- Volume 16 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Proposal of Design Criteria on Multi-functional Tunnel for the Urban Traffic Tunnel to Flooding Bypass
도심지 홍수저감과 교통량 분담을 위한 다기능 대심도 터널 설계 기준 방안 제시
- Kwon, Soonho (Department of Civil Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Kim, Junghwan (Department of Civil Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Chung, Gunhui (Department of Civil Engineering, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2015.04.28
- Accepted : 2015.05.07
- Published : 2015.05.31
Spatial and time variation of the precipitation in Korea is high, therefore, more than 2/3 of the annual precipitation is concentrated during the rainy season. Climate change also causes the intensive rainfall in the area of dense population, thus the occurrence frequency of the heavy flood in the impervious area has been increased. Therefore, the structural food mitigation measures such as the construction of the higher design frequency stormwater pipes, pumping stations, and/or detention ponds. The flood bypass tunnel or retention storage is also one of the efficient structures to mitigate flood damage in the urban area. However, the economic feasibility has been controversial because the flood bypass tunnel might be used once or twice a year. To solve the problem, the multi-functional tunnel for the urban traffic and flooding bypass has been considered. In this study, the design criteria of the road and water tunnel has been analysed and the composite design criteria is proposed for the multi-functional tunnel which is expected to be constructed.
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Foong, S.L., Shiozaki, Y. &Horita, Y. "Evaluation of the Reconstruction Plans for Tsunami Disaster victims in Malaysia", Journal of Asia Architecture and Building Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 293-300, November, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3130/jaabe.5.293 https://doi.org/10.3130/jaabe.5.293
- Kim, Hyun-Soo and Kim, Hong-Moon, " A study on cross sectional characteristics and available area for using the lower space in TBM road tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 141-157, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2012.14.2.141 https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2012.14.2.141
- Ministry of Land Transport and Maritime Affairs, Feasibility Study Report for the Joongrang Choen SMART Construction, 2007.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Rivers design standards, 2009.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs, Road design standards, 2012
- A Study on site selection criteria and discharge capability evaluation for the multi-purpose use of a double-deck tunnel in a great depth vol.18, pp.3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.3.283
- Experimental Investigation on the Velocity Structure and its Effect on the Flow Patterns of Air-Water Two-phase Flow in a Horizontal Pipe vol.22, pp.9, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-018-1037-z