- Volume 16 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The influencing factors associated with glycemic control among adult diabetes patients
성인 당뇨병환자의 혈당조절에 따른 특성 및 영향요인
- Kim, Kisook (Department of Nursing, Changwon National University)
- 김기숙 (국립창원대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2015.02.06
- Accepted : 2015.05.07
- Published : 2015.05.31
The purpose of this study was to investigate influencing factors and characteristics in Korean adults with diabetes by glycemic control groups. A secondary data analysis was conducted using the data of "The Fifth Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2012" in this study. Finally, 608 participants who adults with diabetes were used for analysis. Selected data were processed using the SPSS 21.0 program. Diabetes duration(OR: 1.70, 95% CI 1.03-2.92) and age(OR: 2.06, 95% CI 1.16-3.65), hypertriglyceridemia(OR: 2.45, 95% CI 1.21-4.98) were positively associated glycemic poor control group. Therefore considering these factors and individualized diabetes intervention by glycemic control group are helpful for adult patients with diabetes.
Supported by : Changwon National University
- DJ Kim. The epidemiology of diabetes in Korea, Diabetes & Metabolism Journal, 35(4), 303-308, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4093/jkd.2013.14.1.1 https://doi.org/10.4093/dmj.2011.35.4.303
- Korea Center for Disease Control & Prevention. Statistics of health behavior and chronic disease, Seoul: Korea Center for disease control and prevention. 2013.
- EJ Rhee. The effects of postprandial hyperglycemia on glucose control. Korean Journal of Diabetes, 13(1), 23-26, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4093/jkd.2012.13.1.23 https://doi.org/10.4093/jkd.2012.13.1.23
- YH Lee, DJ Kim. Diabetes risk score for Korean adults, Korean Journal of Diabetes, 14(1), 6-10, 2013. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.4093/jkd.2013.14.1.6 https://doi.org/10.4093/jkd.2013.14.1.6
- National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse. DCCT and EDIC: The diabetes control and complications trial and follow-up study, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 2008. Available from: http://diabetes.niddk.nih.gov/dm/pubs/control/DCCT-EDI C_508.pdf (accessed Nov 10, 2014).
- SS Schwarts. Optimizing glycemic control and minimizing the risk of hypoglycemia in patients with type 2 diabetes, Drugs in Context, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7573/dic.212255 https://doi.org/10.7573/dic.212255
- TY Ryu, J Park, PE Scherer. Hyperglycemia as a risk factor for cancer progression, Diabetes & Metabolism Journal, 38(5), 330-336, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4093/dmj.2014.38.5.330 https://doi.org/10.4093/dmj.2014.38.5.330
- S Gonnelli, C Caffarelli, N Giordano, R Nuti. The prevention of fragiligy fracture in diabetc patients, Aging Clinical and Experimental Research, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s40520-014-0258-3 https://doi.org/10.1007/s40520-014-0258-3
- HC Gerstein, ME Miller, F Ismail-Beigi, J Largry, C McDonald, HA Lochnan, GL Booth, the ACCORD Study Group. Effects of intensive glycemic control on ischemic heart disease: analysis data from the randomised contorolled ACCORD trial, Lancet, 29, 1936-41, 2014 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/s0140-6736(14)60611-5
- YM Seo, WH Choi. The relationship between neuropathic pain and glycemic control, self-management in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients, Journal of the Korea Academia -Industrial cooperation Society, 14(4), 1774-1780, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/kais.2013.14.4.1774 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.4.1774
- KH Sim, MS Hwang. Effect of self-monitoring of blood glucose based diabetes self-management education on glycemic control in type 2 diabetes, Journal of Korean Academy Society of Nursing Education, 19(2), 127-136, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.127 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.2.127
- SM Lee, SK Kim, MY Park, KH Yoon, SM Kim, YK Lee, DL Kim. Related factors with glucose control in elderly patients with diabetes, Korean Diabetes Association Conference Proceeding, 2012, p.272.
- YM Lee, HJ Lee, EJ Kwon, JY Ha, MK Kim, TW Noh, S Kang, JS Park. JH Seok, CW Ahn, KR Kim. Association between blood sugar level, psychological impact and emotional symptoms in patients newly diagnosed with diabetes, Korean Journal of Diabetes, 14(1), 46-53, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4093/jkd.2013.14.1.46 https://doi.org/10.4093/jkd.2013.14.1.46
- K Kim, J Kim, E Lee. Diabetes-related characteristics in men with diabetes for the glucose control group and noncontrol group. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing., 18(2), 152-159, 2011.
- EY Pyo, MH Jung, YS Kim. Factors related to blood glucose control in patients with diabetes. Korean Journal of Health Education Promotion, 29(3), 15-22, 2012.
- American Diabetes Association . Standards of medical care in diabetes-2014, Diabetes Care, 37, suppl 1. 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2337/dc14-s014 https://doi.org/10.2337/dc14-S014
- Korea National Diabetes Program Clinical Research for type 2 Diabetes. Diabetes-understanding & management: Management of Diabetes. Seoul: Ministry of Health and Welfare. 2008.
- JH Yoo. What is needed for early detection of diabetes complication?, Korean Journal of Diabetes, 14(1), 32-35, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4093/jkd.2013.14.1.32 https://doi.org/10.4093/jkd.2013.14.1.32
- DJ Kim, Target blood pressure in diabetes, Korean Journal of Diabetes, 14(1), 1-5. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4093/jkd.2013.14.1.1 https://doi.org/10.4093/jkd.2013.14.1.1
- L Ji, J Weng, J Lu, X Guo, W Yang W Jia, D Zou, D Zhou, Q Ji, L Shi, X Ynag, Hyperglycemia and duration diabetes as risk factors for abnormal lipid: a cross sectional survey of 19,757 patients with type 2 diabetes in China, Journal of Endocrinology Investigation, 37(9), 843-852, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s40618-014-0115-4 https://doi.org/10.1007/s40618-014-0115-4
- R Gross, M Olfson, MJ Gameroff. O Carasquillo, S Shea, A Feder, R Lantiqua, M Fuentes, MM Weissman. Depression and glycemic control in hispanic primary care patients with diabetes, Journal of General Internal Medicine, 20(5), 460-466, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1497.2005.30003.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1525-1497.2005.30003.x
- M de Groot, R Anderson, KE Freedland, RE Clouse, PJ Lustman. Association of depression and diabetes complication: a meta-analysis, Psychosomatic Medicine, 63(4), 619-630, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00006842-200107000-00015 https://doi.org/10.1097/00006842-200107000-00015
- A Nouwen, K Winkley, J Twisk, CE Loyd, K Ismail, F Puwer. et al. Type 2 diabetes mellitus as a risk factor for the onset of depression: a systematic review and meta-analysis, Diabetologia, 53(12), 2480-2486, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00125-010-1874-x https://doi.org/10.1007/s00125-010-1874-x
- Korea National Diabetes Program Clinical Research for type 2 Diabetes. excercise in diabetes patients, Korea National Diabetes Program. Available from: https://www.kndp.or.kr/research/sub2_3.html (accessed Jan 10, 2015).
- Factors Influencing Glycemic Control by gender in Workers with Diabetes Mellitus vol.21, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7587/kjrehn.2018.121