- Volume 14 Issue 3
The Direct Metal Tooling (DMT) process is a kind of additive manufacturing processes, which is developed using various commercial steel powders, such as P20, P21, SUS420, and other non-ferrous metal powders. The DMT process is a versatile process that can be applied to various fields, such as the molding industry, the medical industry, and the defense industry. Among them, the application of the DMT process to the molding industry is one of its most attractive and practical applications, since the conformal cooling channel cores of injection molds can be fabricated at a slightly expensive cost by using the hybrid fabrication method of DMT technology compared with parts fabricated with machining technology. The main objectives of this study are to provide various characteristics of the parts made using the DMT process compared with the same parts machined from bulk materials and evaluate the performance of the injection mold equipped with a conformal cooling channel core fabricated using the hybrid method of the DMT process.
금속직접조형;적층가공;형상적응형 냉각채널;하이브리드 조형방식
- Wohlers Associates: Wohlers Report 2015 3D Printing and Additive Manufacturing State of the Industry, Wohlers Associates. Inc. 2015, 28-39.
- Ko. H. J., Kim, H. C, Yoon, H. R., and Lee, I. H, "Prototyping for MID Cruise Control Switch," Proceeding of the KSMPE Spring Conference, pp.108, 2013.
- Woo, S. G, Lee, I. H, Kim, H. C., Lee, K. C., and Cho, H. Y, "Development of a Photopolymer-based Flexible Tactile Sensor using Layered Fabrication and Direct Writing," Journal of the Korean Society of Manufacturing Process Engineers, Vol.13 No.2, pp.8-14, 2014.
- Dalgano, K.W. and Stewart, T.D.: Manufacturing of production injection mould tooling incorporating conformal cooling channels via indirect selective laser sintering, Proceedings of the institution of Mechanical Engineers Part B, Journal of Engineering Manufacture, Vol. 215 (2001), 1323-1332. https://doi.org/10.1243/0954405011519042
- Knights, M.: Rapid tooling is easy for prime time, Feature Article in Plastic Technology, March 2005.
- Kim, J.D., Hong, S.K., Lee, K.H., Kim, M.A., Lee, D.K.: Implementation of 3-Dimensional Cooling Channel in Injection Mold Using RT Technology, Proceeding of Autumn Symposium of Korean Society for Precision Engineering, 2006, 199-200.
- Seo, J.H., Lee, C.W., Woo, S.S., Kim, J.S., Kim, D.J., Kwak, D.W., and Oh, E.T.: Application of DMT Technology for High-Performance Multi-Material Metal Part Fabrication, A Research paper (govp1200513978), 2005, Ministry of Science and Technology.
연구 과제번호 : DMT(Direct Metal Tooling) 적층기술을 활용한 핵심활용분야에 대한 최적공정기술 및 응용기술 개발(1/1)