6
- Suriyajantratong, W., Tucker, R.E., Sigafus, R.E. and Mitchell, G.E. 1973. Kenaf and rice straw for sheep. Jorunal of Animal Science. 37:1251-1254.
- Swingle, R.S., Urias, A.R., Doyle, J.C. and Voigt, R.L. 1978. Chemical composition of kenaf forage and its digestibility by lambs and in vitro. Jorunal of Animal Science. 46:1346-1350.
- Tilley, J.M.A. and Terry, R.A. 1963. A two-stage technique for the in vitro digestion of forage crops. Journal of British Grassland Society. 18:104-111. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2494.1963.tb00335.x
- Webber, C.L. III. 1993a. Yield components of five kenaf cultivar. Agronomy Journal. 85:533-535. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1993.00021962008500030002x
- Webber, C.L. III. 1993b. Crude protein and yield components of six kenaf cultivars as affected by cropmaturity. Industrial Crop and Products. 2:27-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/0926-6690(93)90007-V
- Effects of Seeding and Organic Fertilizer Rates and Harvest time on Kenaf Yield and Feed Value vol.38, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.5333/KGFS.2018.38.2.91