- Volume 16 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
The analysis of socio-economic determinants of demanders for cultural performance
문화공연에 대한 사회·경제적 수요 특성 분석
- Received : 2015.03.27
- Accepted : 2015.05.07
- Published : 2015.05.31
This paper attempts to analyze the socio-economic determinants of demanders for cultural performance. To take into account zero responses (no expenditure or no experience for cultural performance, this paper employed a two-equation model and tobit model. the results of this study can be obtained the following conclusion. The demands of performing arts tend to be increased to people as they were younger, women, more earned and higher educated. In addition, the income is inelastic to demand. And after a certain age (peak age), the demand is increased.
cultural performance;socio-economic determinants;two-equation model;tobit model
- Heckman, J. J. Sample selection bias as a specification error, Econometrica, 47, 153-161, 1979. https://doi.org/10.2307/1912352
- Amemiya, T. Tobit models: a survey, Journal of Econometrics ,24, 3-61, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1016/0304-4076(84)90074-5
- Bhat, C. R., "Imputing as a Continuous Income Variable from Grouped and Missing Income Observations", Economics Letter, Vol. 46, 1994, pp. 311-319. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0165-1765(94)90151-1 https://doi.org/10.1016/0165-1765(94)90151-1
- Deaton, A., The Analysis of Household Surveys: Microeconometric Analysis for Development Policy, Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1596/0-8018-5254-4
- Ministry of culture, sports, and tourism, The survey of performing art. 2014.
- Zieba, M., "Full-Income and Price Elasticities of Demand for German Public Theatre," Journal of Cultural Economics, Vol. 33(2), 2009, 85-108. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s10824-009-9094-2 https://doi.org/10.1007/s10824-009-9094-2
- Throsby, D. and Withers, G. A., Economics for the Performing Arts, Gregg Revivals, 1983.
- Gray, H.P., "Culture and Economic Performance : Policy as an Intervening Variable, " Journal of Comparative Economics, 23(3), 1996, 278-291. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1006/jcec.1996.0065 https://doi.org/10.1006/jcec.1996.0065
- Lee C-J. and Kim, J-B., Demand for Classical Music Concerts from Transaction Cost Perspectives, Journal of Cultural Economics, Vol 17 (2), 2014, 3-28.
- Sung, J-H. A Study of the Effect of Art Specific Human Capital on the Demand for Artistic-Cultural Goods, Journal of Industrial Economics, Vol. 25 (1), 2012, 657-677)
Supported by : 한국연구재단