- Volume 49 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Factors Affecting Sharing of Research Data of Science and Technology Researchers
과학기술분야 연구자의 연구데이터 공유의 영향요인에 대한 연구
- Received : 2015.04.23
- Accepted : 2015.05.16
- Published : 2015.05.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate factors affecting the sharing of research data of science and technology researchers. Data was collected through a survey of 198 science and technology researchers. Independent variables in this study included perception, openness in communication, collaboration, and trust. Latent variable was selected as reward system and dependent variable was research data sharing. The results of analysis of structural equation modeling showed that perception were found to have a positive impact on reward system for data sharing for research. Other factors such as trust, openness in communication and collaboration were not statistically significant in their affect on reward system for data sharing. Finally, reward system was identified as the influential factor on research data sharing.
Research Data;Knowledge Sharing;Knowledge Management
- 권태형. 2000. 지식경영과 조직성과: 지식 이전 공유 시스템에 대한 조건모형과 전략 - "무임승차"문제의 사회경제적 접근방법. 한국지식경영학회, 4: 213-225.(Kwon, Tae-Hyeong. 2000. "Condition Model and Strategies For Successful Knowledge Cntribution and Sharing Systems - a Socioeconomic approach to the free-rider problem." The Knowledge management Society of Korea, 4: 213-225.)
- 김선태, 한선화, 이태영, 김용. 2010. 과학데이터 보존 및 활용모델에 관한 연구. 한국비블리아학회지, 21(4): 81-93.(Kim, Sun-Tae, Hahn, Sun-Hwa, Lee, Tae-young and Kim, Yong. 2010. "A Study on a Model for Using and Preserving Scientific Data." Journal of Korean Biblia Society for libray and Information Science, 21(4): 81-93.)
- 김성희. 2001. 지식공유에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구. 한국기록관리학회지, 1(2): 81-100.(Kim, Seong-Hee. 2001. "A Study on Factors influencing for knowledge Sharing." Journal of Korean Society of rchives and Recoards Management, 1(2): 81-100.)
- 김효근, 권희영, 정성휘. 2001. 조직의 지식경영 준비도 측정도구 개발에 관한 연구. 지식경영연구, 2(1): 45-62.(Kim, Hyo Geun, Kwon, Hui Yeong and Jeong, Seong Hwi. 2001. "Development of an Instrument to Measure the Readiness of an Organization for Knowledge Management." Knowledge Management Society, 2(1): 45-62.)
- 마은경, 김명숙. 2005. 공공기관 내 구성원간의 지식공유에 관한 연구: 사회교환이론 관점에서. Information System review, 7(1): 195-215.(Ma, Eun-Kyung and Kim, Myung sook. 2005. "An Empirical Study on Knowledge Sharing among Individuals in Public Institutions: A Social Exchange Theory Approach." Information Systems Review, 7(1): 195-215.)
- 박태호. 2002. 지식공유의 선행요인과 지식공유가 혁신행동에 미치는 영향. 박사학위논문, 경성대학교 대학원 경영학과.(park, Tae-Ho. 2002. The influence of knowledge sharing and its antecedent factors on innovative behavior. Ph.D. diss., Kyungsung University School of Business.)
- 서울대학교. 2010. 서울대학교 연구윤리 지침. 서울: 서울대학교.(National Seoul University. 2010. Seoul National University Guideline for Research ethics.)
- 오을임, 김구. 2004. 공무원간의 관계성이 지식공유 활성화에 미치는 영향. 지역발전연구, 9: 1-20.(Oh, ul-Im and Kim, Gu. 2004. Impact of Inter-Officials' Relationship on Knowledge Sharing. Regional Development Research Institute Korea, 9: 1-20.)
- 김지현. 2012. 대학 내 연구자들의 연구데이터 관리에 관한 연구. 한국도서관.정보학회지, 43(3): 433-455.(Kim, Ji-Hyun. 2012. "A Study on University Researchers' Data Management Practices." Journal of Korea Library and Information Science Society, 43(3): 433-455.)
- 이홍재, 차용진. 2007. 평가 및 보상이 지식창출과 공유 활동에 미치는 영향 - 중앙 행정기관을 중심으로. 한국정보관리학회, 24(1): 55-74.(Lee, Hong-Jae and Cha, Young-Jin. 2007. "A Study on the Influence of Organizational Culture on the Knowledge Management: With Focus on the Central Government Officials' Perceptions." Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 24(1): 55-74.) https://doi.org/10.3743/KOSIM.2007.24.1.055
- 황혜경. 2007. 학술정보유통의 새로운 패러다임 '오픈액세스'. 과학과 기술, 40(2): 78-81.(Hwang, Hye-Kyoung. 2007. "The new paradigm of scholarly information disseminatin 'open access'." The Science & Technology, 40(2): 78-81.)
- ACRL Scholarly Communications Committee. 2007. "Establishing a research agenda for scholarly communication: A call for community engagement." Association of College and Research Libraries.
- Amabile, T. M. 1998. "How to kill creativity." Harvard Business Review, 76(5): 77-87.
- Andrews, Kate M. and Brian L. Delahaye. 2000. "Influences on knowledge processes in organizational learning: The psychosocial filter." Journal of Management studies, 37(6): 797-810. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-6486.00204
- Aroian, L. A. 1944/1947. "The probability function of the product of two normally distributed variables." Annals of Mathematical Statistics, 18: 265-271. https://doi.org/10.1214/aoms/1177730442
- Baron, R. M. and Kenny, D. A. 1986. "The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations." Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 51: 1173-1182. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.1243
- Blau, P. 1964. Exchange and power in social life. New York: Wiley.
- Bock, G. and Kim, Y. G. 2002. "Breaking the Myths of Rewards: An Exploratory Study of Attitudes about Knowledge Sharing." Information Resources Management Journal, 15(2): 14-21. https://doi.org/10.4018/irmj.2002040102
- Butler, J. K. 1999. "Trust Expectations, Information Sharing, Climate of Trust, and Negoriation Effectiveness and Efficiency," Gruop & Organizational Management, 24(2): 217-238. https://doi.org/10.1177/1059601199242005
- Cannon-Bowers, Janis A., and Salas, Eduardo. 2001. "Reflections on shared cognition." Journal of Organizational Behavior, 22(2): 195-202. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.82
- Chakravarthy, B. S. 1997. "A new strategy framework for coping with turbulence." Sloan Management Review, 38(2): 69-83.
- Cook, J. and Toby, W. 1980. "New work attitude measures of trust, organizational commitment and personal need non-fulfilment." Journal of occupational psychology, 53(1): 39-52. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8325.1980.tb00005.x
- Chakravarth, G., Zaheer, A. and Zaheer, S. 1999. "Knowledge Sharing in Organizations: A Field Study." Organization Science Research Workshop on Management, 327-342.
- Cress, U., Barquero, B., Schwan, S. and Hesse, F. W. 2007. "Improving quality and quantity of contributions: Two models for promoting knowledge exchange with shared databases." Computers and Education, 49: 423-440. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2005.10.003
Crow, Raym. 2002. "The case for institutional repositories: a SPARC position paper." ARL Bimonthly Report. [online] [cite 2014. 3. 2.]
- Davenport, T. H. De Long, D. and Beers, M. 1998. "Successful knowledge management projects." Sloan Management Review, 39(2): 43-57.
- Davenport, T. H. and Volpel, S. C. 2001. "The rise of knowledge towards attention management." Journal of Knowledge Management, 5(3): 22-221.
- DeLone, W. and McLean, E. 1992. "Information Systems Success: The Quest for dependent Variable." Information Systems Research, 3(1): 60-95. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.3.1.60
- Glazer, Rashi. 1998. "Measuring the Knower: TOWARDS A THEORY OF KNOWLEDGE EQUITY." California management review, 40(3).
- Goodman, L. A. 1960. "On the exact variance of products." Journal of the American Statistical Association, 55: 708-713. https://doi.org/10.1080/01621459.1960.10483369
- Gustad, John W. 1960. "The career decisions of college teachers: a report of research in the southern region." Southern Regional Education Board, 2.
- Hargadon, Andrew. 1998. "Firms as knowledge brokers." California management review, 40(3): 209-227. https://doi.org/10.2307/41165951
- Hart, Paul and Saunders, Carol. 1997. "Power and trust: Critical factors in the adoption and use of electronic data interchange." Organization science, 8(10): 23-42. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.8.1.23
- Henseler, J., Ringle, C. M. and Sinkovics, R. R. 2009. "The use of partial least squares path modeling in international marketing." New Challenges to International Marketing Advances in International Marketing, 20: 277-319.
- Janowicz, M. and Niels G. N. 2002. The role of trust in interorganizational learning in joint ventures. Tilburg University.
- Kankanhalli A., Tan, B. C. Y. and Wei, K. K. 2005. "Contributing knowledge to electronic knowledge repositories: An empirical investigation." MIS Quarterly, 29(1): 113-143.
- Keltner, Dacher. 1996. "Evidence for the distinctness of embarrassment, shame, and guilt: A study of recalled antecedents and facial expressions of emotion." Cognition & Emotion, 10(2): 155-172. https://doi.org/10.1080/026999396380312
- Krogh, Georg von. 1998. "Care in knowledge creation." California Management Review, 40(3): 133-154. https://doi.org/10.2307/41165947
- Lank, E. 1997. "Leveraging Invisible Assets: The Human Factor." Journal of Long Range Planning, 30(3): 406-412. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0024-6301(97)90258-2
- Liebeskind, J. P. 1996. "Knowledge, strategy, and the theory of the firm." Strategic Management Journal, 17: 93-107. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.4250171109
- Lin, H. F. 2007. "Effects of extrinsic and intrinsic motivation on employee knowledge sharing intentions." Journal of Information Science, 33(2): 135-149. https://doi.org/10.1177/0165551506068174
- Lesser, E. and Prusak, L. 1999. "Communication of Practice, Social Capital and Organizational Knowledge." Information Systems Review (White paper).
- Mohammed, S., Klimoski, R. and Rentsch, Joan R. 2000. "The measurement of team mental models: We have no shared schema." Organizational Research Methods, 3(2): 123-165. https://doi.org/10.1177/109442810032001
- Nelson, Kay M. and Jay G. Cooprider. 1996. "The contribution of shared knowledge to IS group performance." MIS quarterly, 409-432.
- O'Dell. C. and Grayson, C. J. 1998. "If Only We Knew What We Know: Identification and Transfer of Internal Best Practices." California Management Review, 40(3): 154-174. https://doi.org/10.2307/41165948
- OECD. 2007. OECD Principles and Guidelines for Access to Research Data from Public Funding. Paris, France: OECD Publishing.
- Osterloh, M. and Frey, B. S. 2000. "Motivation, knowledge transfer, and organizational forms." Organization Science, 11(5): 538-550. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.11.5.538.15204
- Ryan, R. M. and Deci, E. L. 2000. "Intrinsic and extrinsic motivations: classic definitions and new directions." Contemporary Educational Psychology, 25(1): 54-67. https://doi.org/10.1006/ceps.1999.1020
- Skyrme, D. and Amidon, D. 1997. "The Knowledge Agenda." Journal of Knowledge Management, 1(1): 27-37. https://doi.org/10.1108/13673279710800709
- Sviokla, J. J. 1996. "Knowledge workers and radically new technologies." Sloan Management Review, 37: 25-40.
- Tampoe, Mahen. 1993. "Motivating knowledge workers-the challenge for the 1990s." Long Range Planning, 26(3): 49-55. https://doi.org/10.1016/0024-6301(93)90006-2
- Wasko, M. and Faraj, S. 2005. "Why should I share? Examining social capital and knowldge contribution in electronic networks of practice." MIS Quarterly, 29(1): 35-57.
- Wiig, Karl M. 1997. "Integrating intellectual capital and knowledge management." Long range planning, 30(3): 399-405. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0024-6301(97)90256-9
- Xue, Y., Bradley, J. and Liang, H. 2011. "Ream climate, empowering leadership, and Knowledge sharing." Journal of Knowledge Management, 15(2): 299-312. https://doi.org/10.1108/13673271111119709