- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Horizontal Connection and Slope on Buckling Characteristics of Single Pipe
단관 파이프의 좌굴특성에 대한 수평연결재 및 기울기의 영향
- Lee, Jin Seop (Department of Safety Engineering, Incheon National University) ;
- Lee, Yeon Su (Department of Safety Engineering, Incheon National University) ;
- Oh, Tae Keun (Department of Safety Engineering, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2015.02.06
- Accepted : 2015.03.20
- Published : 2015.04.30
The number of collapse accidents relevant to form support since 2003 is 30 on the basis of statistical data from Ministry of Employment and Labor,. Total number of casualty was 138 (47 for deaths and 91 for injuries). The accident severity rate was high because the 4.6 casualties per one accident were occurred averagely although the incident rate was relatively low. Especially, one of form support members, the pipe supports have not been equipped adequately so that the accidents could have happened. In this regard, this study performed buckling test related to the effect of horizontal connection and slope in the single pipe which is one of typical pipe supports. The buckling load, which was estimated from the single pipe with the horizontal connectors theoretically and experimentally, was increased as more than 2 times compared to the buckling load obtained from the pipe supports without the connector. The buckling load was reduced as more than 26%, 34% slope of the single pipe comparing with 5% and 10% slope, respectively. Thus, the purpose of this study is to provide the guideline for installation and the maintenance of the pipe supports legally and institutionally to prevent the collapse accidents of the pipe supports.
Supported by : 소방방재청
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, Current Status of the Industrial Accident, 2014.
- F. C. Hadripriono and H. K. Wang, "Analysis of Cause of Falsework Failures in Concrete Structures", Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 112, No. 1, pp.112-121, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(1986)112:1(112)
- Y. O. Lee and S. J. Choi, "A Proposed Method of the Strength Calculation of Pipe Support", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 59-64, 2001.
- A. P. Boresi and R. J. Schmidt, "Advanced Mechanics of Materials", John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1993.
- S. W. Baek and I. Y. Song, "A Study on the Buckling Characteristics of Pipe Support(V6)", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 59-62, 2011.