- Volume 20 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of Middle School Students' Academic procrastination on Their Academic Achievement
중학생의 학업적 꾸물거림과 학업성취도에 관한 실증적 인과관계 분석
- LEE, Shin-Sook (School of Administration and Social Welfare, Chosun University)
- 이신숙 (조선대학교 행정복지학부)
- Received : 2015.05.15
- Accepted : 2015.06.05
- Published : 2015.06.30
This study aims to examine the effects of academic procrastination in middle school students on their academic achievement. It also analyzed the influences of stress level recognized by middle school students on their academic achievement. First, it examined theoretical and preceding studies and assumed that sub-factors of academic procrastination in middle school students such as behavioral, cognitive and emotional factors affected their academic achievement. It was assumed that the middle school students' stress had the direct mediating effects on their academic achievement. As a result of the research, it was found that sub-factors of academic procrastination in middle school students such as behavioral, cognitive and emotional factors had partially direct influence on their stress and academic achievement. It was shown that the analysis of mediating effects from middle school students' stress had no influence on the academic achievement. This study presented policy suggestions of academic achievement in middle school students as an alternative based on the research results.
- Yang ae gyeong.Jo ho je. Analysis of the differences in academic achievement according to the stress levels of middle . high school students. "Learner-centered curriculum Education", 9(1), 341-358, 2009.
- Rothblum, E. D., Soloman, S. J., & Murakami, J. Affective, cognitive, and behavioral differences between high and low procrastinations. "Journal of Counseling Psychology", 33, 387-394, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0184.108.40.2067
- Kim Gwang Suk. "Impact on the effects linger and linger Upon depression of the five personality factors for a sensation: mediating role of self-efficacy and self-esteem". Chonbuk National University, Master's Thesis, 2006.
- Seo eun hui. " Delay action to overcome academic program development and effectiveness research"Yonsei University doctoral thesis, 2006.
- Soloman, S. J., & Rothblum, E. D. Academic procrastination : Fenquency and cognitivebehavioralcorrelates. "Journal of Counseling Psychology", 31(4), 503-509, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-0220.127.116.113
- Vestervelt, B. A. "An examination of the content and construct validity of four measures of procrastination". Unpublished dissertation, Carleton University. 2000.
- Choi Yoon Jung.Kim seong hui. Upon linger measure academic development for elementary school. "Study counseling", 9(1), 199-219, 2008.
- Kim Yong Rae.Kim Tae Eun. Stress learners, school adaptation (coping) and academic performance, Hongik University Institute of Education. "Educational Research Journal", 21, 5-33, 2004.
- Hwang Yeong Suk. "academic achievement, academic self-concept, and academic stress on Elemantary and middle school students", The Graduate School Han Yang University.1997
- Wilkinson, Greg. "Understanding stress". British Medical Association Family doctor series Vol. 013. 2005
- Woo so-Yeon. "Self-control and sense of humor as moderating factors for negative effects of daily hassles on school adjustment for children", The Graduate School Yeosei University. 2008
- DuBois, D. L.,Felner, R. D., Mears H., & Krier, M. "Prospetive investigation of the effects of socioeconomic disadvantage, life stress, and social support on early adolescence adjustment". Journal of Abnormal Psychologr. 103(3), 511-522. 1994 https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-843X.103.3.511
- Jeong Ok Bun, "adolescents development", HakJisa, 1998
- Cohen, S., & Hobermanl, A. "Positive events and social supports as buffers of life change stress". Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 13, 99-125. 1983 https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1559-1816.1983.tb02325.x
- Kang Yong Ja, "A Comparative Study of Average Youth and Juvenile Delinquent about the Life Stressors and Coping. The graduate school Sangmyung Woment's University, 1996
- Park Young Sin. Kim Ui Cheol Others. Longitudinal study on the relationship between the parent and the fulfillment of the Korea Youth. "Korea Psychological Association : Social Issues", 10(3), 37-59, 2004.
- Lee Shin Sook.Kim Yong seop. An Empirical Analysis of causality resilience and adaptability of junior school. "Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information".19(3). 135-145. 2014. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2014.19.3.135
- Mo Sang Hyeon.Kim Mi Young;. Study on internal and external factors affecting navigation and the protection factor effects on academic stress. "Theory and practice of education", 14(2), 1-19, 2009.
- Lee Shin Sook.Kang Gil Hyun. Learning resilience factors impact on high school academic achievement and self-efficacy: Moderating Role of Stress around. "Journal of the Korea Society of Computer and Information".19(8). 187-196. 2014. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2014.19.8.187
- Park Byeong Gi.Park Seon Mi. Development and Validation of Academic Stress Scale. "Educational Psychology", 26(2), 563-585, 2012.
- Felston, G., & Wilcox, K. Influence of stressand situation-specific mastery beliefs and satisfaction with social support on well-being and academic performance. "Psychological Report", 70, 291-319, 1992. https://doi.org/10.2466/pr0.1918.104.22.1681
- Bae byeong ryeol. Amos 19 by structural equation modeling-Principles and Practices. Book publishing Cheongram. 312-350. 2011