- Volume 60 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Ridge Width on Growth and Yield of Proso Millet (Panicum miliaceum L.) in Paddy-Upland Rotation Field
답전윤환지에서 이랑너비에 따른 기장의 생육특성 및 수량
- Yoon, Dong-Kyung ;
- Oh, Seung-Ka ;
- Lee, Byung-Jin ;
- Chun, Hyun-Sik ;
- Jung, Ki-Youl ;
- Kang, Hang-Won ;
- Jeon, Seung-Ho ;
- Cho, Young-Son
- Received : 2015.03.02
- Accepted : 2015.05.19
- Published : 2015.06.30
This study was conducted to serve as a basis for establishing a stable production of proso millet on the rotational paddy-upland field by looking out the physicochemical and moisture characteristics of soil and the growth characteristics of proso millet by ridge width. Plant height showed Manhongchal was the smallest 71.3 cm in 240 cm wide of ridge in the first year, Ibeakchal was the highest 69.7 cm in 60 cm wide in the second year, Hwanggeumchal was the highest 72.8 cm in 60 cm wide in the first year. The retention time of the excess water in the soil during cultivation was extended wider the width of ridge. The variation width of the water content was higher by the wider the width of ridge. Yield components showed the longest ear length were 35.1 cm of Manhongchal, 34.8 cm of Ibeakchal in 60 cm wide of ridge in the first year. As the width of ridge extended, ear weight of all variety increased. 1,000 seed weight of the 60 cm wide of ridge was Manhongchal 6.8%, Ibeakchal 46.2% heavier than the 240 cm wide of ridge. Yield showed Manhongchal 221, Ibeakchal 223, Hwanggeumchal
proso millet;minor cereal;sandy loam soil;excess moisture injury
Bennett, J. M. and S. L. Albrecht. 1984. Drought and flooding effects on
$N_2$fixation, water relations and diffusive resistance of soybean. Agron. J. 76 : 735-740. https://doi.org/10.2134/agronj1984.00021962007600050007x
- Boyer, J. S. 1970. Differing sensitivity of photosynthesis to low leaf water potentials in corn and soybean. Plant Physiol. 46 : 234-239.
- Chae, J. C., S. J. Park, B. H. Kang, and S. H. Kim. 2012. Principles of cultivation. Hyangmunsa. p. 181.
- Cho, J. Y. 2010. Field Cropping IV. Hyangmunsa. pp. 226-237.
- Ha, Y. D. and S. P. Lee. 2011. Characteristics of proteins in italian millet, sorghum and common millet, Korean J. Postharvest Sci Technol. 8(2) : 187-192.
- Kang, M. H. 2009. Weed Occurrnces and Crop Growth in Winter Cover Crop-Minor Cereal Cropping System. Gyeongsang National University.
- Kim, J. I., K. H. Lee, Y. B. Oh, Y. J. Oh, and J. K. Lee. 1993. Crop combinations and rotation years for paddy-upland cropping system in middle part of Korea. Korean J. Crop Sci. 38(4) : 304-311.
- Kim, K. U., D. H. Shin, S. J. Park, J. W. Jeong, and S. S. Hwang. 1995. Weed Occurrence and Control at Soybean Culture in Rice-Soybean Rotated Paddy Field. Kor. J. Weed Sci. 15(4) : 313-320.
- Kim, T. Y. 2013. Growth and Yield Characteristics of Foxtail Millet, Proso Millet and Sorghum According to Sowing Date in Middle Area in Korea. Department of Bioresource Sciences. Dankook University.
- Kwon, J. R., Y. S. Yun, and K. S. Lee. 1993. Comparison of crop yield and income among different paddy-upland rotation cropping systems. Korean J. Crop Sci. 38(4) : 312-316.
- Lee, J. S., S. B. Song, J. Y. Ko, J. R. Kang, B. G. Oh, M. C. Seo, D. Y. Kwak, M. H. Nam, and K. S. Woo. 2011. Effects of the Cultivated Areas on Antioxidant Compounds and Activities of Proso Millet (Panicum miliaceum L.). Korean J. Crop Sci. 56(4) : 315-321. https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2011.56.4.315
- NIAST. 2000. Methods of soil chemical analysis. National Institute of Agricultural Science and Technology, RDA, Suwon, Korea.
- Nyle, C. B. and R. W. Ray. 2010. Elements of the nature and properties of soils. 3rd edition. pp. 175-177.
- Oh, S. W., X. Shen, and J. Y. Pyon. 2004. Weed control efficacy of herbicides in soybean in paddy field and their residual effect on rice growth. Kor. J. Weed. Sci. 24(4) : 262-273.
- Park, H. S., M. S. Ko, J. T. Kim, K. W. Oh, and S. B. Pae. 1999. Agronomic Characteristics of Common Millet (Panicum miliaceum L.) Varieties. Korean J. Breed. 31(4) : 428-433.
- Roxburgh. W. 1932. Flora India or description of Indian plants. Vol. II. pp. 96-105.
- USDA. 1996. Soil Survey Laboratory Methods Manual. soil survey investions report No. 42 version 3.0.
- Yun, E. S., K. Y. Jung, K. D. Park, J. Y. Ko, J. S. Lee, and S. T. Park. 2009. Changes in the soil physical properties of vineyard converted from paddy field. Korean J. Soil Sci. Fert. 42(3) : 145-151.
- Effects of Ridge Width on the Growth and Yield of Foxtail Millet (Setaria italica (L.) P. Beauvois) in Paddy-Upland Rotation Fields vol.51, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.6090/jarq.51.129
- Effects of Sowing Time on the Growth and Yield of Proso Millet (Panicum miliaceum L.) in Jeonbuk Area vol.61, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7740/kjcs.2016.61.3.208
- Effect of Planting Density and Seeding Date on the Tiller Aspect and Growth Characteristics of Proso Millet (Panicum miliaceum L.) vol.29, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2016.29.4.511
- Kinetics Investigation on Mushroom Tyrosinase Inhibition of Proso Millet vol.2018, pp.2090-9071, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/2387926
Supported by : 농촌진흥청