- Volume 30 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Study on Shear Connector Performance Estimation for Plan Extension of RC Apartment Structures
철근콘크리트 공동주택의 평면확장을 위한 연결부의 전단성능 평가에 관한 연구
- Kim, Dong Baek (Department of Civil, Safety ＆ Environment Engineering, Hankyong National University)
- 김동백 (한경대학교 토목안전환경공학과)
- Received : 2014.12.15
- Accepted : 2015.03.07
- Published : 2015.04.30
Nowadays, remodeling cases for some apartment like Hyundai through the support of government are reported. Conventionally, balcony and aisle are extended for additional private area or balcony which is supported by new frame is extended. In extension work at site, dowel bar is conventionally inserted in old concrete slab for connection with old and new slab, however, an examination for structural safety is rarely performed prior to construction, if ever, vertical load is only considered for structural analysis. When conventionally connected structures are exposed to earthquake, the old and new structures have individual earthquake behavior with different mode, which may lead the elimination of resistance to earthquake in new structures. As of this reason, new detailing connection system which can have light weight and sufficient ductility performance is developed for application to domestic extension works. Additionally, user manual and specification are also developed for fertilization of application for the developed technology.
remodeling;apartment;extension;RC structures;shear performance
- G. J. Parra-Montesinos et al, "Development of Connections between Hybrid Steel-FRC Beams and RC Columns for Precast Earthquake-resistant Framed Construction", Engineering Structures, Vol. 27, Issue 13, pp 1931-1941, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2005.06.017
- E. Ellobody and B. Young, "Performance of Shear Connection in Composite Beams with Profiled Steel Sheeting", Journal of Constructional Steel Research, Vol. 62, Issue 7, pp. 682-694, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcsr.2005.11.004
- D. Kraus and O. Wurzer, "Nonlinear finite-element analysis of concrete dowels", Computers & Structures, Vol. 64, Issues 5-6, pp. 1271-1279, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(97)00034-5
- G.E. Thermou, A.S. Elnashai, "Seismic Retrofit Schemes for RC Structures and Local-global Consequences", Prog. Struct. Engng Mater, pp. 1-15, 2006.
- H. Kim, T. Park and L. Chung, "The Present State of Earthquake Hazard for Apartment Structures in Korea", Journal of Korean Society of Safety, Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 100-107, 2008.
- S. S. Kim, K. H. Choi, J. Y. Lee and M.S. Yoon, "Experimental Verification on the Shear Strength of Chemically Anchored Steel Bar", Conference paper of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol.24, No. 2, pp. 155-158, 2004.
- S. S. Kim, K. H. Choi, J. Y. Lee and I. J Choi, "Experimental Verification on the Structural Performance of Reinforced Concrete Slabs Rigidly Connected by Steel Bar Injection", Conference paper of Korea Concrete Institute, Vol.16, No. 2, pp. 465-468, 2004.
- A.S. Min, J. S. Bang, B. O. Jung and K. S. Kang, "Example Report of Apartment Remodeling(Mapo Young and Apgujung Archrovil)", Daelim Technology Review Spring, Daelim Research Center, pp. 112-129, 2004.
- K. W. Bae, K. S. Park, J. M. LEE, Y. K. Lim and J. C. Ryu, "Shear Strength of Horizintal Joints for the Development of Hybrid Mothod with Shear Wall Structure", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 3-8, 2003.
- S. H. Oh, H. S. Ryu and I. H. Jang, "The Experiment of Slab and Steel Beam Connection for Area Enlargement Remodeling of Box Frame Type Apartment", Conference Ppaper of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 135-138, 2003.
- H. S. Ryu, S. H. Oh and H. B. Choi, "The Experimental Study on Connection Ability of Extension Slab & Wall Apartment Slab", Conference Paper of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol. 25, No.1, pp. 285-288, 2005.