- Volume 28 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
Effect of Age on Energy Requirement for Maintenance and Growth of Dorper and Hu Crossbred F1 Ewes Weighing 20 to 50 kg
- Nie, H.T. (Jiangsu Engineering Technology Research Center of Meat Sheep and Goat Industry, College of Animal Science, Nanjing Agricultural University) ;
- Wan, Y.J. (Research center of Haimen Goats, College of Animal Science, Nanjing Agricultural University) ;
- You, J.H. (Jiangsu Engineering Technology Research Center of Meat Sheep and Goat Industry, College of Animal Science, Nanjing Agricultural University) ;
- Wang, Z.Y. (Jiangsu Engineering Technology Research Center of Meat Sheep and Goat Industry, College of Animal Science, Nanjing Agricultural University) ;
- Lan, S. (Jiangsu Engineering Technology Research Center of Meat Sheep and Goat Industry, College of Animal Science, Nanjing Agricultural University) ;
- Fan, Y.X. (Jiangsu Engineering Technology Research Center of Meat Sheep and Goat Industry, College of Animal Science, Nanjing Agricultural University) ;
- Wang, F. (Jiangsu Engineering Technology Research Center of Meat Sheep and Goat Industry, College of Animal Science, Nanjing Agricultural University)
- Received : 2014.05.28
- Accepted : 2014.08.31
- Published : 2015.08.01
This research aimed to define the energy requirement of Dorper and Hu Hybrid
- Seve, B. and A. A. Ponter. 1997. Nutrient-hormone signals regulating muscle protein turnover in pigs. Proc. Nutr. Soc. 56:565-580. https://doi.org/10.1079/PNS19970058
- Silva, A. M. A., A. G. da Silva Sobrinho, I. A. C. M. Trindade, K. T. Resende, and O. A. Bakke. 2003. Net requirements of protein and energy for maintenance of wool and hair lambs in a tropical region. Small Rumin. Res. 49:165-171. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0921-4488(03)00100-7
- Tyler, N. J. C., P. Fauchald, O. Johansen, and H. R. Christiansen. 1999. Seasonal inappetence and weight loss in female reindeer in winter. Ecol. Bull. 47:105-116.
- Van Soest, P. J., J. B. Robertson, and B. A. Lewis. 1991. Methods for dietary fiber, neutral detergent fiber, and nonstarch polysaccharides in relation to animal nutrition. J. Dairy Sci. 74:3583-3597. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.S0022-0302(91)78551-2
- Xu, G. S. 2012. Study on Energy and Protein Requirements of 20 to 35kg Dorper and thin-tailed Han Crossbred Lambs. PhD Thesis. Chinese Academy of Agricultural Sciences, Beijing, China (In Chinese).
- Rhind, S., Z. Archer, and C. Adam. 2002. Seasonality of food intake in ruminants: Recent developments in understanding. Nutr. Res. 15:43-65. https://doi.org/10.1079/NRR200236
- Suttie, J. M., and J. R. Webster. 1995. Extreme seasonal growth in arctic deer: comparisons and control mechanisms. Am. Zool. 35:215-221. https://doi.org/10.1093/icb/35.3.215
- AFRC. 1993. Energy and Protein Requirements of Ruminants: An Advisory Manual Prepared by the AFRC Technical Committee on Responses to Nutrients. CAB International, Wallingford, UK.
- AOAC. 1990. Official Methods of Analysis. Association of Official Analytical Chemists Inc.Washington, DC, USA.
- ARC. 1980. The Nutrient Requirements of Ruminant Livestock. Commonwealth Agricultural Bureaux, Slough, UK.
- Blaxter, K. L. and J. L. Clapperton. 1965. Prediction of the amount of methane produced by ruminants. Br. J. Nutr. 19: 511-522. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19650046
- Cannas, A., L. O. Tedeschi, D. G. Fox, A. N. Pell, and P. J. Van Soest. 2004. A mechanistic model for predicting the nutrient requirements and feed biological values for sheep. J. Anim. Sci. 82:149-169. https://doi.org/10.2527/2004.821149x
- CSIRO. 2007. Nutrient Requirements of Domesticated Ruminants. Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization Publishing; Melbourne, Vic, Australia.
- Dawson, L. E. R. and R. W. J. Steen. 1998. Estimation of maintenance energy requirements of beef cattle and sheep. J. Agric. Sci. 131: 477-485. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0021859698005942
- Deng, K. D., Q. Y. Diao, C. G. Jiang, Y. Tu, N. F. Zhang, J. Liu, T. Ma, Y. G. Zhao, and G. S. Xu. 2012. Energy requirements for maintenance and growth of Dorper crossbred ram lambs. Livest. Sci. 150:102-110. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.livsci.2012.08.006
- Fernandes, M. H. M. R., K. T. Resende, L. O. Tedeschi, J. S. Fernandes, H. M. Silva, G. E. Carstens, T. T. Berchielli, I. A. M. A. Teixeira, and L. Akinaga. 2007. Energy and protein requirements for maintenance and growth of Boer crossbred kids. J. Anim. Sci. 85:1014-1023. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2006-110
- Freetly, H. C., J. A. Nienaber, and T. M. Brown-Brandl. 2003. Relationship between aging and nutritionally controlled growth rate on heat production of heifers. J. Anim. Sci. 81:1847-1852. https://doi.org/10.2527/2003.8171847x
- Galvani, D. B., C. C. Pires, G. V. Kozloski, and T. P. Wommer. 2008. Energy requirements of Texel crossbred lambs. J. Anim. Sci. 86:3480-3490. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas.2008-1097
- Garrett, W. 1980. Factors influencing energetic efficiency of beef production. J. Anim. Sci. 51:1434-1440. https://doi.org/10.2527/jas1981.5161434x
Ji, S. K., G. S. Xu, C. G. Jiang, K. D. Deng, Y. Tu, N. F. Zhang, T. Ma, C. Lou, and Q. Y. Diao. 2013. Net phosphorus requirements of Dorper
$\times$Thin-tailed han crossbred ram lambs. Asian Australas. J. Anim. Sci. 26:1282-1288. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2012.12634
- Kamalzadeh, A. and A. Shabani. 2007. Maintenance and growth requirements for energy and nitrogen of Baluchi sheep. Int. J. Agric. Biol. (Pakistan).
- NRC. 2007. Nutrient requirements of small ruminants: Sheep, goats, cervids, and new world camelids. Natl. Acad. Press Washington, DC, USA.
- Pires, C. C., L. F. D. Silva, and L. M. Bonnecarrere Sanchez. 2000. Corporal composition and nutritional requirements for energy and protein of growing lambs. Rev. Bras. Zootec. 29:853-860. https://doi.org/10.1590/S1516-35982000000300031
- Prieto, C., J. F. Aguilera, L. Lara, and J. Fonolla. 1990. Protein and energy requirements for maintenance of indigenous Granadina goats. Br. J. Nutr. 63:155-163. https://doi.org/10.1079/BJN19900103
- Energy requirements of early-weaned Dorper cross-bred female lambs vol.100, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1111/jpn.12481