- Volume 19 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Experimental Study on Combustion Characteristics of Biodiesel Fuel in Marine Diesel Engine
선박디젤기관에서 바이오디젤연료의 연소특성에 대한 실험적 연구
- Cho, Sang-Gon (Kunsan National University)
- 조상곤 (군산대학교 실습선 해림호)
- Received : 2015.02.24
- Accepted : 2015.06.03
- Published : 2015.06.30
Environmental pollution is produced by consumption of fossil fuel, therefore alternative fuels is interested for development of new energy resources and reduction of exhaust emissions for air pollution prevention. Biofuels are produced from new vegetable oil and animal fat, may be used as fuel without change of engine structure in diesel engine. In this paper, the test results on specific fuel consumption, combustion characteristics of neat diesel oil and biodiesel blends(10 vol.% biodiesel and 20 vol.% biodiesel) were presented using four stroke, direct injection diesel engine, especially this biodiesel was produced from biodiesel fuel at our laboratory by ourselves. This study showed that specific fuel consumption is increased slightly, on the other hand cylinder pressure, rate of pressure rise, rate of heat release and soot were decreased slightly in the case of biodiesel blends than neat diesel oil.
- R. L. McCormick, A. Williams, J. Ireland, M. Brimhall and R. R. Hayes, 2006, "Effects of Biodiesel Blends on Vehicle Emissions", A national laboratory of the U.S. Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy(NREL/MP)-540-40554.
- J. K. Lim, S. Y. Choi, S. J. Kim and S. G. Cho, 2008, "Effects of Biodiesel Fuel on Characteristics of Specific Fuel Consumption and Exhaust Emissions in DI Diesel Engine", Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 83-87.
- S. H. Jang, 2013, "The Characteristics on the Engine Performance for Variation of Fuel Injection Timing in DI Diesel Engine Using Biodiesel(II)", Journal of the Korea Society for Power System Engineering, Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 25-32. https://doi.org/10.9726/kspse.2013.17.6.025
- V. Pradeep and R. P. Sharma, 2007, "Use of HOT EGR for NOx Control in a Compression Ignition Engine Fuelled with Bio-Diesel from Jatropha Oil", Renewable Energy, Vol. 32, pp. 1136-1154. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.renene.2006.04.017
- J. K. Yeom, 2011, "Basic Experimental Study on the Application of Biofuel to a Diesel Engine", The Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers, Vol. 35. No. 11, pp. 1163-1168. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2011.35.11.1163
- O. T. Oh, K. J. Cheong and T. Murayama, 1988, "A Study on Alternative Fuel as Fuel Substitutes in Diesel Engine(II)", Journal of the Korean Society of Automotive Engineers, Vol. 10, No. 6, pp. 48-53.
- S. Ahn, W. I. Kim and C. S. Lee, 2013, "A Study on Spray Characteristics of Biodiesel Derived from Waste Cooking Oil", Journal of llass-Korea, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 182-187. https://doi.org/10.15435/JILASSKR.2013.18.4.182
- S. K. Yoon, M. S. Kim and N. J. Choi, 2014, "Characteristics of Canola Biodiesel Fuel Blended with Diesel on the Combustion and Exhaust Gas Emissions in a Compression Ignition Diesel Engine", Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 38, No. 9, pp. 1081-1086. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2014.38.9.1081
- S. H. Jung, M. S. Kim, S. H. Jang, D. K. Koh and S. K. Ahn, 2004, "Analysis of Combustion Characteristics of Bio Diesel Fuel in a DI Diesel Engine Using PXI and LabVIEW", Journal of the Korea Society for Power System Engineering, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 12-17.
- K. H. Park, J. Y. Kim, C. J. Kim, J. H. Ko and H. I. Park, 2012, "The Effect of Bio-diesel Fuel on Industrial Diesel Engine", Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 72-77. https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2012.36.1.72
- K. S. Jeong, D. G. Lee, H. G. Roh and C. S. Lee, 2011, "Effect of Pilot Injection on Combustion and Exhaust Emissions Characteristics in a Biodiesel Fueled Diesel Engine", The Korean Society of Combustion, Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 1-7.
- J. R. Needham, M. P. May, D. M. Doyle, S. A. Faulkner and H. Ishiwata, 1990, "Injection Timing and Rate Control a Solution for Low Emissions", SAE 900854, pp. 8-10.
- J. K. Lim, S. Y. Choi and S. G. Cho, 2008, "Effects of Biodiesel Fuel on Exhaust Emission Characteristics in Diesel Engine", Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Engineering, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 27-32.