- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effect of Boundary Condition on Buckling Characteristics of Pipe Supports
파이프 서포트의 좌굴특성에 대한 지지조건의 영향
- Lee, Jin Seop (Department of Safety Engineering, Incheon National University) ;
- Lee, Yeon Su (Department of Safety Engineering, Incheon National University) ;
- Oh, Tae Keun (Department of Safety Engineering, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2015.02.06
- Accepted : 2015.03.16
- Published : 2015.04.30
Recently, a lot more disasters in the temporary structures happen because the stabilities of the temporary structures are disregarded by the reduction of the unit cost, using defective materials, the existing materials and so on. Pipe supports, which are one of the temporary structures, are basically used for the most constructing works such as buildings, bridges, plants and so on. In the most sites, adequate support installations of the pipe supports have not been performed although the presence of the guideline legally and institutionally. In this study, therefore, the collapse accidents of the pipe supports were investigated on the basis of theoretical analysis as well as the buckling tests by simulating the site support condition. Both the theocratical analysis and test results show that the buckling load in the fixed ends is at least 4 times larger than one in the pinned ends. This results will be utilized for safety assurance as well as accident prevention the in the field application.
pipe support;collapse accident;buckling;boundary condition;temporary structure
Supported by : 소방방재청
- KOSHA, "The Study on the Resisting Force of Pipe Support", Research Report, 1999.
- Ministry of Employment and Labor, Current Status of the Industrial Accident, 2014.
- H.S. Kim and Y. K. Yeo, "The Evaluation of the Safety of Formwork System Considering the Continuous Collapse", Industrial Scientific Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 197-204, 2000.
- F. C. Hadripriono and H. K. Wang, "Analysis of Cause of Falsework Failures in Concrete Structures", Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, Vol. 112, No. 1, pp.112-121, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9364(1986)112:1(112)
- Y. O. Lee and S. J. Choi, "A Proposed method of the Strength Calculation of Pipe Support", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 59-64, 2001.
- H. S. Kim, "The Study on the Collapse Cause Analysis of the Shore System because of the Design and Construction Deficiencies", Industrial Scientific Research, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 213-220, 2004.
- KOSHA, "The Structural Stability of the Shore", Regulation Guideline, 2003.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "The Standard Specification of Temporary Structure (Design)", 2014.
- A. P. Boresi and R. J. Schmidt, "Advanced mechanics of Materials", John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1993.
- S. W. Baek and I. Y. Song, "A Study on the Buckling Characteristics of Pipe Support(V6)", Journal of the Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 59-62, 2011.