- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of Accident Model by Traffic Violation Type in Korea 4-legged Circular Intersections
국내 4지 원형교차로 법규위반별 사고모형 개발
- Park, Byung Ho (Department of Urban Engineering, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Kyeong Yong (Department of Urban Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2012.03.19
- Accepted : 2015.03.23
- Published : 2015.04.30
This study deals with the traffic accident of circular intersections. The purpose of the study is to develop the accident models by traffic violation type. In pursuing the above, this study gives particular attention to analyzing various factors that influence traffic accident and developing such the optimal models as Poisson and Negative binomial regression models. The main results are the followings. First, 4 negative binomial models which were statistically significant were developed. This was because the over-dispersion coefficients had a value greater than 1.96. Second, the common variables in these models were not adopted. The specific variables by model were analyzed to be traffic volume, conflicting ratio, number of circulatory lane, width of circulatory lane, number of traffic island by access road, number of reduction facility, feature of central island and crosswalk.
roundabout;poisson regression model;negative binomial regression model;traffic violation
- J. S. Kim, T. Y. Kim, K. H. Kim and B. H. Park, "Developing the Traffic Accident Models by the Function of Arterial Link Sections in the Case of Cheongju", International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2011.
- H. Na and B. H. Park, "Developing Accident Models of Rotary by Accident Occurrence Location", Journal of Korean Society of Road Engineers, Vol. 14, No 4, pp. 83-91, 2012.
- H. Na and B. H. Park, "Accident Models of Circular Intersection by Cause Using ZAM", International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 14, No 2, pp. 101-108, 2012. https://doi.org/10.7855/IJHE.2012.14.2.101
- B. H. Park and J. Y. Kim, "Developing the Accident Models of Cheongju Arterial Link Sections using ZAM Model", International Journal of Highway Engineering, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 43-49, 2010.
- B. H. Park, S. H, Park, Y. M. Lee and B. C. In, "Accident Analysis of Unsignalized Intersections Using ZAM - In the Case of 3-legged and 4-legged Unsignalized Intersections in Cheongju", Journal of the Korea Planners Association, Vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 69-78, 2008.
- D. S. Yoo, S. J. Oh, T. Y. Kim and B. H. Park, "Comparative Analysis on the Characteristics and Models of Traffic Accidents by Day and Nighttime in the Case of Cheongju 4-legged signalized Intersections", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 28, No. 2D, pp.181-189, 2008.
- S. S. Han, K. H. Kim and B. H. Park, "Accident Models of Circular Intersections by Type in Korea", Journal of Korean Society of Road Engineering, Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 103-110, 2011.
- H. C. Chin and M. A. Quddus, "Applying the Random Effect Negative Binomial Model to Examine Traffic Accident Occurrence at Signalized Intersections", Accident Analysis & Prevention 35, pp. 253-259, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0001-4575(02)00003-9
- Washington, Simon P, Matthew G, Karlaftis and Fred L, "Statistical and Econometric Methods for Transportation Data Analysis", Champan & Hall/CRC, 2003.
- Yan Xuedong, Radwan, Essam and Abdel-Aty, Mohamed, "Characteristics of Rear-end Accidents at Signalized Intersections using Multiple Logistic Regression Models", Accident Analysis & Prevention 37, pp. 983-995, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aap.2005.05.001